1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hilarious ! His hands were shaking uncontrollably !!

Why the hell don't they swap jobs ? Terry was the Poser guy right !
Yeah. They should just send him the figures to unbox and film at his home.

Watching these as it is now just makes me feel bad for the figure.

Granted, this did generate some amusement because I can’t stop laughing at the sounds of the DC-15A carbine stock flying off.

Trying not to laugh every time the blaster reappeared with the piece missing was difficult.

Relatively speaking, I think it’s a very small number of collectors that buy a lot of the same trooper per release.

1-2 Troopers - Most collectors.
3-4 Troopers - Handful of collectors.
5-6 Troopers - Only a few collectors.
6+ Troopers - Tiny number of collectors.

Apologies for the unscientific units of measurement.

I don’t think there’ll ever be an overabundance of any Clones on the market because they won’t be overproduced. And Hot Toys has been doing a good job of spacing out releases unlike Sideshow.

Plus people will probably be less inclined to let them go by choice. Clones are a little more of a specialized market within Star Wars. A more casual or fair-weather fan or collector might see a Hot Toys Vader, Fett, Mando, or Stormtrooper and decide to splurge on it, and maybe sell it off later when something else comes along.

But someone buying expensive Clone figures is probably a bit more than a casual fan who may have unironically shouted FOR THE REPUBLIC while grocery shopping.

Get as many as you want to have now because it’s going to be painful later.

Every time I have bought desirable troopers on the lower end of the quantity I wanted I have regretted it. Five of these grunt 501st it is. I'm done with grunt clones forever. Only commanders or ARCs could tempt me now.

Only ANH Stormtroopers I bought more than two of. If I didn’t collect anything else I would’ve got at least 50 of them.

I regret not buying about 50 of the Han stormtrooper now. You could probably get over half of the cost back just selling the sculpt.
I’ve been debating selling my Han Stormtrooper for some time now but it’s a pretty unique figure so I’m torn.

Did you end up watching the video?

As predicted. Check these timestamps:

24:15

39:40

@SOU7567 @endo1 @Hoody999 We should take bets next time on how many things break or fall off.

lmao yes, it was terrible but I loved every second of it.

He is like the last person that should be doing these reviews. His Grievous unsealed was a disaster a few weeks back.

I love it when he tries to hide that he’s broken something

the piece on the rifle going flying was great lol

They're doing Thor Endgame next week and that figure has very little articulation, I can only imagine what will go wrong.

Who is going to get the unsealed and revealed figure in the mail in a few weeks? Someone is going to get a figure without the shipper, but with broken parts and be pretty upset.
sideshow says that they don’t sell returned figures, but my Cody was a definite return. They sent me a new one when I complained, but now I’m always worried.

Relatively speaking, I think it’s a very small number of collectors that buy a lot of the same trooper per release.

1-2 Troopers - Most collectors.
3-4 Troopers - Handful of collectors.
5-6 Troopers - Only a few collectors.
6+ Troopers - Tiny number of collectors.

Apologies for the unscientific units of measurement.
Yeah, I definitely fall into the category of one Trooper per type. The only semi exceptions are standard Storm Troopers, but even then the versions I have are technically different (one single ANH Trooper, Luke and Han in Trooper disguise, and one ROTJ Trooper).

I kind of regret not buying two Royal Guards. Most likely I’ll get one 501st. I might get two Coruscant Guards.

the piece on the rifle going flying was great lol

They're doing Thor Endgame next week and that figure has very little articulation, I can only imagine what will go wrong.
I just can’t get over that part. Didn’t even look for it, or maybe he didn’t realize.

Also Terry’s ._. face when the foot and leg armor just slide off.

Yeah, I definitely fall into the category of one Trooper per type. The only semi exceptions are standard Storm Troopers, but even then the versions I have are technically different (one single ANH Trooper, Luke and Han in Trooper disguise, and one ROTJ Trooper).

I kind of regret not buying two Royal Guards. Most likely I’ll get one 501st. I might get two Coruscant Guards.
Having one of each is smart, because you just tell yourself repeatedly hey you only have one per trooper so don’t buy more.

As long as buying two Coruscant Guards doesn’t break that disciplined approach and open up a can of worms for you, go for it.

Who is going to get the unsealed and revealed figure in the mail in a few weeks? Someone is going to get a figure without the shipper, but with broken parts and be pretty upset.
sideshow says that they don’t sell returned figures, but my Cody was a definite return. They sent me a new one when I complained, but now I’m always worried.
I was going to make that joke but decided against it because it felt too real.

Still glad they took care of you on that. I’m the same after the Yoda I got. I only buy from them if I really have to currently.

I just can’t get over that part. Didn’t even look for it, or maybe he didn’t realize.

Also Terry’s ._. face when the foot and leg armor just slide off.

He definitely noticed, just pretended not to lol. No way did he miss that piece flinging away and the little noise it made lol.

On a better note, my order status is saying shipped on Sideshow, hopefully have it sometime late next week.

He definitely noticed, just pretended not to lol. No way did he miss that piece flinging away and the little noise it made lol.

On a better note, my order status is saying shipped on Sideshow, hopefully have it sometime late next week.
Sometimes I want to give the benefit of the doubt and say there’s an element of obliviousness to it, because I feel a little bad when his hands are shaking like he’s making a martini.

But yeah, the funniest part is always playing off like nothing happened.

I can’t stop laughing about the little clattering sound.

Honestly I think 2 troopers is the way to go. They always look best in pairs and it allows you to flank other figures as well.

Since it's more than likely we'll be getting more Clone legions, I think 2 of each is the sweet spot!

Also that unsealed and revealed was horrific 🤣 They really need to get someone who's more delicate with these figs!

Back