Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Stormtrooper Commander Figure (Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
181134851_10157991739562344_3355623250378517838_n.jpg

Is this meant to indicate that if you removed the orange shoulder pad you'd have yourself a regular Storm Trooper? I guess based on the weathering these are two completely different figures.

I was thinking the same about getting two and then removing the rank off one for a reg trooper.

I agree with you, looking closer at the weathering pattern on the commander, it looks quite specific, especially the helmet. The dark horizontal streak going across the helmet's forehead, and some molded characteristics on the dome. So yeah they do appear unique. This kinda becomes a thing...

Wondering if it would be better to wait for a possible basic trooper release in the future, or just get two and deal with the similarities? Not even sure if we'll see another basic trooper this week.

Last edited:
I wonder how this will look with an ot sand trooper? I always wished I bought 2 of the original sandy.

I've never been able to buy Stormtroopers with the RO design. I really dislike it. The RO design and HT weird weathering kept me from ordering a couple Remnant Troopers. I kinda regret passing on those though honestly.

I wish I had bought more of the ROTJ Stormtroopers, I have three of those. I kinda want to buy this to put with those but I'm afraid the discrepancy will be too jarring.

I have several of each ANH, ROTJ, and RO Stormtroopers. I don't keep them together.

It might not bother some people but they look too different to blend in together. I like the RO figure, but it is different, and you would notice the difference. I think it would bother you.

But if there's a back up plan in place where you could display this separate from the ROTJ Stormtroopers should you not be happy with them together, I think you might be pleasantly surprised by how the RO Stormtrooper looks in person.

I was thinking the same about getting two and then removing the rank off one for a reg trooper.

I agree with you, looking closer at the weathering pattern on the commander, it looks quite specific, especially the helmet. The dark horizontal streak going across the helmet's forehead, and some molded characteristics on the dome. So yeah they do appear unique. This kinda becomes a thing...

Wondering if it would be better to wait for a possible basic trooper release in the future, or just get two and deal with the similarities? Not even sure if we'll see another basic trooper this week.
My hunch is by the time this guy ships, we’ll know if the basic trooper will also be available to purchase.

Made sure to PO one the day it went up. An orange pauldron trooper is lacking in my collection. Will look good next to my clean RO trooper. Doubt I?ll order the yellow trooper

I have several of each ANH, ROTJ, and RO Stormtroopers. I don't keep them together.

It might not bother some people but they look too different to blend in together. I like the RO figure, but it is different, and you would notice the difference. I think it would bother you.

But if there's a back up plan in place where you could display this separate from the ROTJ Stormtroopers should you not be happy with them together, I think you might be pleasantly surprised by how the RO Stormtrooper looks in person.

After thinking on it a bit I think you are right, this figure will probably bother me and I need to skip it. I really wish I had bought several more of those ROTJ stormies, they were cheap too. I wouldn't say this about any other figure in any line, but I have come to think that the ANH stormtrooper should always be offered year round 24/7. It's the best looking stormtrooper design, will always have a market, and it would allow folks to army build at a rate their budget would allow.

No, they have never reissued the ANH Stormtrooper. There likely will not be another OT specific Stormtroooper for a while unless they do an ESB.

There will be some form of Stormtrooper on the market most of the time, but it will be related to the new shows, movies, and games.

Diehard collectors know the difference, but the general market cannot be bothered to distinguish between Stormtrooper variations.

Nope. I really hope the RO design isn't the "standard" stormtrooper going forward. It really sucks and absolutely reeks of Disney.

I know Hasbro recently said in one of their live streams that the RO trooper is their 'standard' Stormtrooper model going forward. I have to assume it's Disney/Lucasfilm doing it across the brand. They're slightly taller but I like the Bandai model kit Stormtrooper as a pretty cost effective stand-in. I have one to go with my pair of ANH. Once I have things more set up I planned on getting some more of those.

There was nothing wrong with OT stormies except lack of standardization, asymmetry and the low integrity of the costumes. However the Hasbro mold was horrible, the legs were so thin if you even compare it to any Luke or Han figures. A lot collectors prefer the new aesthetic design and articulation. They were impractical, couldn?t stand and had very narrow feet that all contributed to the host of issues. HT doesn’t have these issues so I see no reason they can’t reissue or make more OT accurate Stormies in the future.

I know Hasbro recently said in one of their live streams that the RO trooper is their 'standard' Stormtrooper model going forward. I have to assume it's Disney/Lucasfilm doing it across the brand. They're slightly taller but I like the Bandai model kit Stormtrooper as a pretty cost effective stand-in. I have one to go with my pair of ANH. Once I have things more set up I planned on getting some more of those.

It's certainly easier that way since any future appearances of Stormtroopers will likely be reusing the Rogue One suits till they fall apart. And the number of people who care about the minutiae of Stormtrooper armor (I do) are the vast minority.

There's definitely a market for items specific to OT Stormtroopers but it's a small one, though a company like Hot Toys can cater to it if they want to.

Nope. I really hope the RO design isn't the "standard" stormtrooper going forward. It really sucks and absolutely reeks of Disney.

It even has the round "Disney Eyes." The helmet is the worst part for me. The iconic harsher eyes are gone and take away from the more sinister look.

Back