Hot Toys--TDK-1/6th The JOKER (Bank Robber version) full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny, I like the bank robber costume and I'll have fun with it, but primarily, I'm excited about this figure for the parts; grenades to replicate the mob meeting, his proper gun for pistol shots, a new head, the correct machine gun. The rest is just icing on the cake.

Yeah i cant wait to shoot this figure.

tdkrainmanlc3.jpg

:)

Wow i never really noticed how 'off' V1 joker was until that comparison there, and ive been looking at mine everyday for the past month or so LOL! V2 is perfection, fantastic work

That's hilarious devil! :lol

I actually think the sculpts look incredibly similar in devil's picture. The expression and paint apps are what makes it look different to me. The repaints I've seen really bring out Heath's likeness.

I actually think the sculpts look incredibly similar in devil's picture. The expression and paint apps are what makes it look different to me. The repaints I've seen really bring out Heath's likeness.

They really are closer than you'd think. The key improvements for the v2 head are the hairline, slightly more emphatic mouth scarring, and the paint job.

What hurts the v1 is the incorrect makeup scheme, an inappropriate facial expression, and a slightly off hairline structure.

The v1 head looks like they took the reference materials available, didn't have a specific face they could or wanted to replicate, so they took an expression they thought was good, applied it to Ledger's face and the result was just a bit off the mark. v2 screams that they really studied the portrayal throughout the film and keyed in on defining traits, which you can't get from early test promotional shots done during filming, which a lot of their references were.

Those are the exact same things I saw in the portraits. The hairline and the slightly less overhanging hair on the left side compared to V2, the makeup and the expression.

Those are the exact same things I saw in the portraits. The hairline and the slightly less overhanging hair on the left side compared to V2, the makeup and the expression.

The hair is actually, to me, the biggest culprit in hurting likeness. Heath's hair never covered the front of his face like that, at the most a few loose strands, but the v2 nails how it swept over that side of his face. The way the v1 hair and hairline shape his face really distorts the overall look.

The hair is actually, to me, the biggest culprit in hurting likeness. Heath's hair never covered the front of his face like that, at the most a few loose strands, but the v2 nails how it swept over that side of his face. The way the v1 hair and hairline shape his face really distorts the overall look.

Exactly. I was really impressed that HT changed even that. Really shows, as you said, how they must have poured over screen caps and photos to achieve that awesome sculpt.

This may just be their best likeness ever. Nice figure. Glad I ordered one.

Exactly. I was really impressed that HT changed even that. Really shows, as you said, how they must have poured over screen caps and photos to achieve that awesome sculpt.

That's why I honestly believe the v1 wasn't being devious. I've seen pictures of them doing the fabrication and what reference images they were going off of, and if they used that for a sculpt, it wasn't good reference materials. Promo images of Ledger as Joker don't even look much like he did on film. You really have to see the movie for some of these guys to really get the character and performance to represent them as a figure.

That's why I honestly believe the v1 wasn't being devious. I've seen pictures of them doing the fabrication and what reference images they were going off of, and if they used that for a sculpt, it wasn't good reference materials. Promo images of Ledger as Joker don't even look much like he did on film. You really have to see the movie for some of these guys to really get the character and performance to represent them as a figure.

Yeah, I don't see HT intentionally messing anything up. They did the best they could with what they had. V2 is just stellar all the way around and then some.

Two awesome head sculpts for one figure! I mean come on, what more could you ask for? They could have easily made a figure with a mask sculpted to the head and called it a day.

Exactly, when people mention it is 'all part of the plaann' with HT for releasing v1 then a BETTER fig few months later is bolox.

They worked on v1 AGES before the film and only had a handful of the very first promo stills to work from by the looks of it.

Trully a beutiful figure, if the auctual product comes out looking just like than when its released its will definitly be my crown jewel on my shelf (next to my Christopher Reeve Superman and Brandon Lee The Crow.) Glad I ordered a couple from Joe. :rock:rock:rock:rock

Yeah, I'm glad I got one ordered from Joe as well.
However, I'm currently thinking if I should get the V1 suit from ebay. Not that the Bank Robber outfit doens't look amazing, but it might become a bit boring over time. And although at first I didn't care about it, having the more iconic outfit does make a difference IMO.

For anyone that cares, here is the names of the Bank Robbery Goons:

Happy - the vault cracker
Dopey - the alarm guy
Grumpy - the main goon, gets hit by the bus
Chuckles - the 3rd lobby goon, killed by the bank manager
Bozo- the Joker

I know someone asked awhile ago why the Joker wasn't Grumpy and what his name was, but I didn't know then. I'm reading the novelization of the Dark Knight and that is where the names came from.

Stunning, everytime I see pictures of this figure my jaw drops to the floor. So happy I have him on pre-order ... now the wait, it's going to kill me

Stunning, everytime I see pictures of this figure my jaw drops to the floor. So happy I have him on pre-order ... now the wait, it's going to kill me

Seriously. The next few months are going to be torture. Just looking at pictures and wishing I had it in hand.

Back