1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Invoiced for my TBA 2nd batch order today. Should have it in hand in a week and get a chance to compare with both Sideshow releases.

I have the old 501st Clone deluxe and it always annoyed me the white armour was very "off white" in shade compared to the clean "Shiney" deluxe.
Looks like this may be a fix. Buy new, sell old.
They certainly will look odd standing next to each other with the two shades of white

Invoiced for my TBA 2nd batch order today. Should have it in hand in a week and get a chance to compare with both Sideshow releases.
So HK second batches are going to be received before Sideshows? Interesting.

Just a guess: maybe they had too many from the first batch.

I didn't get any invoice for mine but I ordered late.
Would make sense to buy from HK second batch if they ship before Sideshow's first batch. I am keeping a close eye on how Mysterio plays out, which might determine future purchases. Super pricey first batch, but Sideshow first batch would be higher than a HK second batch. We'll see what happens. Glad your figure will be coming soon.

With HK "later batch" policy, it really depends on the popularity of the figure in their market. Getting my figure roughly a month after initial release is uncommon. It's usually more between eight to twelve weeks after first batch release.

Anyone ordered with KGhobby? Any updates? Have two deluxes on order with them, not received any "incoming batch" updates or invoices. I guess they will be coming soon!
Ordered my second Deluxe from them. No news yet. As i said earlier, my TBA order shipped way earlier than usual. They may be cashing on their first batch unsold stock. Not expecting any news on KG front for another four to six weeks to be honest.

Got him this afternoon.

The pictures and videos don't give him justice, its a pretty spectacular figure and it makes the Sideshow 501st Deluxe from 2014 look like a cheap Hasbro figure. Sometime this weekend, I'll snap a photo of him next to the Sideshow one.

My only problem is that Sideshow didn't send me both my figures at the same time lol.

I ordered one Deluxe and one Regular from Sideshow. I got the Regular Trooper in today, still waiting on my Deluxe to ship. It is a spectacular Trooper. The build quality is top notch, and I love the proportions. I have the Hot Toys Cody also and I love that figure. But you can tell hot toys improved the body/proportions on this Trooper over Cody. Cody is a little slimmer and not as easy to pose. Can't wait to get my Deluxe, as well as the Guard Trooper and Captain Rex.

Got him this afternoon.

The pictures and videos don't give him justice, its a pretty spectacular figure and it makes the Sideshow 501st Deluxe from 2014 look like a cheap Hasbro figure. Sometime this weekend, I'll snap a photo of him next to the Sideshow one.

My only problem is that Sideshow didn't send me both my figures at the same time lol.
Nice, i got 3 Regulars incoming real soon, very excited with the prospect displaying them with Sith Anakin.

I ordered one Deluxe and one Regular from Sideshow. I got the Regular Trooper in today, still waiting on my Deluxe to ship. It is a spectacular Trooper. The build quality is top notch, and I love the proportions. I have the Hot Toys Cody also and I love that figure. But you can tell hot toys improved the body/proportions on this Trooper over Cody. Cody is a little slimmer and not as easy to pose. Can't wait to get my Deluxe, as well as the Guard Trooper and Captain Rex.

I love the Cody we got earlier this year, has great shelf presence but I agree, Hot Toys completely improved the sculpt for the troopers after Cody.

Helps that there is no switch arm for the hologram batteries either.

Got him this afternoon.

Definitely snap a pic with the ss one. I still have one so I’m interested to see how they look together. Thanks

Back