1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I think 2 troopers is the way to go. They always look best in pairs and it allows you to flank other figures as well.
As my mouse hovers over the "Place Order" button, a Jetpackin' Phase 2 with Rex and a Order 66'd one about to blast Ahsoka do sound pretty sweet.

Relatively speaking, I think it’s a very small number of collectors that buy a lot of the same trooper per release.

1-2 Troopers - Most collectors.
3-4 Troopers - Handful of collectors.
5-6 Troopers - Only a few collectors.
6+ Troopers - Tiny number of collectors.

Apologies for the unscientific units of measurement.

I don’t think there’ll ever be an overabundance of any Clones on the market because they won’t be overproduced. And Hot Toys has been doing a good job of spacing out releases unlike Sideshow.

Plus people will probably be less inclined to let them go by choice. Clones are a little more of a specialized market within Star Wars. A more casual or fair-weather fan or collector might see a Hot Toys Vader, Fett, Mando, or Stormtrooper and decide to splurge on it, and maybe sell it off later when something else comes along.

But someone buying expensive Clone figures is probably a bit more than a casual fan who may have unironically shouted FOR THE REPUBLIC while grocery shopping.

Get as many as you want to have now because it’s going to be painful later.
Does 12 Get me like a special badge or something lol. Seriously tho, the 501st deluxe have so many posing options. I would highly recommend not skipping them if you're on the fence

Does 12 Get me like a special badge or something lol. Seriously tho, the 501st deluxe have so many posing options. I would highly recommend not skipping them if you're on the fence
As long as you're planning an Order 66/Jedi Temple display involving Dark Side Anakin being flanked by most of those 12, I'd say that's a badge well earned.

As much as I want this it kind of turns me off when I have it in my cart and the total comes out to like $280 through Sideshow. It’s high for a Clone, and they’re basically the only place who looks to have it in stock.

I wish I had secured my order with Alter Ego or someplace else earlier on.

As much as I want this it kind of turns me off when I have it in my cart and the total comes out to like $280 through Sideshow. It’s high for a Clone, and they’re basically the only place who looks to have it in stock.

I wish I had secured my order with Alter Ego or someplace else earlier on.
It still shows preorder on my end but I know they started shipping on Friday fir the first batch. I got my second on order through Alter Ego.

It still shows preorder on my end but I know they started shipping on Friday fir the first batch. I got my second on order through Alter Ego.
I looked recently on various sites. Alter Ego, BBTS, and Timewalker are sold out of the deluxe (think Timewalker has the regular). Between the tax and shipping though it gets to be pricey. I don’t always mind, but for just a simple Trooper it kinda makes me hesitate to pay that much.

I looked recently on various sites. Alter Ego, BBTS, and Timewalker are sold out of the deluxe (think Timewalker has the regular). Between the tax and shipping though it gets to be pricey. I don’t always mind, but for just a simple Trooper it kinda makes me hesitate to pay that much.
Which of the Deluxe version accessories were you most keen on?

I usually advocate getting the Deluxe, but you do bring up a good point. It's technically just a $30 difference on paper, but being able to buy the standard elsewhere would probably increase that price difference versus buying the Deluxe at Sideshow.

If someone out there absolutely didn't need the Deluxe accessories, $440 for two Standard at Timewalker (free shipping over $350) sounds better than almost $300 for one Deluxe from Sideshow.

Which of the Deluxe version accessories were you most keen on?

I usually advocate getting the Deluxe, but you do bring up a good point. It's technically just a $30 difference on paper, but being able to buy the standard elsewhere would probably increase that price difference versus buying the Deluxe at Sideshow.

If someone out there absolutely didn't need the Deluxe accessories, $440 for two Standard at Timewalker (free shipping over $350) sounds better than almost $300 for one Deluxe from Sideshow.
The main things I would want from the deluxe are the backpack and the rotar blaster cannon. I don’t really care about the alternate helmets.

Also I noticed that the Coruscant Guard is sold out most places besides Sideshow now too. I just looked on Alter Ego a couple weeks ago, but they must have received some orders after reviews started to hit.

The main things I would want from the deluxe are the backpack and the rotar blaster cannon. I don’t really care about the alternate helmets.

Also I noticed that the Coruscant Guard is sold out most places besides Sideshow now too. I just looked on Alter Ego a couple weeks ago, but they must have received some orders after reviews started to hit.
You could get the Deluxe, keep the alternate helmets new in the box, and sell them off later. You'll more than recuperate the cost.

Or by then you might end up keeping them, having long forgotten about how much the Deluxe set you back.

You could get the Deluxe, keep the alternate helmets new in the box, and sell them off later. You'll more than recuperate the cost.

Or by then you might end up keeping them, having long forgotten about how much the Deluxe set you back.
Yeah, my ocd wouldn’t let me part out items. I don’t like when things feel incomplete even if it’s something I’m not really using.

I went for 2 deluxe versions

But in hindsight, could of went for one of each version

Attachments

• IMG_2793.jpg
    IMG_2793.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 62
Plus if you ever want to move on from the figure, missing pieces take a lot off the price.
Yep, it's true and for this reason I don't normally advocate selling off parts or trashing the boxes even if you don't intend to sell the figure.

But people are paying crazy prices for the accessories that come with this one, even now, so it would well offset that if someone wanted to.

Yep, it's true and for this reason I don't normally advocate selling off parts or trashing the boxes even if you don't intend to sell the figure.

But people are paying crazy prices for the accessories that come with this one, even now, so it would well offset that if someone wanted to.

I don't ever part out figures but I could see some doing it here because this figure comes with so much stuff that people would pay up for. Once it sells out I bet just one helmet or backpack would go for the $30 difference.

I just got mine--wow this guy is really solid! So many accessories and combinations--I had not really thought about how I want to set him up. I want another one immediately!

Back