Hot Toys--TDK-1/6th The JOKER (Bank Robber version) full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyhow, it could have something to do with the recent death of Ledger. In February there were rumors that the Joker would not be used anymore to promote this movie. It could be something like that. Because, since the first full trailer we have enough images to have a good idea of how he was going to look in the final movie. I gues it was more than jus "not having seen the film yet". And I do do agree HT didint rip anyone money. We knew what we were buying. I would be VERY upset if they announced a V1 with V2 head sculp and ended releasing with V1 head. but that was not the case. I guess in the end we will get TWO AMAZING figures to display.

I think people are forgetting that before the film was released, we knew very little about the character and his mannerisms. If you re-read the old threads, you'll find that people were waiting to see the film before they made any judgment about the sculpt. Hot Toys even said that they were inspired to do a re-sculpt after getting more information from the film. It's not hard to believe that this new sculpt is less than a month old.

I think the BR Joker they had planned had just the slicked-back head (which isn't that far off from the V1 head or bust) and that this new one is a recent addition. They didn't screw the customers. We had the pictures. We knew what we were getting. We paid for it.

If they really, really, really wanted to make customers extremely satisfied, they'd offer to sell the new sculpt by itself. But people would be less inclined to buy V2. Hot Toys isn't a legion of evildoers, and they're no charity either.

VERY well said!

If anything the average 12" collector should be kissing HT's ass right now, what the hell else out there is even close? Please don't mention Enterbay either cuz $400 for a toy shouldn't anything less than perfect anyway.

Look at all the Rambo's and Rocky's! Yulli's only human!

well i think the days of the powerloader are gone because HT now knows they dont have to give us "freebies" for us to buy their products. as for HT's business strategy, what can we do? you make your own decisions as a collector. do you spend another $100+ on another joker figure with a better head sculpt or do you not because you feel cheated? as i saw on another board, no ones making us buy it. even though i feel kind of duped, im buying it anyways because i feel i have to have the new head sculpt, so right now the score is HT:1, ME:0. All i can say to HT is "well played"

I told my self at first, one Joker is good enough. Now I tell myself 2 Joker is good enough. I really hope Hot Toys don't make a 3rd Joker.

with this new sculpt, i would not buy a nurse joker, i dont think HT would make a nurse joker after the bank robber one.

I told my self at first, one Joker is good enough. Now I tell myself 2 Joker is good enough. I really hope Hot Toys don't make a 3rd Joker.

:lol Same here. When I heard about the Bank Robber one I said "PASS" but after seeing it theres no way I can

I would get a Nurse Joker if the expression on his face is the "Hiiiiiiiii" look from the hospital sequence.

I think if we got a nurse Joker without the wig and hat people would be disapointed lol

If they do a nurse, my bet is the fake hair is just sculpted to the head and a second, wigless head is included. Removable hat and face mask, but I don't see them doing a "wig" for the figure.

well i think the days of the powerloader are gone because HT now knows they dont have to give us "freebies" for us to buy their products. as for HT's business strategy, what can we do? you make your own decisions as a collector. do you spend another $100+ on another joker figure with a better head sculpt or do you not because you feel cheated? as i saw on another board, no ones making us buy it. even though i feel kind of duped, im buying it anyways because i feel i have to have the new head sculpt, so right now the score is HT:1, ME:0. All i can say to HT is "well played"

I can't agree with that opening statement, with the Tumbler and Batpod being pretty costly items, plus i think they are going to do a Alien Queen at some point and a Robocop 2 Cain.

it would need the wig,hat,mask,folder/chart,and gun for me to buy it

Don't forget the detonator for the explosives! Probably will have to make it light up too :p

And didn't he give Two-Face another pistol in that scene? A silver six-shooter revolver.

So its:

- wig
- hat
- mask
- folder/chart
- 2 pistols
- detonator

True, and I think that's what has Creech mad. The premeditated decision to go with a sub-par sculpt knowing the better one could be used for a figure that otherwise would not have sold so well.

I still think the BR Joker would have sold well.

Hot Toys collector's are buying zombies and they know however we're treated they'll win, so they treat the consumer like a mindless money source.

Yes, that is right, but it needn't be. It is us who have the power. They got our support to get them to this point. I could see their reasoning behind their strategies, as a new company, trying to make their mark. They have made their mark now, and their strategies are becoming a joke. Our buying habits and ability to act as a collective can send them a message where it hits them most. If they choose to ignore how we, their core market, feel, they can pay the penalty where they can understand the message more clearly.

I think people are forgetting that before the film was released, we knew very little about the character and his mannerisms. If you re-read the old threads, you'll find that people were waiting to see the film before they made any judgment about the sculpt. Hot Toys even said that they were inspired to do a re-sculpt after getting more information from the film. It's not hard to believe that this new sculpt is less than a month old.

I think the BR Joker they had planned had just the slicked-back head (which isn't that far off from the V1 head or bust) and that this new one is a recent addition. They didn't screw the customers. We had the pictures. We knew what we were getting. We paid for it.

Quite right, WE knew little. THEY would have access to informed information and pictures, via their licensor. So why were they producing a sub standard sculpt? I have heard it said that they have no need for a licence to produce, because they are an overseas enterprise. So why is Kane such an abomination?
If they really, really, really wanted to make customers extremely satisfied, they'd offer to sell the new sculpt by itself. But people would be less inclined to buy V2. Hot Toys isn't a legion of evildoers, and they're no charity either.
Hot Toys would have no problem if they had sold the BR Joker without the revised head. It still would have sold. It's an unmitigated travesty. They knew what they were doing and they did it. I really don't understand how so many can second guess Hot Toys motives, and defend them. I always thought the instigator ought to take responsibility for their actions, but Hot Toys can do no wrong. No they aren't a charity, so that is even more weight to add to the likelyhood that they are in fact evil doers. Money, being the root of all evil.

I think HT is good at wording things to try and sound more on people's sides than we'd think.

Personally, as cool as it is getting product right on time or pretty close to movie releases, I'd rather see HT step the ambition down a bit and just deliver an all around great, all encompassing product when they have all the details, but they make more money not doing things that way so it won't stop.

It won't stop if they don't stop it. So they must be coerced. It's like teaching a dog what is right and wrong. A dog doesn't know. It's up to us to teach them new, more socially acceptable practices.

The beauty of that sculpt is indeed overriding the fact that my ass is sore.

That is how I feel too. :lol

Anyhow, it could have something to do with the recent death of Ledger. In February there were rumors that the Joker would not be used anymore to promote this movie. It could be something like that. Because, since the first full trailer we have enough images to have a good idea of how he was going to look in the final movie. I gues it was more than jus "not having seen the film yet". And I do do agree HT didint rip anyone money. We knew what we were buying. I would be VERY upset if they announced a V1 with V2 head sculp and ended releasing with V1 head. but that was not the case. I guess in the end we will get TWO AMAZING figures to display.

All true, but I'm old, so I get tired of games. No it was not blatant rip off, but it was deceitful. Look at the Kane incident as just one example, and that's the point. People are viewing each figure as a separate entity unto itself. Being old, I have seen the course of events over a prolonged period.

If anything the average 12" collector should be kissing HT's ass right now, what the hell else out there is even close? Please don't mention Enterbay either cuz $400 for a toy shouldn't anything less than perfect anyway.

Look at all the Rambo's and Rocky's! Yulli's only human!

Enterbay is young and needs support and I'm giving it to them. They are roll models in the 1/6th world, and not all their product is $400. In fact none of them retailed at over $350, and that one item came onto the market with free shipping throughout the world.

Nobody is having a go at Yulli. She just works for them.

You are right. I will be buying the BR Joker, because I have bought into the bargain with the devil :devil Hot Toys. I too have had an epiphany, and after I fulfill my obligations of Hot Toys pre-orders I will not buy another one of their products.

Back