Hot Toys--TDK-1/6th The JOKER (Bank Robber version) full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One word. Wow. Trevor Grove's Alec Guinness has always appeared to me as the best likeness at 1/6 scale. This Hot Toys sculpt is definitely right up there with it. Truly amazing.

For anyone that cares, here is the names of the Bank Robbery Goons:

Happy - the vault cracker
Dopey - the alarm guy
Grumpy - the main goon, gets hit by the bus
Chuckles - the 3rd lobby goon, killed by the bank manager
Bozo- the Joker

I know someone asked awhile ago why the Joker wasn't Grumpy and what his name was, but I didn't know then. I'm reading the novelization of the Dark Knight and that is where the names came from.

Thanks for that, Buttmunch.

Funny that the names don't really fit. Grumpy is the "happy" one.

Thanks for that, Buttmunch.

Funny that the names don't really fit. Grumpy is the "happy" one.

Oh thats right, it was you that asked. But yeah, I agree, not exactly the best names with the masks. Grumpy should have been Joker and Grumpy should have been happy. I the others though don't really matter either way.

Oh thats right, it was you that asked. But yeah, I agree, not exactly the best names with the masks. Grumpy should have been Joker and Grumpy should have been happy. I the others though don't really matter either way.

Maybe that's part of the "joke". :)

We need a Joker emoticon.

hcpshow2smallph6.jpg

So who's who here?

I think I like Chuckles best, just from a visual standpoint.

To have all 5 of these would be awesome. Are you making all 5?

What's the cost for a full 5 mask set? If you don't know, you should think about it.

Also, not much info online in pictures. We need pics of each goon to cobble the correct outfit. Or we can wait for the DVD.

I think I like Chuckles best, just from a visual standpoint.

To have all 5 of these would be awesome. Are you making all 5?

What's the cost for a full 5 mask set? If you don't know, you should think about it.

Also, not much info online in pictures. We need pics of each goon to cobble the correct outfit. Or we can wait for the DVD.

Well I've made Grumpy and Bozo so far. Bozo is a removable mask to DarkArtist's Joker sculpt that he reworked with slicked back hair. Grumpy is a solid headsculpt. They aren't just the masks, but maybe could be with a little work.

I'd love to do all of the masks if there was interest. So far there have only been a handful of takers on the Grumpy mask. The Bozo combo a little more interest because its the Joker. But I think Chuckles will round out the Lobby Goons nicely. I'm just waiting to get Grumpy back from Josh and a full custom of him will be completed. Working on Chuckles now. I figure there might be a bit more interest when Hot Toys' Bozo Joker is released.

But here is something I've been working on with the Mattel Masks that came with the Movie Masters Goons. All 5 variants are here.

dsc00548ao1.jpg

I'm confused about the masks above. Isn't the one in the lower left the "unknown" mask that is not in the prologue?

Here's a comp I did for you with the pics from the online masks:

JokerGoonscucomp.jpg

Now maybe everyone will understand who's who.

Make all 5 (not counting Bozo since we're getting him with Joker v2) and I think people would go for a package. Or a Grumpy/Chuckles set is also good for lobby scene as you said.

Hope the pic helps.

As for the outfit, I pretty much have Chuckle's down. I just need the parts. I know where to get the shirt at least, but again a darn trenchcoat comes into play. :banghead

The other 3 guys would be harder to pull off as they are just in street clothes.

Didn't want you to miss this, Buttmunch...

I'm confused about the masks above. Isn't the one in the lower left the "unknown" mask that is not in the prologue?

JokerGoonscucomp.jpg

Make all 5 (not counting Bozo since we're getting him with Joker v2) and I think people would go for a package. Or a Grumpy/Chuckles set is also good for lobby scene as you said.

Hope the pic helps.

JokerGoonscucomp.jpg

Hope the pic helps.

Yeah that 5th mask is the "uknown" one. I have no idea why Mattel made that one instead of Happy or Dopey.

But I think you are right, more might be interested in these more as a set than individually. Hopefully I'll have Chuckles done with a week or so. Then I either have to send him off to Josh are start learning how to cast, which I probably should anyway.

Either way, I plan on making them for myself, even if its just the headsculpts and not entire figures. But I definately want the "three of a kind" in my collection and Hot Toys has already done one to perfection and I've got Grumpy done as well! :D

PS I'll post pics of Grumpy once I get his head back ;)

But I think you are right, more might be interested in these more as a set than individually. Hopefully I'll have Chuckles done with a week or so. Then I either have to send him off to Josh are start learning how to cast, which I probably should anyway.

PS I'll post pics of Grumpy once I get his head back ;)

Good.

With you in mind, I started a new thread about all things GOONS! I think it might help get you going, and get you some business (if you want it).

;)

Good.

With you in mind, I started a new thread about all things GOONS! I think it might help get you going, and get you some business (if you want it).

;)

Bring it on! :lol

I really just started out making Grumpy for myself and then Josh wanted a casting of it so I sent it to him and we figured we might as well see if anyone else was interested. I definately enjoy doing these and hopefully my skills will eventually progress that I can even do "real" people :eek: I'd love to see a better William Fitchner than that Saturday Toys one. Would have Prison Break appeal as well. We'll see if I ever get around to it...

3TDK_TheJokerBankRobberver.jpg
3DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

Here's a V.1 Repaint:
repaint1.jpg

imo the biggest differences between the 2 sculpts (besides paint aps/hair which have been discussed and covered) is:

1. The new BR Joker has a fuller face. To me, the V.1 head (even with a repaint) still has a very narrow chin/jaw line. The lower face almost comes to a point.

2. The nose on the BR Joker isn't as wide. Especially in the bridge of the nose. The nostrils aren't as big either.

3. Disregarding the actual new scar sculpting (that's obvious so it's not worth discussing) but how the scaring puffs out the ends of the mouth/cheeks slightly. This is understandable since HT didn't know what the final prosthetics would look like. But the V.1 head doesn't have this puffed out look. Even if you fix the actual scars on the V.1 head this mouth effect will still be missing.

I'd really be surprised if, with all the paint removed from the V.1 head, that sculpt even looked remotely like Heath Ledger. I just don't see it. Even with the repaints I've seen it still doesn't look like Heath. I can understand HT not getting the Paint/Details (scars/hair) right because of the lack of actual pics/video of Heath in finished make-up (if that was the case) but overall imo HT didn't even at least nail a decent Heath Ledger sculpt. And that has nothing to do with a lack of movie material. They just didn't hit the mark the first time out imo. I don't like the other heads I've seen from other companies but at least the heads LOOK like Heath with just really bad make-up. :D

Now I need one of you to donate your V.1 Jokers to me so I can swap heads with my BR Joker in Dec. That way I can have BOTH figures. :banana

Really top all around :)

The 2 headsculps deal gives us the ideal ugrade possibilty for their version 1, and in the end we still have 2 complete looking figures. (with the head from version one in the box)

Back