Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Stormtrooper Commander Figure (Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow I wasn't aware of this one! Cool that an OT era Stormtrooper is releasing! I'm heavily contemplating it, since I quite liked them in the OT; especially when Obi-Wan alluded they were a dangerous force during the destroyed Jawa Sandcrawler scene in ANH.

I have ROTJ regular stormie, and the TK Trooper from Rogue One, so I don't really have a need for this. Happy for collectors who don't have a Stormtrooper, though.

Oh wow I wasn't aware of this one! Cool that an OT era Stormtrooper is releasing! I'm heavily contemplating it, since I quite liked them in the OT; especially when Obi-Wan alluded they were a dangerous force during the destroyed Jawa Sandcrawler scene in ANH.

I know what you mean, and you did say OT era, but it's technically not an OT Stormtrooper since it's based off of the Rogue One Stormtrooper.

Fairly big differences between the armors if you get into it. Some folks really dislike the RO armor and the figures based on them. I strongly prefer actual OT armor, but don't actively dislike the RO armor either.

And the Hot Toys Rogue One Stormtrooper figures and their subsequent permutations have been solid figures.

So if those differences don't bother you, then this version would serve as a good representation of a Stormtrooper since it's light on the weathering and there's a nice array of accessories and display options.

I know what you mean, and you did say OT era, but it's technically not an OT Stormtrooper since it's based off of the Rogue One Stormtrooper.

Fairly big differences between the armors if you get into it. Some folks really dislike the RO armor and the figures based on them. I strongly prefer actual OT armor, but don't actively dislike the RO armor either.

And the Hot Toys Rogue One Stormtrooper figures and their subsequent permutations have been solid figures.

So if those differences don't bother you, then this version would serve as a good representation of a Stormtrooper since it's light on the weathering and there's a nice array of accessories and display options.

Thanks for the info! Yup I said OT era since it's branded as part of TM lol I wasn't aware of the differences between the RO and OT Stormtroopers until you pointed it out, but looking at them they don't bother me at all. (Still so much more to learn about SW :) )

I decided I wanted to get this guy. A reasonable price for a Stormie when ebay prices and the like seems so high for any (non ST) trooper.
Couldn't find any UK sellers with this guy, assume as he's an exclusive, the only place I get him is Sideshow.
He's £170 there. I figure, with international shipping and the dreaded import duties/VAT etc, he'll work out at an acceptable price.
Put him in basket, go through to checkout, gives me option to pay NRD, pay in full etc, then place order.
Can't see shipping cost anywhere. I need to know that so I can calculate the full landed cost, makesure it doesn't add up to something too ridiculous.
Just wary I'll order at £170, then when the time comes for shipping, I'm suddenly looking at large shipping costs on top of all the other charges.
I've always avoided Sideshow and other international sellers because of this but it looks like I have no other option than Sideshow for this particular figure.
Anyone experienced this?
I don't want to order, not knowing what the shipping is and not knowing what the charges will be.

Last edited:
I decided I wanted to get this guy. A reasonable price for a Stormie when ebay prices and the like seems so high for any (non ST) trooper.
Couldn't find any UK sellers with this guy, assume as he's an exclusive, the only place I get him is Sideshow.
He's £170 there. I figure, with international shipping and the dreaded import duties/VAT etc, he'll work out at an acceptable price.
Put him in basket, go through to checkout, gives me option to pay NRD, pay in full etc, then place order.
Can't see shipping cost anywhere. I need to know that so I can calculate the full landed cost, makesure it doesn't add up to something too ridiculous.
Just wary I'll order at £170, then when the time comes for shipping, I'm suddenly looking at large shipping costs on top of all the other charges.
I've always avoided Sideshow and other international sellers because of this but it looks like I have no other option than Sideshow for this particular figure.
Anyone experienced this?
I don't want to order, not knowing what the shipping is and not knowing what the charges will be.
For me, living in Sweden, Sideshow usually charges $38 for standard shipping with DHL. Think it might be something similar for you.

Anyone experienced this?

You should ask them if they can give you a quote for a rough estimate, with the understanding that the cost might change based on when it comes out.

I’ve seen other folks here from the UK buy from Sideshow directly. Usually the complaints are the shipping costs and VAT and duties are high added up. And that they need to do more to really be the European distributor.

But I don’t think I’ve seen someone say they felt like they were extorted on shipping cost so… it must be okay to some degree. Could be wrong though; they might be suffering in silence out there.

But best to try to call or email them yourself to see if you can get some answers.

It says you should see an estimate during check out. Sometimes I see one for a pre-order, sometimes I don’t until I place the order and look at the confirmation email. I just tried it and all it said was pending. That is not very helpful, Sideshow.

https://help.sideshow.com/hc/en-us/...ernational-Shipping-Policies-and-Customs-Fees

Last edited:
For me, living in Sweden, Sideshow usually charges $38 for standard shipping with DHL. Think it might be something similar for you.

You should ask them if they can give you a quote for a rough estimate, with the understanding that the cost might change based on when it comes out.

I’ve seen other folks here from the UK buy from Sideshow directly. Usually the complaints are the shipping costs and VAT and duties are high added up. And that they need to do more to really be the European distributor.

But I don’t think I’ve seen someone say they felt like they were extorted on shipping cost so… it must be okay to some degree. Could be wrong though; they might be suffering in silence out there.

But best to try to call or email them yourself to see if you can get some answers.

It says you should see an estimate during check out. Sometimes I see one for a pre-order, sometimes I don’t until I place the order and look at the confirmation email. I just tried it and all it said was pending. That is not very helpful, Sideshow.

https://help.sideshow.com/hc/en-us/...ernational-Shipping-Policies-and-Customs-Fees

Thanks very much both.
$38 sounds alright, about what you could expect.
I'll get in touch with them and ask for an estimate.

I have 1 of these pre-ordered.

ScoutingForToys - if you're still struggling to get this at a good total price once it's released in HK, let me know. Can usually pick figures up at Secret Base prices or maybe a touch higher soon after release. e.g brand new Lando and Shoretrooper Squad Leader are available in loads of stores at UDS $167 and Shoretrooper grunt USD $154. Tusken $180 shopping around.

I have 1 of these pre-ordered.

ScoutingForToys - if you're still struggling to get this at a good total price once it's released in HK, let me know. Can usually pick figures up at Secret Base prices or maybe a touch higher soon after release. e.g brand new Lando and Shoretrooper Squad Leader are available in loads of stores at UDS $167 and Shoretrooper grunt USD $154. Tusken $180 shopping around.
Where can I find a shoretrooper for $154? :O

Read quickly, didn’t catch @Deinonychus buy the figures at secret base. SB prices are sooo nice.

Fly down, eat all the amazing food, take in the culture, visit Hong Kong Disneyland, and top off your collection at Secret Base.

Might be awkward showing up to the airport with a suitcase full of realistic dolls but hey, they find weirder things in luggage all the time.

Fly down, eat all the amazing food, take in the culture, visit Hong Kong Disneyland, and top off your collection at Secret Base.

Might be awkward showing up to the airport with a suitcase full of realistic dolls but hey, they find weirder things in luggage all the time.
I want to visit Hong Kong sometime in the future. Looks like a cool place to visit, but China enforcing their power/dictatorship upon them is terrifying.

Think I would plan my visit similar to the way you put it, they have some really good restaurants over there. Also, of course, buy an additional suitcase to put all my new HT in. Might even receive that 10% SB discount right away lol.

Back