Hot Toys- Terminator 2: Sarah Connor full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pictures tyler, I'm currently waiting to get mine replaced, the left arm was broken so she's on her way back to Sideshow, I look forward to getting it back though, really had no time to appreciate what was done right on her and noticed more what I didn't like.

Thanks guy's.

One thing I tried this evening on the hat is to turn it inside out and cut out the reinforcing that is stuck to the front section. I cut it so that it is still left in the peek to hold its shape. I also removed some of the excess trim around the seams. It now looks like a baseball cap instead of a Russian hat as the front deforms more to follow the curve of the head. I'll take a photo after work tomorrow and put it up here so others can decide if they want to try it.

I will do this to mine if it looks a lot better.

Did you cut the shoulder straps down a bit?, they are not hanging out anymore.

Here's my Sarah and her friend!!

Photo0426_EDIT.jpg

Photo0420_EDIT.jpg

Here's my Sarah and her friend!!

Photo0426_EDIT.jpg

Decent pics - but please remember to move Sarah's shotgun slide out. HT packaged it with the in position and I see some pics with it left in. C'mon, you guys know the old familiar pump/click of a shotgun from all the action movies you watch...

Decent pics - but please remember to move Sarah's shotgun slide out. HT packaged it with the in position and I see some pics with it left in. C'mon, you guys know the old familiar pump/click of a shotgun from all the action movies you watch...

If you told me to do that, I'm come through the screen and pump & click you! :wave

:lol I'd appreciate that!

Really though, what do you think of the possibility of the arms and the quality of the hands? Michael Crawford's review made the arm articulation look better than I've seen so far in this thread but the hands seem to have that soft look where the weapons look as if they're falling out of the hands instead of the hands holding the weapons.... if that makes sense.

For me there is not enough articulation in the arms. There is minimal left to right movement at the shoulders, but nowhere else on the arms. I think it would be impossible to have her holding the assault riffle or shotgun as if she is aiming to fire without causing damage to something. The hands are soft and they are small. My one can only hold the pistol with ease. The other guns are a bit of an effort in my oppinion.

Nice pictures tyler, I'm currently waiting to get mine replaced, the left arm was broken so she's on her way back to Sideshow, I look forward to getting it back though, really had no time to appreciate what was done right on her and noticed more what I didn't like.

Thanks. Sorry to hear that. At least Sideshow are good with their returns policy. Good luck with the replacement.

I have never recieved a damaged figure, but I have been known to break a leg or arm within a couple of hours of recieving one. My Alien Big Chap has a broken elbow that I may try to fix sometime myself.

I will do this to mine if it looks a lot better.

Did you cut the shoulder straps down a bit?, they are not hanging out anymore.

Yes I did. It probably is not screen accurate, but I hate seeing what looks like way to much slack on straps etc, so I normaly cut off what I think is distracting.

Here are a couple of pics of hat with the support/strengthening piece cut out of front. It either looks better or I am imagining it to justify to myself it was worth it. I can't tell now as I did not take a before photo to show the difference.

SarahConnor04.jpg

SarahConnor05.jpg

Yes I did. It probably is not screen accurate, but I hate seeing what looks like way to much slack on straps etc, so I normaly cut off what I think is distracting.

Here are a couple of pics of hat with the support/strengthening piece cut out of front. It either looks better or I am imagining it to justify to myself it was worth it. I can't tell now as I did not take a before photo to show the difference.

SarahConnor04.jpg

SarahConnor05.jpg

I do believe it looks better and all you did was cut some of the excess from the inside of the hat?

I do believe it looks better and all you did was cut some of the excess from the inside of the hat?

The strengthening piece of plastic that makes the peek ridgid also runs up the front section of the hat. It is glued in, but it is a week glue so I pulled it away from the material. I then cut it at the rim so that the peek is still supported by what is left of the plastic after the excess is cut out. The front of the hat is more flexable now to follow the curve of the head instead of fighting against it.

I then snipped away at some of the exess material inside the hat as close to the stitching as I thought was safe by turning the hat inside out. I felt that this would allow the single layer of material that was left to sit closer to the head and hopefully look better.

Looks much better Tyler..... And I wish I read your reply earlier... I pulled the trigger on her last night. Might not keep her now with the T-1000 version pre-ordered this morning.

Looks much better Tyler..... And I wish I read your reply earlier... I pulled the trigger on her last night. Might not keep her now with the T-1000 version pre-ordered this morning.
I will trade you for a few tips on how to post on here like me, think about it, you'll no longer have a figure you don't want and will be all set for legendary status on here :exactly::goodpost:

Tyler, is the arm articulation similar to the T-800 where it is limited to a 90 degree flexion of the elbow?

Back