1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Bad Batch - Echo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, did you guys not stop aging and developing mentally at age 11? Cuz if you didn't you all are weird! Stop buying toys you old farts!

Lol. That’s certainly what it seemed like. Never heard any comment like it.
On the topic of the figure I like the fact they went like Sideshow used to do and made the figure look more like he had appeared in a live action feature.
While I am not interested in purchasing this one, or the Rambo figure, I’d like to see how they deal with the big muscly dude. And also, if they get that far into the line, I reckon an Omega figure would look interesting if they use a real world look.
I haven’t been reading the thread much till now. Are we speculating on what might happen this season? Or is that as taboo as people in their forties buying new dollies?

Last edited:
Well, I’m in my mid-50s, and despite never seeing any of the animated shows, and disliking the prequels and sequels, I STILL POd this guy (because I thought he looked interesting enough — and disposable income), also both Ahsoka Tanos, Bo-Katan, and General Grievous. Guess I should beg for forgiveness for wasting my own money on things I have no vested interest in.

Echo's a proto Lobot(omite).

vlcsnap-2021-05-09-13h22m05s283.jpg

I just forced myself to start watching the series. Not an easy thing after hating their episodes in TCW, but the birth of the Empire and the dynamic of suddenly being outcasts is more interesting.

For the figure itself I definitely see the attraction, but I don't have any love for the Prequel era (apart from Solo). The Prequel era figures I have bought (Sideshow Maul 2.0 and HT Dooku) are pleasing to the eye but are devoid of any emotional attachment.

With Dooku I like to imagine he never died, and display him with ANH figures. Maul's an awkward one because he doesn't become relevant for me until Solo, by which time he has his robotic legs.

Aesthetically, the Bad Batch are the best looking Clones so far. They're unique, varied, rag tag and battle worn. With such uniqueness, and the fact that they're appearing right at the end of the Clone Wars it may be possible to see these as existing in a later period, and therefore not feel so out of place in the collection.

I guess I'm really trying to talk myself into buying Echo, and then naturally it'll be all the others. lol

Welp I finally joined the club and ordered my first Hot Toys. And it was this guy. I've been a fan of Echo for years so wasnt too hard of a decision at all, and with last weeks various codes and discounts and stuff I got about 30 bucks off. Cant wait til it comes.

I?m in my forties also and was always under the impression I could like new things as time went on. I didn?t realise there was a cut-off at some point in my youth where I was to stop enjoying stuff and I was only allowed to buy memorabilia from said youth and nothing newer.
Perhaps we could get a sanctioned list? Like when the cut-off date was? And we will save a lot of money, lol.

Haha. The children have this bonkers idea that they will tell their elders what fandoms they are and are not allowed to still enjoy, and if their directives are not followed, they will try various methods of shaming that usually worked super-well in eighth grade.

*side-eye* look, kiddos. That did not work on eighth grade me and it is DEF not working on me as an adult. I scorned your approval then, and I will scorn it now! I was in this fight before you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye: children, you may promptly get off my lawn.

Ah well, they are young and stupid and hopefully, with age will come wisdom. Or not.

Unusual it took a couple weeks for the prototypes to be displayed at secret base.

Maybe they had to wait to get them back from Sideshow's week long May 4th display?

Likely. I thought they'd have at least a couple available to them though. In recent convention seasons, it looked like they would have multiple to cover both Asian and US shows.

Likely. I thought they'd have at least a couple available to them though. In recent convention seasons, it looked like they would have multiple to cover both Asian and US shows.

When they're showing prototypes Sideshow sometimes say they have to be extra careful because it's the only one.

HT have shown so many new figures recently maybe they haven't made duplicates of everything?

Again. Very likely. Now, with all those prototypes finally returning to Secret base to be displayed, chances we get another Star Wars reveal this week are slimmer.

Are you older guys really buying all these animated Clone Wars era collectibles and actually watch the current shows and movies? These clone looks really silly to me. Rambo clone and Go-Go Gadget Clone. I just can?t see how people could be invested in a Star Wars that isn?t ?of their time? ya know? Like what you grew up with. I see a lot of old timers here that I posted with over a decade ago saying ?buying this?, ?getting that?, and I just don?t get it. How does this stuff appeal to someone that grew up with the Original Trilogy and/or the Prequel Trilogy.

I guess it?s just surprising to me that there are dudes in their 30s, 40s, 50s that are interested in owning things like ?Ashoka Tano?, ?Captain Rex?, ?Robot legs Maul and his yellow brother? and the ?Bad Batch?. Mandalorian I sort of get. It?s OT era themed with it?s aesthetics and ?adult?, but this baby ?animated style designed to look realistic? stuff, I just don?t get. It used to be this hobby had sentimental and nostalgia value attached to it. We bought what we bought because of the memories we had of it as kids. But how much nostalgia does an adult have for a 2, 3 year old modern show?

To each their own. I guess there really is a market for everything. My only gripe is, this influx of animated clone stuff has really buried the chances of companies doing the actual original FILM clone troopers.

Case in point, has Hot Toys even made a phase I Clone Trooper from Attack of the Clones? You know, the original white and black, T visored troops with the colored Captain, sergeant, lieutenant, commander ranks thrown in? Seems ludicrous to me that those haven?t been done yet. Hell, better yet, have Hot Toys even made any type of BATTLE DROIDS? You know, the actual enemies and combatants of the clone troopers?

It's not even a hot take to say that the Clone Wars series is better than pretty much all of the theatrical releases short of Empire. While I didn't watch the original trilogy in the theaters, I am in my late 30's and have been a huge Star Wars fan since I was a kid. I dismissed the Clone Wars during its original run, and only got into it a few years ago, and I can honestly say I have a deeper connection and admiration of the characters in that series than any of the movies.

Back