1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Mandalorian & Blurrg Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually danoby pointed out the V1 legs don't split out very far and seems restricted by the suit and or pants suggesting the V2 may have stretch pants.

Maybe a simple mod to the V1 fatsuit in the leg zone.

I was just messing with mine out of curiosity and the legs go wide enough to sit comfortably on a jar of planters peanuts so it will have zero issues with the thinner Blurrg.

So which is better in the collection and which will likely be harder to get later on? Blurgg or Speeder Bike?

Both will likely be hard to come by in the long run. Blurrg will probably be produced in low quantities as i don't see it being very popular. The speederbike is possibly selling more units but few owners will let it go easily unless there are variants coming later on.

Some people might sell their Mandalorian bike and scout to get the inevitable ROTJ versions, but that doesn’t mean they’ll go down in value. They are unique enough that another version will not make the previous version undesirable.

The Blurrg will likely not be produced in huge numbers either.

But you have so much time between releases. The bike will hit Sideshow sooner than later but there is plenty of time to save up for the Blurrg. If you are on the fence about either, you should just get them both and sell if you change your mind.

Exposed joints = pass for me. Hot Toys act like they are selling cheap action figures where looks don't matter.

This is the specs I got from SS's description page
Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 10.51.32 PM.jpg

Looking through the promo pics, the Blurrg's legs are never off the base or posed in any different direction. I really don't think they can move and now I'm skeptical he'll even be removable from the platform. I might be waiting until HK release to see what the hell we're actually getting and then order at Sideshow. The non-movable legs aren't a killer for me, but the base is. Just adds too much unnecessary height.

I'm expecting more of a lightly poseable statue than a figure, which is fine. I look at it more as a diorama piece.

I think it disassembles for packaging purposes but I agree that it must slot into the base somehow to make it stable. Hot Toys does not like to spend money on magnets when they can absolutely help it, even if that would be ideal here.

The Blurrg promo pics include several with him not on the rock base, and the specifications also list the height both with and without the base, so he is most certainly removable and able to stand without it.

181376734_10157991758752344_8499267515843717127_n.jpg

181810098_10157991758472344_1689034877431344718_n.jpg

182334662_10157991758732344_6599083524774276342_n.jpg

The Blurrg promo pics include several with him not on the rock base, and the specifications also list the height both with and without the base, so he is most certainly removable and able to stand without it.

181376734_10157991758752344_8499267515843717127_n.jpg

Actually if you look close at this one, you can see he is standing on his base.

I don't trust the photoshopped other two -- like I don't trust lit up lightsabers.

If all else fails, just remove him from the base and rest him on his tail. lol

anyone wants just the Blurg, I am interested in a Mando version1 with included weapons that are not applicable to this set (his reg guns or whatnot)

Figured I might as well 'throw it out there'

Update: I'm an idiot, just realized Blurg is being sold separately too........sorry for not looking. But offer stands in case person paid a deposit and just wants the lizard. lol

According to SS's specs, the Blurgg is sitting at 37cm height, I will assume this dimension is entirely WITHOUT the base. From this estimated calculation, my 50cm height cabinet will definitely not sufficient enough for the whole set.

Perhaps instead of the Blurrg keying into the base, the base keys into the Blurrg allowing him to have flat feet and little pegs sticking up off the base?

Back