1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker (& STAP) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived, shipper box intact,button batteries removed. Maybe they plan on going through all the affected figures and removing the batteries, and plan on selling them cheap for we locals?

With the cost of living, people aren't going to be spending the money on luxuries like figures. They have a tonne of figures in stock because who can keep spending $400+ on every figure? Prices are utterly ridiculous now. I never preorder anymore and wait until 20% off sales everytime.

With the cost of living, people aren't going to be spending the money on luxuries like figures. They have a tonne of figures in stock because who can keep spending $400+ on every figure? Prices are utterly ridiculous now. I never preorder anymore and wait until 20% off sales everytime.

The thing is, that might not be the case anymore, the number of figures produced have gone down.

If you waited for the Clone Trooper and Clone Pilot for AoTC to be In-Stock, you were probably going to miss out on them or pay more to get them. It is getting to the point where you have to Pre-Order to guarantee yourself some of these figures.

Might be a bit different internationally but figures like ROTJ Vader, Scout Trooper Commander and TCW Commander Fox are already at the "Already Gone" list on Sideshow and they aren't due out until Q2/Q3 of 2024.

It sucks because some of these figures I might want to wait to get (Grand Inquisitor comes to mind for me) but if they never become In-Stock product, I might be paying more for him if I want him.

The next year or so will give us a clearer picture I hope.

wait...NO shipper box?
That's weird cause mine that arrived does have the shipper box covered in all their bubble wrap.
Am curious to open it up just to check if the batteries are there,etc..but am going to send to a mate for a Xmas present so..
Yes there was a shipper box :). I have no idea why I said that haha, my brain temporarily left my body.

Yes there was a shipper box :). I have no idea why I said that haha, my brain temporarily left my body.
It's a talent I know well.
It usually happens to me when in work meetings bahahahahaha.

and as said above.
It's roulette to either wait for the 20% off sales or PO when possible.
I've now missed the AOTC R2D2 and Battle droid via Pop cause I didnt think at those prices they'd sell so quickly.
Prices are inflated on there.

I've now missed the AOTC R2D2 and Battle droid via Pop cause I didnt think at those prices they'd sell so quickly.

Exactly. You never know.
So if it's a "nice to have" figure, I would also wait and play the roulette.
But if it's a "must have" figure for me, I would still rather pre-order day one.

I think when you get a figure at such a discount you are predisposed to love it. But I genuinely love this and shocked I wasn’t willing to spend more haha. It’s not perfect, the base while a good idea in principal, is a pain. I spent ages with a heat gun loosening up the supposedly rotatable, angled base and came close to melting the thing. It did loosen it up but like Jedha says in his video maybe just leave it alone. It’s a little frustrating getting him to hang on and those little brake controls (or whatever they are) are just designed to snap. But those are very minor complaints, this thing is absolutely gorgeous, there is a reasonable amount of articulation on the stap, the lights are quite strong, although I forgot to turn them on for the photos and the Anakin figure, while allI did was get him onto the stap, looks great. I will get him off for some other poses soon.

IMG_2625.jpeg

and as said above.
Yes, that's true. Those figures never even made it to instock. I remember looking at them during the last 20% off sale not long ago and they were still listed as preorder. I still want those 2 figures also, but there have been so many releases, and the prices are just getting too steep.

wait...NO shipper box?
That's weird cause mine that arrived does have the shipper box covered in all their bubble wrap.
Am curious to open it up just to check if the batteries are there,etc..but am going to send to a mate for a Xmas present so..

Popcultcha's bubblewrap was utilized for the Spirit and Opportunity rovers safely landing on Mars...

mars lander GIF sm.gif

and as said above.
Yup. Appo and Barc presold out so no 20% future sale there for me. Now to bite on the AT-RT or not...

how long did it take for you guys to get it from popcultcha ? i have not been getting any tracking updates for 6 days now...im starting to fear im not gonna get it

Flight departed

Thu 17 Aug, 11.32pm

thats the last thing and nothing after that

Last edited:
The thing is, that might not be the case anymore, the number of figures produced have gone down.

If you waited for the Clone Trooper and Clone Pilot for AoTC to be In-Stock, you were probably going to miss out on them or pay more to get them. It is getting to the point where you have to Pre-Order to guarantee yourself some of these figures.

Might be a bit different internationally but figures like ROTJ Vader, Scout Trooper Commander and TCW Commander Fox are already at the "Already Gone" list on Sideshow and they aren't due out until Q2/Q3 of 2024.

It sucks because some of these figures I might want to wait to get (Grand Inquisitor comes to mind for me) but if they never become In-Stock product, I might be paying more for him if I want him.

The next year or so will give us a clearer picture I hope.
exactly this :lecture

Many ppl are still thinking of the not so long ago old days when we could wait it out. But, that's quickly changed for more recent releases and seems to be going to the old model of whatever is pre-ordered is what is getting made, with little to no extras available upon release. I, myself, have been burned by this on some figures with only Cad Bane WL recently getting converting but not so lucky on others.

I do think it may potentially be better for us collectors in a strange way as it definitely makes you think about a figure before you purchase. Do I like the character enough to order now? Or can I live without out if it sells out?

how long did it take for you guys to get it from popcultcha ? i have not been getting any tracking updates for 6 days now...im starting to fear im not gonna get it

Flight departed

Thu 17 Aug, 11.32pm

thats the last thing and nothing after that
I received my Mando Luke 7 days after ordering. I ordered my Ahsoka Sunday and they still haven’t shipped it. Guess it just depends 🤷‍♂️

Back