Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both are great figures (ANH & RO Vader). I passed on the Rogue One version as already having the HT ANH version and both Sideshow versions (ANH & Deluxe ESB/ROTJ), as well as even the ROTJ Medicom. I love every version of Vader, and want to own them all. If he didn't sell out so quickly I probably would've caved in and bought him as well. But since the 2 are so similar, I don't feel Iv'e missed out on anything. I will be buying their ESB or ROTJ version when they make him.

But for me, if only being able to have one representation in my collection it would be the ANH version. Nothing could ever surpass my memory of seeing Vader walk out into the corridor on the big screen in 1977 as a 5 year old little boy. I was hooked for life. To me that is the Vader I will forever remember 1st and foremost.

My personal favorite rendition is his ANH look, so I stuck with my ANH Vader. The bulk of my SW collection centers around ANH, so that's another reason why I stuck with it. R1 Vader though is a cleaner look, has the better looking gloves and the bit better cape from what I hear (though I think the ANH cape is great and drapes well), so if you're just looking for a general representation, that's probably the better one.
I definitely like the ANH look a lot; hell, if I didn't I wouldn't have bought the ANH Vader. However, as said previously, for me it's about having the best figure of my favorite character currently out there, at least until they release an ESB version (my favorite movie). At the moment, it looks like that's the RO Vader, as from what I have seen it alleviates many of the ANH figure's issues (looks somewhat squat unless the codpiece is moved up, cape while great is slightly too long, tunic isn't too good, gloves aren't that great, etc).

I'm not someone who gets hung up on the small nuances of the costume (belt and chest boxes) and I similarly just wanted a great Vader figure. I've compared the two hot toys Vader's in hand and think the Rogue One figure is much better than the ANH figure. The proportions are much better, the Cape is better, the gloves are better and, if like me you prefer the gloss look of ESB and ROTJ over the matt ANH look, then the Rogue One figure nails it beautifully.

In my opinion it's the best Vader figure currently available, and I see no need to ever replace it as it 100% gives me the Vader look I've always wanted. They may tweak certain details on any future releases to make it more movie specific, or increase the extras included, but i can't really see how you could improve on the Rogue One vader in what I consider to be any meaningful way.

I'm not someone who gets hung up on the small nuances of the costume (belt and chest boxes) and I similarly just wanted a great Vader figure. I've compared the two hot toys Vader's in hand and think the Rogue One figure is much better than the ANH figure. The proportions are much better, the Cape is better, the gloves are better and, if like me you prefer the gloss look of ESB and ROTJ over the matt ANH look, then the Rogue One figure nails it beautifully.

In my opinion it's the best Vader figure currently available, and I see no need to ever replace it as it 100% gives me the Vader look I've always wanted. They may tweak certain details on any future releases to make it more movie specific, or increase the extras included, but i can't really see how you could improve on the Rogue One vader in what I consider to be any meaningful way.
Amen, brother. In love with mine.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

I have ANH version but would like to upgrade to RO belt. How tight is it for those who tried this out as the body is slimmer on RO.

Alright. Generally, is the RO figure superior? I like the little imperfections and so forth that HT replicated on their ANH Vader, but I am more attached to the character himself than a specific costume. If the Rogue One Vader's physical proportions and clothing, armor, and other accessories are better, then I might sell my ANH Vader to fund a purchase of the RO version.

For those who have had both figures, is this a recommended course of action? Will there be a second run of these, or for that matter any of the other Rogue One figures that sold out, such as the Stormtroopers?

Well, if you want a "screen accurate" ANH Vader, then the HT RO Vader doesn't work. There are many details that are obviously wrong for ANH. But if you just want a sort of "generic" Vader, then the RO version is far and away the best to me.

Well, if you want a "screen accurate" ANH Vader, then the HT RO Vader doesn't work. There are many details that are obviously wrong for ANH. But if you just want a sort of "generic" Vader, then the RO version is far and away the best to me.

:exactly:

Regardless of what the boxes say, both are good representations of ANH Vader, but neither is more accurate than the other with regards to screen accuracy. Each takes work to get it there.

IMG_2303.JPGIMG_2302.JPG

When I found out that RO Vader sold out and no the waiting list was gone. I
was pissed. But wasn’t going to pay 350 for one. So Hunted and hunted just
recently a week ago. I got one on ebay in the box for 180 plus
shipping. But before that I bought piece by piece at a reasonable
price. To what you see here. My dream has come true in find IMO the best
Vader body and suit .

Without further ado My recipes

Left to right

RO pure stock

ANH . RO body and suit chest box. Boots ,ANH shin guards . RO gloves ANH
helmet Tunic SSD. ANH Cod Piece

ESB. RO body and suit ,RO boots ,Cape Ro, SSD chest ,ANH belt, gloves are SSD

ROTJ. RO body and suit RO boots ,RO inner tunic .SSD shin guards mounted
on RO boots , SSD Chest, SSD Head ,SSD gloves , face mask SSD .

If I’m missing anything let me know.

Maybe If I put all the parts together might have 3 RO Vader’s.

Need some advice here.

I brought a R1 Vader off eBay a couple of days ago and he arrived today.

After taking him out of the box, a couple of things leapt out at me. While the box, gloves, sabre, etc all seem ok, the left tusk is unpainted and the inner robes are over the shoulder armour. There's also some scratches on the chest control panel and belt box.

Is this what a stock R1 Vader should be like, or have I been sold a R1 Vader with some ANH Vader parts?

Attachments

• IMG_2153.jpg
    IMG_2153.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_2154.jpg
    IMG_2154.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 295
Hmmm. After looking through the thread, this does seem to be a proper R1 Vader. Just got thrown off by the look, as I thought he was meant to be essentially an ESB/ROTJ Vader...

The tusk thing is fine, the robes over the armour isn't. Someone has surely modified that?

The tusk is just like that in ANH. Might have been battle damage. So are the scrapes on his control boxes.

Man, I love this figure. Its so... the power we're dealing with here is immeasurable!

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

I wonder with the film digitally released and the blu ray coming in a week. I wonder how people will feel about missing out on this version. Especially when we see that ending Vader vs Rebel's scene in HD and 4K :lol

Its a great looking figure for sure. I have the a new hope version and want an empire version. So I don't feel like I missed out by not picking this version up. I did pick up the gloves though.
I wonder with the film digitally released and the blu ray coming in a week. I wonder how people will feel about missing out on this version. Especially when we see that ending Vader vs Rebel's scene in HD and 4K :lol

Its a great looking figure for sure. I have the a new hope version and want an empire version. So I don't feel like I missed out by not picking this version up. I did pick up the gloves though.

Sure about that? that Vader scene in 4K quality might tempt you to reconsider :lol

Back