Hot Toys- Terminator 2: Sarah Connor full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my take on this.

HT messed up Sarah V1 with that Cabbage Patch hair sculpt and met with a firestorm of criticism while they were perfecting real hair apps. Sarah 1 did not sell through well in pre orders.

HT put out Proto Pics for IM2 Black Widow Scarlett, etc with their new hair apps generating buzz.

HT went back to redeeming themselves w Sarah by putting this out.

Here's what they should have done. Reworked the V1 Sarah with real hair pony Tail head and included a long hair version.

Then release this T 1000 Sarah as the Toyfair EX.

That's what they should have done. They F'd up Big time IMO. I don't like the V1 but I thought the face sculpt was good and I don't like the Linda B HS on this. So, instead of doing it right with what they had, they milked the market and ended up with the worst of two worlds.

@Roy :lol

Seriously though, I have had a hunch it will be for a while now. It needs a DX treatment straight of the bat.

Then I think just a standard MMS release BD T800, then HOPEFULLY Lil' John. Then some T1 figures please.

Oooooh, almost 7,000 posts! ...and people say I'm wasting my life...

Doubt it, HT's smart enough to know that doing pontail Sarah all along was wrong, especially where it basically just duplicates the Sideshow figure but for the shotgun. I think they planned this all along.

Seriously though, I have had a hunch it will be for a while now. It needs a DX treatment straight of the bat.

I think Roy's more on, like the T-800, if HT were to offer every little extra head and accessory you could give T-1000, it'd be too much for even a single DX set, I could see an MMS and DX release for T-1000, especially now. I think chances of regular head, split head, eye shot out head and helmet head are pretty good now, and no way they'd do 4 heads in one set or even 3, so pack 2 heads with one set, 2 with the other, and to screw with people, they'll mix the heads so one of the two that comes with a single figure will be wrong for that costume so you'll need both to have all the proper heads and gear you want.

While other than John, I think this line will give us everything T2 we could want, I do think it's also going to be frustrating for many as the die hard T2 fans that want specific looks for their figures will be buying every figure, even if they really don't want to, just to get the pieces they need for the figure they do want.

Either way you look at it, this line (and hope to GOD a T1 line) will be milked. I just needed it to sink in some, although somewhat pissed about Sarah, they listened to us didn't they?

I suppose nobody is twisting my arm in buying both Sarah's .............. still if it ends up being DAMN hard to find (real hair Sarah) I will be pissed all over again.

This is the most important line in all of my collecting.

I'm not counting on the T1 line being so thorough, only because the likeness rights situation, I'll actually consider myself lucky if they make a Police Station/BD T-800 and '84 Reese from T1, anything on top of that is just bonus, I'm all for them milking it, I just don't know if they'll be willing or able to do it with that film, T2 can be milked all day long as much as they want.

:( Why you laughin at me? :nana:

I'm not counting on the T1 line being so thorough, only because the likeness rights situation, I'll actually consider myself lucky if they make a Police Station/BD T-800 and '84 Reese from T1, anything on top of that is just bonus, I'm all for them milking it, I just don't know if they'll be willing or able to do it with that film, T2 can be milked all day long as much as they want.

This is a good point ............... you never know, they could just pump out two AMAZING DX's and call it a day. While doing so, they could load up both releases with true 2 in 1 pieces. T-800 and Reese. I'd be cool with that.

I could live with that, and wouldn't mind spending the extra. I'm just mainly after Police/BD T-800 and '84 Reese, I'd certainly consider others, I just have no representation of T1 in my collection at all and if I could only have 2, those would be the ones for me, so as far as T1, I'm just aiming for my minimum. Since I've got so much T2 coverage, my ambitions there are a bit grander, plus I do like it more.

Depending on what the actors likeness will cost HT's they should do the following DX 2 in 1's:

T-800

Tech Noir w/pers
Police Station w/gargoyles and lit eye

Kyle Reese

1984 Reese w/pers
Tech Comm

Both releases require a 2nd body to purchase.

Simple enough imo. They could even release an Endo w/pers/ lit eyes and then include a 2nd with dismembered body. The accessories could be a squashed skull, a leg, an arm, etc, etc.

If Sideshow offers this, I could see causing some server issues with people fighting to place an order. At least this is a cool variant, better than the Clubber Lang in my book, do a Rocky line with only 1 Rocky (at that time) but two of one of his lesser opponents, that was smart.

I really want a BD portrait for T-800 in T1, while a true BD would have costuming damage too, I'd be happy to just get the portrait and do some customizing. The eye cutout alone isn't enough for me, I want the full BD, though I also want the eye only.

I really want a BD portrait for T-800 in T1, while a true BD would have costuming damage too, I'd be happy to just get the portrait and do some customizing. The eye cutout alone isn't enough for me, I want the full BD, though I also want the eye only.

I have my DA custom if they choose not to make it .............

IMG_3348.jpg

:( Why you laughin at me? :nana:

I thought you were joking around saying we would need an MMS T1000 before a DX, like most people consider it a precedent.

But, further to Sean's post, I think you may be right. Ah well, may as well just give HT my bank account details now and they can just take out money as and when they want.

I thought you were joking around saying we would need an MMS T1000 before a DX, like most people consider it a precedent.

Ah, I see. :nana:

Thankfully at the moment, Terminator is the only line getting money from me with HT.

Exact same for me. There was a time when i'd buy many things because they looked good. Those days are over.

Back