1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Mandalorian & Blurrg Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great but not sure what they were thinking with the two "stepping stones" the Blurrg's feet are positioned onto. Looks a little odd with those tiny feet, each on their own stone riser.

Maybe they needed extra height for longer pins and didn't want to add a lot of extra rock so opted for the two raised rock steps instead..

There seems to be a bit of a discrepancy as the main writeup only mentions the arms, but the "what's in the box" section says both the arms and legs have articulation.

I hadn't read the other description.

However, in the Sideshow live shows there did seem to be a gap between the legs and the body. Though I don't know how articulation could work with the necessity to have him on the base.

I guess the articulation would make it a figure and not a statue. Limited movement, but a few display options.

Mando OG V1 may NOT work well with the Blurrg. It won't sit naturally because of leg posing restriction as pointed out by danoby.

This V2 version may have stretch pants or re engineered legs to sit naturally on the beast.

Hopefully, it's just the pants.

Or a fat suit mod.

Also, see justin's new vid.

It appears the jaw articulates and may open wider. Check behind the bridle, there is a seam...

Yeah I don't think the legs are articulated. Sometimes some people are able to ask for details at Secret Base, I'll see if anyone has done that yet. The stand sucks IMO. I don't like the added height or being forced to use it.

For me the legs and arms are clearly rotatable. That's pretty standard for things like this. It just makes demoulding the object way easier when they are separate parts. Not to mention making painting way easier too.

Then simply push in the legs and arms into the body and it's assembled (on Hot Toys end).

You can clearly see the seams too.

In the end it is not really useful articulation, especially the back legs. Rotation only enables you to essentially rotate the whole body up or down. Arms could be rotated a bit I guess. But for those reasons he needs some sort of support via pins in the feet to "balance" the beast.

blurrg_star-wars_gallery_60917499cfd84.jpg

blurrg_star-wars_gallery_6091749b1cf7f.jpg

blurrg_star-wars_gallery_6091749a3c920.jpg

Over time that blurrg will simply roll forward.

With Mando on top, not sure how it locks itself into place... but without extremely tight joints, the blurrg's face and the seat position already throw way too much weight up front. Unless that tail is weighted with something heavy.

There's really no point for cut-leg joints. It just destabilizes the whole thing. Are you going to make your blurrg sit?

There's obviously a leg seam from the molding process, but until I hear otherwise I don't think that thing will even come off the base, let alone have moving legs. If I could've gotten one more joint it would be the mouth just to show some motion, the harness kind of hides that area anyway, so that would've been nice to have.

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Mandalorian & Blurrg Collectible Set

Hopefully those rear joints are ratcheted otherwise Wor-Gar is probably right, the weight of Mando could eventually have the Blurrg resting his bottom lip on that rock with his legs pinned in. Although taking a second look, his arms could inadvertently act as a "stopper".

Ratcheted joints have too much give. And they wear out being made of plastic. Your blurrg will still ease forward as far as the ratchet space will allow it.

I feel a lot of people will either glue or afix their blurrg legs somehow, assuming HT doesn't glue the legs for you themselves before delivery.

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Mandalorian & Blurrg Collectible Set

Ratcheted joints have too much give. And they wear out being made of plastic. Your blurrg will still ease forward as far as the ratchet space will allow it.

I feel a lot of people will either glue or afix their blurrg legs somehow, assuming HT doesn't glue the legs for you themselves before delivery.

The good people at Hot Toys would never fail collectors with such a faulty design :monkey3

After seeing Justin's preview video I need this haha. And I already have an OG Mando.

After seeing Justin's preview video I need this haha. And I already have an OG Mando.

I have an extra to put on the Blurrg. But I'm honestly concerned that V1 Mando 2.0 will come with improved articulation that will be required to look natural while riding. Problem is we won't know the answer to this until the Mando/Blurrg set starts shipping.

Back