1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Bad Batch - Echo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tempted to cancel a 501st regular to warrant preorder of Echo.

or...order another 501st clone and order Echo.

GIF-Happy-joy-excited-Hugo-Weaving-Agent-Smith-The-Matrix-smile-smiling-Evil-smile-GIF.gif

It's not even a hot take to say that the Clone Wars series is better than pretty much all of the theatrical releases short of Empire. While I didn't watch the original trilogy in the theaters, I am in my late 30's and have been a huge Star Wars fan since I was a kid. I dismissed the Clone Wars during its original run, and only got into it a few years ago, and I can honestly say I have a deeper connection and admiration of the characters in that series than any of the movies.
Truth. The Clone Wars is fantastic. I love it, and I was one who for a long time disliked the prequels. That show went a long way towards making me appreciate those films a bit more, and fleshes out many characters who were underutilized or poorly written. The Bad Batch so far is a worthy sequel series.

I kind of want to get Echo, but we?ll see. Bad thing is if I get Echo then I?ll end up buying three (maybe four) more characters to complete the team (if Hot Toys makes them all).

Exactly how I feel, Mike. Well said.

The Clone Wars added a lot of substance to the Prequel Trilogy, especially in terms of character development.

If the Prequels were an sort of bland and strange tasting sandwich, The Clone Wars is a tasty pickle that makes it palatable.

It can be hard to get into the show and I understand why some are dismissive of it. I never recommend watching every episode the first time, and there are some mediocre and episodes. But when the show is good, it is some of the best Star Wars out there.

Truth. The Clone Wars is fantastic. I love it, and I was one who for a long time disliked the prequels. That show went a long way towards making me appreciate those films a bit more, and fleshes out many characters who were underutilized or poorly written. The Bad Batch so far is a worthy sequel series.

I kind of want to get Echo, but we?ll see. Bad thing is if I get Echo then I?ll end up buying three (maybe four) more characters to complete the team (if Hot Toys makes them all).

The Bad Batch has picked up where TCW finished, that is, on a high point with regards to the quality of the storytelling.

The era of the clones has never grabbed me. It's back story before things get interesting with the emergence of the likes of Han and Luke, but with Order 66 that back story feels more vital.

It's 19 BBY, and we know from Solo that by 13 BBY the Empire has classic Stormtroopers. So, visually, The Bad Batch is getting close to the period I want to collect.

Add to that Echo and his fellow defects wear armour that's heavily scratched, which makes them appear as though they could be years later than 19 BBY. The armour and helmets are also unique, so as a group they look pieced together as opposed to the more usual uniformity of clones. Therefore, they feel like they'll fit into the classic era. Echo also has that proto Lobot look.

All those considerations came together to convince me to order Echo. It's a rabbit hole I wasn't expecting to jump into, but he just looked so good.

Always good to see Clone Wars getting some love. Sure it has low points but overall its fantastic.

I try so hard to get people to watch it and they refuse simply because its animated :lol

The Clone Wars came out right when I was starting high school and “getting out of Star Wars.” So I immediately dismissed it. Then when I got over that, it took me until just recently to give it a go. I’m only on s3 so far, and...

M3AT.gif

The Clone Wars came out right when I was starting high school and ?getting out of Star Wars.? So I immediately dismissed it. Then when I got over that, it took me until just recently to give it a go. I?m only on s3 so far, and...

M3AT.gif

Just wait until Season 4 onwards, thats when the extra good stuff comes in.

I’ve never watched any of the SW cartoons before but I thought I’d check out The Bad Batch last night. Really enjoyed it! Definitely gonna pick them up as HT makes them.

HS looks fantastic pretty much I will have to display him holding his helmet instead.

Echo just looks incredible! Really enjoying the show, and hope they release the whole crew!

This last episode was cute. Not sure if I liked it or not because of the semi nostalgia or if it was too shoehorned in ?

Am definitely not liking the same Mando /Grogu parallels with Hunter and the girl. And the same approach as far as "you do this mission and I'll give you something". But I guess that's how bounty hunters work.

I guess there will be more important episodes along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know but after watching today episode suddenly reminded me of that Commander Wolffe and Gregor somehow also managed to remove their inhibitor chips, of course along with Rex and were the only three clones that stay alive until Rebels series. I have a strong feeling both Wolffe and Gregor will make appearances in the the Bad Batch one way or another.

I don't know but after watching today episode suddenly reminded me of that Commander Wolffe and Gregor somehow also managed to remove their inhibitor chips, of course along with Rex and were the only three clones that stay alive until Rebels series. I have a strong feeling both Wolffe and Gregor will make appearances in the the Bad Batch one way or another.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I’ve never watched any of the SW cartoons before but I thought I’d check out The Bad Batch last night. Really enjoyed it! Definitely gonna pick them up as HT makes them.
Coco, if you enjoyed Bad Batch then you'll definitely enjoy Clone Wars. It takes a couple of seasons to get going, but there are watch lists to reduce the number of fluff episodes. At this point a lot better than Bad Batch I'd say.

A much much better episode today than recent offerings. The most Clone Wars-feeling one of the lot so far. I've been bored sick watching the last few episodes, it really needed an injection of something, and today was promising.

Spoiler Spoiler:
They have the same scars as Rex, showing they had their chip removed at some point. Probably after meeting up with Rex as a precaution.

We don’t know what Wolffe and Gregor did or didn’t do during Order 66.

Good chance Gregor didn’t make it back to the Republic army before it went down. Wolffe may have executed the order. He had some PTSD when dealing with Kanan.

Wondering if Hot Toys will do the other members of the team or if we’ll end up only getting Echo. Starting to feel like one of those situations where Hot Toys won’t finish the line.

Back