Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why make a new figure when you can just keep reissuing 7-10 year old figures with a brand new price for people to eat up.
I hope your wrong, im
Hoping hot toys still has enough integrity to not just bring straight re release of a figure, especially a nearly decade old one at that.
All the figure needs is some little tweaks to step it up a little like the gauntlets properly covering the gloves, new headsculpt & the suit material has kinda shown it’s age too on the original

I hope your wrong, im
Hoping hot toys still has enough integrity to not just bring straight re release of a figure, especially a nearly decade old one at that.
All the figure needs is some little tweaks to step it up a little like the gauntlets properly covering the gloves, new headsculpt & the suit material has kinda shown it’s age too on the original
I'm gonna assume you haven't seen the abomination that is the Batman Begins reissue figure that they're selling. Reselling a 10 year old figure with zero improvements besides slapping the boots and belt from the DX12 onto the figure and repainting the sculpt. Instead of rescaling and using the improved sculpt + molds that they have for the QS 1/4 Batman Begins figure, they just resell a 10+ year old figure and call it a day.

You expect too much from Hot Toys.

166548859_10157923222897344_8397013445529024354_n.jpg
167401190_3841625552600436_7791466790867729571_n.jpg
(This is an actual sculpt that's included with this figure..)

1/4 QS Batman Begins:

vv9hxwX.png

Missed out on the original so glad for the reissue.
Yea not gonna lie. While sort of bummed at first of the thought of a reissue. Now that I’ve mulled it over, I sort of want it, and it’s making me also look for a 1/4 Joker and the 1/4 Begins figure. I’m really just torn about which scale to go with. Either go into 1/4 with those 3, or go into 1/6 and end up with the entire line up 🤔 OR stick with the idea of the Prime1 1/3 TDK Joker. My problem is, I’ve had the whole 1/6 lineup before and I really don’t want to keep on upgrading over and over.

Last edited:
Yea not gonna lie. While sort of bummed at first of the thought of a reissue. Now that I’ve mulled it over, I sort of want it, and it’s making me also look for a 1/4 Joker and the 1/4 Begins figure. I’m really just torn about which scale to go with. Either go into 1/4 with those 3, or go into 1/6 and end up with the entire line up 🤔 OR stick with the idea of the Prime1 1/3 TDK Joker. My problem is, I’ve had the whole 1/6 lineup before and I really don’t want to keep on upgrading over and over.

Want my honest opinion? Skip the joker and begins figures. They’re really not that great.

Joker has a sub par sculpt. Batman has literally NO articulation and the sculpts for bale and the face plates aren’t the greatest...and seriously, no moveable eyes when you pretty much perfected it with TDKR QS batman?? The begins figure was a huge step back in every category.

I’d suggest going for the 1/3 TDK joker.

The only 1/4 figures I feel are much better purchases are TDKR batman, iron man, boba fett and Darth vader.

Seriously, skip the joker and begins batman. You’re really not missing out. I regret getting them.

Want my honest opinion? Skip the joker and begins figures. They’re really not that great.

Joker has a sub par sculpt. Batman has literally NO articulation and the sculpts for bale and the face plates aren’t the greatest...and seriously, no moveable eyes when you pretty much perfected it with TDKR QS batman?? The begins figure was a huge step back in every category.

I’d suggest going for the 1/3 TDK joker.

The only 1/4 figures I feel are much better purchases are TDKR batman, iron man, boba fett and Darth vader.

Seriously, skip the joker and begins batman. You’re really not missing out. I regret getting them.
Thanks for the honest opinion! You're probably right. I had the Enterbay 1/4 Batman at one time, but was so afraid of stressing the suit that he just stood there so I eventually sold it. Thanks, that was the slap in the face, come to your senses I needed :lol

A reissue with an added base perhaps? :panic:

I have this glorious 1/4 TDKR Batman, but if they offer the reissue with a new base (per the teaser), I wouldn't resist and may have to nab it.

At the very least I hope they fix the cowl. It's the one thing that really detracts from the original. Just too long and narrow.

Fix that, make him a bit taller and give him a base without those dumb rocks and you have an almost perfect figure.

Still surprised it's only the Nolan verse figures that have been done in 1/4 scale so far. Keaton Bats, Reeve Superman as well as Batfleck, Cavill and Gadot trinity would all be hugely popular.

At the very least I hope they fix the cowl. It's the one thing that really detracts from the original. Just too long and narrow.

Fix that, make him a bit taller and give him a base without those dumb rocks and you have an almost perfect figure.

Still surprised it's only the Nolan verse figures that have been done in 1/4 scale so far. Keaton Bats, Reeve Superman as well as Batfleck, Cavill and Gadot trinity would all be hugely popular.

It seems HT don't dab into the 1/4 scale very often, but yeah those figures in quarter scale would be the pinnacle. I'd defs be interested in a 1/6 Reeve Superman. It seems a bit strange they didn't produce any of the Avengers (other than IM and Spidey) in 1/4.

Hot Toys finally does Ra's and his head is stuck in a base.

For that to happen must mean they got Liam's rights though right? Surely they can make a sixth scale figure at some point.

Considering that they keep returning to the Nolan trilogy all these years later - and considering the other characters they did make like Alfred, Gordon and John Blake - the continued lack of Ra's and a Cillian Murphy sculpt for Scarecrow is a major wtf from Hot Toys.

This is the 2nd 1/4 for that version of the Bale suit. I'd love to ask Howard whether or not HT is responding to demand or if they're just outta touch at this point.

Back