Hot Toys celebrates Star Wars: The Clone Wars 20th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

All Might

Freakzoid
Reaction score
This is the 2003 Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars cartoon. Will be really interested in what we get. Good opportunity for Clone Wars Kenobi, ARC Troopers, Jedi, and perhaps General Grievous.
8A77A0BE-2FBC-4E13-898B-953013D42AFA.jpeg

Attachments

• B11CD0BF-A220-4E4C-BF19-6D9DCA0495ED.jpeg
    B11CD0BF-A220-4E4C-BF19-6D9DCA0495ED.jpeg
    333 KB · Views: 0
For some clarification, I remember when hasbro started using this branding. It doesnt refer to / directly correlate with tartakovsky’s clone wars, it’s more of a marketing thing.

They said since in 2002 the actual clone war as a whole began (in AOTC), this line would be to commemorate the entirety of the clone wars / characters of that era (across AOTC, CW, TCW, ROTS etc).

I really have no idea what livestream it was so hopefully it’s easy enough to confirm via google, but they explicitly clarified it was a broad collection and it had this same exact branding from lucasfilm.

Hopefully this incorporates at least some tartakovsky stuff, but it will likely be much more general. Maybe we will see Fives, republic commando characters, any version of ventress, and other highly requested releases fall under this umbrella.

For some clarification, I remember when hasbro started using this branding. It doesnt refer to / directly correlate with tartakovsky’s clone wars, it’s more of a marketing thing.

They said since in 2002 the actual clone war as a whole began (in AOTC), this line would be to commemorate the entirety of the clone wars / characters of that era (across AOTC, CW, TCW, ROTS etc).

I really have no idea what livestream it was so hopefully it’s easy enough to confirm via google, but they explicitly clarified it was a broad collection and it had this same exact branding from lucasfilm.

Hopefully this incorporates at least some tartakovsky stuff, but it will likely be much more general. Maybe we will see Fives, republic commando characters, any version of ventress, and other highly requested releases fall under this umbrella.

Yup, mentioned this in the NEXT topic as well, just a cool logo and marketing thing. Though I'd throw my wallet at the screen for a Saesee Tiin in space armor. This just confirms that any characters from the series will probably get this logo thrown on them, whether it is 03 CW or TCW.

Also important to note that the 20th Anniversary logo was also used on TCW clones, as recently as the 3 ARC Troopers in the Battle of Kamino from TCW Season 3. These figures are exclusive to Wal-Mart, added an image at the bottom. Lego is also using the logo on their 501st Battle Pack inspired by the 501st clones in Battlefront 2 from 2017.

Hasbro also put out 7 figures from 03 Clone Wars last year, 4 in the Vintage Collection and 3 in the Black Series.

So could be a mixture of both series, made up clones (similar to Appo's look HT gave him) which wouldn't make sense but it is what it is.

Could also just be an excuse to slap a cool logo on any Clone Wars inspired merchandise for next year. Companies know these products sell good.

7f435bb5-9822-4325-8b41-19a0219aade6.443522b5593806ba1d85a7b5ee62bfb1.jpeg

75345_alt1.png

D200D1BE-6365-4DAB-B283-A3CA367BC2CE.jpeg

I love both Clone Wars and The Clone Wars so I’m happy with figures from either. That said, despite being the 20th anniversary of the Tartakovksy Clone Wars series, this will probably be more of a marketing push for the era as a whole. And Clones. Lots and lots of Clones of all types because they sell.

The Tartakovsky Clone Wars has a very special place in our hearts for a lot of us. I would definitely love figures from it; ARC Troopers in particular. I know they’re high up on many wishlists.

969357F9-3F86-413E-B29F-CD41F4B776EF.gif

But I also love The Clone Wars which did some amazing things to develop the PT era and its characters. Clones especially received so much character development throughout the series run. So if this ends up being mostly TCW Clones, that would be amazing too.

Everything Hasbro has shown so far has been TCW. Not saying Hot Toys will follow suit, but it’s possible they’ll focus on TCW as well. TCW has the advantage of being a bigger show, having a recent final season, is still canon, and is tied to a current show with The Bad Batch.

2524E149-A25F-40EF-BA44-246730C2D54C.jpeg
1066890F-4E25-4E8B-BF34-C6BF084C5F7B.jpeg
0B85E1C7-87F8-417D-9A5C-CE507A0ED1F2.jpeg
C677F9A1-A470-4609-9C5F-6F4B3F8D283E.jpeg

don't know whether my wallet can withstand such massive financial hit from this kind of "anniversary" onward or not...right now I'm kinda all in with the AOTC line...

View attachment 615769

I love both Clone Wars and The Clone Wars so I’m happy with figures from either. That said, despite being the 20th anniversary of the Tartakovksy Clone Wars series, this will probably be more of a marketing push for the era as a whole. And Clones. Lots and lots of Clones of all types because they sell.

The Tartakovsky Clone Wars has a very special place in our hearts for a lot of us. I would definitely love figures from it; ARC Troopers in particular. I know they’re high up on many wishlists.

View attachment 615771

But I also love The Clone Wars which did some amazing things to develop the PT era and its characters. Clones especially received so much character development throughout the series run. So if this ends up being mostly TCW Clones, that would be amazing too.

Everything Hasbro has shown so far has been TCW. Not saying Hot Toys will follow suit, but it’s possible they’ll focus on TCW as well. TCW has the advantage of being a bigger show, having a recent final season, is still canon, and is tied to a current show with The Bad Batch.

View attachment 615772View attachment 615773View attachment 615774View attachment 615775
Some project director at Hasbro misunderstood the concept!

Since they gave Mace that armor, they better free General Kenobi from Howards shelf. Kit Fisto as well. I was so freaking excited when they showed that Kit proto. And we really need a Plo. I'm just terrified...or I should clarify my wallet is terrified. So much coming our way.

easily my two most wanted:
FFA20A1C-12F5-4C22-A239-251F7680EE19.jpeg

41D782C7-84D0-46BF-88EE-414DE0310CEB.jpeg

also wouldnt mind a double dip on clone wars ahsoka where they give us this outfit:
B5D2FEF2-9921-4070-9684-AAFE812BB4B1.jpeg

any republic commandos would be amazing too, whether the specific characters from the game or the all white. helmet with a lightup visor… would look so sick.

Back