1/6 Hot Toys - The Clone Wars: Coruscant Guard Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to be honest I think these look better in-hand than the 501st. Better weathering, more eye-catching design, and pose better (for some reason). The electrostaff is a very nice weapon. The 501st beats these hands down for accessories, but I found myself leaving most of those accessories in the box. They’re already up there with the Shoretrooper and Patrol Trooper for my favourite Hot Toys trooper.

Agreed, this one will pop out on the shelf more as well.

Hoping they put out Fox one of these days to lead these guys. Easy repaint and money for them.

Finally pulled this out of the box and spent some time cleaning it up a bit. I really thought HTs over weathered these. Think I will order a second one now that I know how it looks cleaned up.
CC1497E8-65B0-45DA-9885-C581E1333E6F.jpeg

So anyone that still has the SSC Clones...how do these Hot toys Clone compare bodywise?
I had all the SSC Clones and the bodies were loose as.
Arms couldn't stay up etc.

I do hope HT turn to make a Grey Coruscant Clone that were seen on the Landing Pad in ROTS when Obi Wan,Yoda and Mace flew off into the City in a Rep Gunship.
1 of my fav coloured Clone troopers.

So anyone that still has the SSC Clones...how do these Hot toys Clone compare bodywise?
I had all the SSC Clones and the bodies were loose as.
Arms couldn't stay up etc.

I do hope HT turn to make a Grey Coruscant Clone that were seen on the Landing Pad in ROTS when Obi Wan,Yoda and Mace flew off into the City in a Rep Gunship.
1 of my fav coloured Clone troopers.

As someone who still have a few of the Sideshow clones, HT is 10x better, the bodies are not a sloppy mess like the sideshow ones. I can barely pose my Arc Troopers, Echo and Fives nowadays.

These HT bodies will do any pose you want them to do, they really did a great job with them. Their arms will stay up, you can have them hunched or crouched etc etc. I highly recommend the HT clones.

I’d like to know this too. I have no problem with the weathering but I’d like to remove a few spots so that two together don’t look like carbon copies.

I remember when lots of people were cleaning up the weathering on the old Sideshow R2 they were using diluted alcohol I think. I'm too lazy to go digging through that thread. I can't remember exactly, and it goes without saying to be careful when doing such things.

I remember when lots of people were cleaning up the weathering on the old Sideshow R2 they were using diluted alcohol I think. I'm too lazy to go digging through that thread. I can't remember exactly, and it goes without saying to be careful when doing such things.

That sounds vaguely familiar. It scares me to do something like that but I’d like to try it to at least get rid of that one helmet scuff on one of them.

This did start as a project to remove that one mark on the helmet they all have. I originally worked around all the paint, but there was too much weathering left over the red, had to redo it. I just don’t understand the heavy weathering, the 501st were weathered less and look good, they’re planet hopping and actually fighting battles. These troops were grown on Coruscant and basically filled in for the cops, should have been way lighter.

This did start as a project to remove that one mark on the helmet they all have. I originally worked around all the paint, but there was too much weathering left over the red, had to redo it. I just don’t understand the heavy weathering, the 501st were weathered less and look good, they’re planet hopping and actually fighting battles. These troops were grown on Coruscant and basically filled in for the cops, should have been way lighter.
Maybe they fell down a few times on Mustafar while following Palps to his castle. That’s what I’ll be telling myself.

I really thought HTs over weathered these.
I brought this up earlier in this thread, but Hot Toys copied some of the distinctive weathering marks from the Episode III model onto this figure.

The distinctive (and annoying for army builders) large helmet mark is even repeated in the film when the multiple Coruscant Guard are on screen together since the model is reused.

B4DDECFC-EFC7-4015-B0A6-E6A93BD53515.jpeg

Which is odd because the figure is branded under The Clone Wars and the chest armor is the animated model and missing the two lines sculpted into the sides

No idea if that’s due to the license or if it was their idea.

You did a good job removing the weathering. I think most people won’t be as brave.

Someone could probably put a bit of acrylic model paint over the helmet mark and call it a day, even if it’s not perfect.

Last edited:
I started with the alcohol, but switch to #1000 grit sandpaper and sanded the whole thing down. Leaving very little weathering behind, paint matched and repainted all the red. Lengthy process.
Sounds good.

For others who are hesitant. Typical model painting practice is to paint, then seal with a clear lacquer (which is resistant to alcohol). Then do weathering on top of the lacquer.

Question is of course if HT follows this procedure. Seems like they probably do if you managed to remove the weathering without any major removal of the base colouring.

They could of course also do a final matt clear coat to protect it all. Which could be the case considering you needed to get out the sandpaper.

As much as I like my 501st…having this Coruscant guard (got delivered today) I must say I like it a lot better. Ordering a second for sure now.
Figure I’ll stick with one 501st deluxe for now since I’ll have Rex to go with it.

Attachments

• B148FD50-EE14-45DC-858D-BD1640FE7803.jpeg
    B148FD50-EE14-45DC-858D-BD1640FE7803.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 47
Back