Hot Toys- Terminator 2: Sarah Connor full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never thought i'd say this (and I hope they are reading this specific post) but Hot Toys is really ____ing pissing me off lately. Its bad enough I went from spending $5000 in 2008 to less than $1000 with 2009 and 2010 combined, they are starting to make dumb mistakes/choices.

Milking lines and laughing at people may work on the newbie collector but not on most members here.

Good luck HT's.

If this is indeed a 300 piece exclusive then I have no use for my current preorder. No use knowing this is out there.

relax guys, judging from past limited convention stuffs, HT normally put a limited of 300 etc. But will be spread around at other conventions as well. 300 here, 300 there, another 300 some where else. No one is keeping counts on these.

Just like the gunmetal iron man, T600 concept etc that was supposed to be a convention exclusive. These can be found easily on ebay.

relax guys, judging from past limited convention stuffs, HT normally put a limited of 300 etc. But will be spread around at other conventions as well.

Just like the gunmetal iron man, T600 concept etc that was supposed to be a convention exclusive. These can be found easily on ebay.

Still you shouldn't have to buy the right figure twice.

If past HT convention exclusives are any indication, they will probably allocate a few hundred of these to Sideshow.

exactly.

I wouldnt worry too much bout this. Besides, Im not that big of a fan of T2 or Predators anyway. If its Iron man then thats a different story:panic::lol

Wow, never would have thought they'd milk Sarah.

Milk Sarah....:yess::rotfl

It's actually kind of ____ed up, the head that SHOULD come with this MMS119 figure is coming in a super limited set, they really screwed people with this.

I thought Hot Toys was done doing that kind of _____, but sure enough, here they go again. Just like this other limited piece.

Another lost predator.... in P2?....

@ Hot Toys Tokyo International Toyfair 2010 ...limited to 500.

ap_20100522102552479.jpg

source..
https://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-128300-1-1.html

The caption under the Sarah photo in the ToysDaily link says it's a limited edition of 5300. Gort is limited to 300. Not sure if those are accurate.

The caption under the Sarah photo in the ToysDaily link says it's a limited edition of 5300. Gort is limited to 300. Not sure if those are accurate.

Well, Gort was stated as 500.... Sarah was stated as 5300, but it must be a mistype... so Sarah could be either 500 or 300 (or another figure).. unless someone got the text accompanying the pics in the magazine.

T-1000 as Sarah Connor.... or Linda Hamilton's twin sister as T-1000 imitating Sarah Connor.

limited to 300... @Hot Toys Tokyo International Toyfair 2010

Actually I think it's Sarah Connor with the option to dress her as T-1000 with the customised boot feet and a hole in the gut options.. 2 Sarah Connor(s) would be nice (in one package)

ap_20100522102603224.jpg

source...

Bought. :panic:

Looks amazing. Sincerely hope that T1000 is a figure too, but 99% sure just a film shot.

Sorry guys, but that looks more like HT did the wrong Linda. That looks like Linda Blair aka Regan from Exorcist, not Linda Hamilton. :lol

linda4.jpg

:lol that was exactly my first thought as well. but the real hair and expression should be on MMS119.

i think i may just go down to the HT offices, drop my pants in the lobby, and present my bumhole. it'll make it easier for them and i'd rather be in control of this continued shafting. same old ____ty HT tactics again.

T-1000 as Sarah Connor.... or Linda Hamilton's twin sister as T-1000 imitating Sarah Connor.

limited to 300... @Hot Toys Tokyo International Toyfair 2010

Actually I think it's Sarah Connor with the option to dress her as T-1000 with the customised boot feet and a hole in the gut options.. 2 Sarah Connor(s) would be nice (in one package)

ap_20100522102603224.jpg

source...

WANT. :monkey2

i'm not really interested in the figure itself, but the head (with a little tweaking) might have been cool. i like the metal grate stand this should come with too. nice touch.

that predator on the other hand! i think i'd rather spend my money on that. at least it's a new character.

That's the head they should have given us in the first place with a switch-out pony-tail sculpt. What was Hot Toys thinking? :huh

They were thinking, hey, make essentially the same figure twice, with slight variations that included pieces to make the figure everyone wants over two figures instead of just putting it all in one, and then you can sell two figures almost for the effort of making 1. It's a bit like NECA's recycling practices.

HT teaches us once again:

Never buy the first one.

Not really, if you want the best T2 Sarah from HT, you have to buy both, neither one of these figures as stand alones are really good representations, the head from this latest with the body and gear from the current MMS119 are the most encompassing representation of T2 Sarah.

I will say this though, if they've gone the effort in making 2 Sarah's that'll only mean we should see more than one T-1000. :yess:

Either that or a very inclusive DX release, either way, my confidence in getting all the possible pieces to represent T-1000's various looks is greatly increased.

Now, I still embrace that he's a huge long shot, but, to do 2 Sarahs, surely at least 2 T-800s, at least 1 T-1000 and no John Connor would suck, but, I still expect that's what'll happen.

Now, I still embrace that he's a huge long shot, but, to do 2 Sarahs, surely at least 2 T-800s, at least 1 T-1000 and no John Connor would suck, but, I still expect that's what'll happen.

Like I said, now that they've gone and made a 2nd Sarah (Not bashing you HT's for doing it, just make it make sense) more than 1 T-1000 and even a young John look good.

I know this is a slim chance, but maybe HT are including this new head with the current Sarah? Making the exclusive less special, but still exclusive with the boots and bullet hole.

I'm not seeing it that way.

Agreed, HT knows full well after the v1 and BR Joker, if you pack something peoplel really want for a figure they already have with a new figure, you increase the likelihood of selling the second figure.

While I'm sure some people would buy this new Sarah regardless of the hair down head coming with the first release, but, by not including it and making the new figure the only way to get that head, it's almost guaranteed to be sold out and heavily wait listed.

Goes to show, HT didn't cop out of doing the head that best represents her for the film, they just planned for it to be used on another figure. I really didn't see this coming, with T-800 or T-1000 I could, but I really never saw 2 Sarahs happening, even if one is super limited.

The best thing about this release is the love for the film they're demonstrating, I'm glad at least one film HT's taken on that I really care about is getting the same kind of love and variation of figures that I'd put into it if it were my call.

Not sure how they'd execute it, but I could almost see HT trying an all liquid metal version of T-1000.

Back