Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Sideshow letting people know when their Rex is about to arrive at the warehouse? Had mine pre-ordered since March and still nothing. Really starting to annoy me that some people that just ordered recently got theirs already and mine been ordered.
I preordered Rex in December 2020, and he arrived right before Christmas this year. By that logic, you should get yours around February or March. It seems like their production on this figure is rather slow.

Unlike me who seemed I queue jumped. Pre ordered about oct 2021 on flex pay at ssc. Paid for one month then they emailed to say it’s been delayed so I just paid rest in full. Got it delivered a week before Xmas without warning or explanation.

I preordered Rex in December 2020, and he arrived right before Christmas this year. By that logic, you should get yours around February or March. It seems like their production on this figure is rather slow.

There is no logic to the order figures are shipped on a good day, but Rex is an especially weird case.

There are people with early orders still waiting, people with recent orders who long have theirs.

That’s not unusual but the amount of time between batches shipped in this case is. Especially as other figures that have come out around the same time have long shipped and are in stock.

Also a little unusual that some retailers who usually seem to get figures later also received Rex already.

Something must’ve happened with Rex; at least the amounts Sideshow would’ve expected to get for their customers did not arrive as expected. There’s shipping issues right now to be sure, but seems like it might’ve been more than that.

Got a charging notice for my 2nd Rex

Awesome. Same, Rex #2 on the way soon from Sideshow.

Congrats to everyone else getting theirs shortly.

6E146D35-4607-42EC-8435-2360CEBE0E20.gif

I got no email :( should I just pay in full? or message them? is that a waste of time?? this system sucks.

I got no email :( should I just pay in full? or message them? is that a waste of time?? this system sucks.

Don’t pay in full.

It’s not confirmed but some people have been told any sort of order modification puts you in the back of the queue. I’m not sure about that, but probably not worth doing.

Fully paid orders in general are also not necessarily processed before regular pre-orders. In a lot of cases I’ve seen people with fully paid orders get theirs later.

You can message them but they’ll probably just tell you shipments are delayed and the warehouse is in chaos.

It sucks, but hang in there. Hope you get yours soon.

My unconfirmed theory is that since SSC gives a schedule to flexpayers, they try to honor that schedule. So they try to serve them first. And if they got more figures than they need to fulfill those, they ship the rest to fullpayers. And since they didn't provide a schedule to those they don't feel obliged to ship the figure at a certain time.
The que among fullpayers is another thing, I guess.

My unconfirmed theory is that since SSC gives a schedule to flexpayers, they try to honor that schedule. So they try to serve them first. And if they got more figures than they need to fulfill those, they ship the rest to fullpayers. And since they didn't provide a schedule to those they don't feel obliged to ship the figure at a certain time.
The que among fullpayers is another thing, I guess.

A good attempt at trying to find reason to the madness, but I don’t think that’s the case.

FlexPay orders aren’t really treated any differently, and sometimes worse. If there’s a potential delay, they’ll just delay the final payment. Even if it comes in, they won’t necessarily hold the figure for the FlexPay Order as long as more figures are coming in.

Full Pay orders almost seem like they have lowest priority because Sideshow already has their money in full. But this could also be because they paid in full later which counted as an order modification and reset their place in queue.

Regular pre-orders seem to have highest priority, but that could just be because that’s probably the majority of orders.

It’s really difficult to pin down. But from my experience and observing others, I think if you want your order as early as possible it’s best if you just do a regular pre-order, don’t pay anything beyond the NRD upfront, and don’t make any order adjustments like payment methods or boxing preferences.

When you place your order doesn’t really seem to matter, but earlier probably doesn’t hurt.

None of that guarantees your order will be processed and shipped first, but it probably gives the best chance.

That said, I personally don’t mind waiting. They usually get through orders in good time. Rex was just an unusual exception.

What are you guys gonna be doing with the 2nd Rex? Custom? Unhelemt/helmet look? Different pose? There have been a few figures (Kenobi, Deluxe Mando) where I thought about grabbing another one to make use of another sculpt or accessories, but usually I just do it for the trooper figures.

But as far as my orders go, my last payments only postponed until the blogger photos released. This was the same at non-simultaneous release times.

What are you guys gonna be doing with the 2nd Rex? Custom? Unhelemt/helmet look? Different pose? There have been a few figures (Kenobi, Deluxe Mando) where I thought about grabbing another one to make use of another sculpt or accessories, but usually I just do it for the trooper figures.

Just wanted another to display around the room, the collection room is in a WIP, so this will probably stay in the box for awhile anyway, but ordered it a few months back because I don't see Rex lasting in stock for too long.

Some people already getting shipping notices for their second Rex when others like me haven't even gotten their first. And from what it seems paying the remaining amount won't change anything. Mine still shows expecting to ship Nov-Dec 2021. Anyone know how much time has passed since the last batch of Rex's got shipped out from sideshow?

Last edited:
Some people already getting shipping notices for their second Rex when others like me haven't even gotten their first. And from what it seems paying the remaining amount won't change anything. Mine still shows expecting to ship Nov-Dec 2021. Anyone know how much time has passed since the last batch of Rex's got shipped out from sideshow?
Same here. I PO in October and still no word. I contacted them and all they said was they are filling orders now…

Back