Hot Toys celebrates Star Wars: The Clone Wars 20th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They really should milk that Portman sculpt for all it's worth. Back in the day Hasbro went wild with every outfit change. I don't want HT to go that deep, but she does have some really striking outfits across the prequels...
I wouldn't buy anything and everything, because let's face it, grown men paying 300$ for one Princess Doll (with a dress and a tiara and...) is already bad enough. But I absolutely need a "royal" looking Padme to pair next to Anakin, Chancellor Sheev and the rest. I wanted to break my PT display in "themes" (Jedi, Republic, Villains, Clones) but I scrapped all that and now mostly want a ROTS/Republic display plus the villains/Sith. General Kenobi does complicate things as I really want him but if I get him, I won't be able to put him with my ROTS set up, as I want that to be the "Republic" one. I'm planning to put the PT Republic display next to the OT Empire one, to create a contrast. Palpatine/Emperor, Anakin/Vader, Obi/Tarkin, Padme/Thrawn; yeah okay it's not perfect, but you get the point. Since HT showed this Obi I've been thinking that I could set up a TCW-esque display, with the villains (Dooku, Maul, Ventress for sure, we'll see about Grievous and whatever else) versus General Kenobi and his Clones. It does kinda make sense, as Obi-Wan had the better episodes in TCW, his look is more representative of the era due to the Clone armour, and you can pair him with any Clone and it'll work. But it's an extra, and it's a packed year already. I'll have to think about it.

Anyway, I most certainly hope that they put that Portman sculpt to use, as you said. A release around ROTS's anniversary is likely I suppose, but the problem is that her looks there were rather disappointing:

EWkMB7rUMAAznO_.jpg

She was pregnant so they were very tent-like, and I need my Princess dolly to be slim and tigh- You get the point...

If they release that before red dress Queen Amidala I'll personally be paying Howard a visit.

I love the red dress version, but that would require a new headsculpt, make-up, hair, alongside the very intricate and detailed outfit, so I think it's easier to make Clone Wars costumes with what they've currently established.

Please Ventress.

I just rewatched the Gendy CW, and its even better than I remember. It has such an awesome tone and the animation is great.

I hope this is how we get Jedi like Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi Mundi, Plo Koon, and Shaak Ti. I'd also be down for different versions of Anakin and Padme. There were some cool looks here.

Yeah the Tartakovsky Clone Wars are amazing. I absolutely adore the visual storytelling and Tartakovsky and his crew are so great at conveying things without any dialogue. I'm super happy that Disney at least resurrected the animations again, even though they're all the way in the bottom when scrolling the Star Wars app.

They really should milk that Portman sculpt for all it's worth. Back in the day Hasbro went wild with every outfit change. I don't want HT to go that deep, but she does have some really striking outfits across the prequels...
Yeah, there are so many cool outfits throughout the prequels. Jason Palmer had did some really cool drawings of them back in the day and put them as a single poster (his deviantart has them by themselves):

s823784791759114299_p6_i1_w2560.jpeg

I really like his rendition of the pilot outfit too:

pilot_padme_by_jasonpal_dw5mdd-fullview.jpg

Last edited:
I love the red dress version, but that would require a new headsculpt, make-up, hair, alongside the very intricate and detailed outfit, so I think it's easier to make Clone Wars costumes with what they've currently established.
I see where you're coming from. Although I do think the red dress version has a very good chance for 2024, if they announce a 25th anniversary TPM line. Which they probably will.

That CW Obi announcement was really surprising. Majority of freaks have already mentally prepared for him coming at some points within this year, just dint expect to be announced this SOON in just a few days passed in 2023, subsequently after that glorious AOTC line. 212th Battalion is 100% locked at this very moment.

Curious what will be next for this CW anniversary, I doubt some kind of phase I ARC troopers/commando style.

Back