1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me its just anh and esb that are watchable. Even rotj is trash to me. Its nearly impossible to retcon and make previous stories better. Once a blunder is made its pretty much game over.

I did enjoy mando season 1 but wouldn't watch it again.

I watch bad movies as a hobby, but forget manos, or plan 9, the last Jedi is easily the worst.
As huge a fan of Star Wars as I am I always find it really interesting to take a step back and reflect that, objectively, Star Wars doesnt really have a lot of good content. ANH & Empire of course but Jedi is weak and honestly, Clone Wars put me to sleep.

For me its just anh and esb that are watchable. Even rotj is trash to me. Its nearly impossible to retcon and make previous stories better. Once a blunder is made its pretty much game over.

I did enjoy mando season 1 but wouldn't watch it again.

I watch bad movies as a hobby, but forget manos, or plan 9, the last Jedi is easily the worst.
Jabba the Hutt, Palps and speeder bike chase > entire Disney SW streaming+films combined

There’s aspects to most things in SW that are boring / not watchable.

While I enjoy the opening to ANH due to R2 & C-3PO, the Jawas put me to sleep, it’s similar to the extremely slow opening to 2001: A Space Odyssey, even though I love that film.

ESB is the most well rounded out of all the available media.

ROTJ could do without the weird Jabba palace scenes and just about all of the scenes on Endor, even though it’s visually appealing to look at, it’s boring and doesn’t make much sense. Boba Fett was a wasted character. Needs more Palpatine, Vader, Luke and Death Star. I always felt like after only seeing Palpatine via hologram throughout the trilogy, this final film should of spent a bit of time with him before killing him off, such a great character.

TPM & AOTC are unwatchable for me, young Anakin, Jar-Jar, the plot, very bland and exhausting, rewatchability wasn’t there for me even as a kid.

ROTS is overall pretty good, though I’ve always thought it should’ve been longer or split into two parts. Thankfully TCW helped fill the gap.

TCW is really good and some of the best media when its focus is on the various clone missions and Jedi & Sith conflict, but extremely boring at other times with the multiple filler episodes I would just skip entirely.

The sequel trilogy doesn’t exist, I walked out of the theater when Leia flew through space and didn’t watch TROS until a few years after it came out.

Can’t speak on the various D+ shows as I’ve never seen them.

Last edited:
TCW is really good and some of the best media when its focus is on the various clone missions and Jedi & Sith conflict, but extremely boring at other times with the multiple filler episodes I would just skip entirely.

The sequel trilogy doesn’t exist, I walked out of the theater when Leia flew through space and didn’t watch TROS until a few years after it came out.

Can’t speak on the various D+ shows as I’ve never seen them.
I do need to give TCW another viewing. I watch most of it but stopped about 2 seasons short of finishing. I remember at the time being really bored with all the Mandalor stuff but that to me was the best part of The Mandelorian. On that note I really dont understand the hate The Mandalorian gets? Even season 3. Kept me entertained throughout and is what got me started collecting Hot Toys.
I enjoyed Force Awakens. Maybe I was just starved for some new Star Wars? Last Jedi has its moments but I agree that ROS is absolute garbage. They should have just let Colin Trevorrow make is movie instead of letting Abrams ruin it like he did.

What makes the filler episodes worse is that they are all stretched out over 2 or 3 sometimes 4 episodes back to back. So somehow you find yourself halfway through a season and you’ve only completed 2 or 3 episodes. With that said though, the episodes that aren’t filler are absolutely some of the best SW content made.

I've been a Star Wars fan since the early 90's but could never get on board with TCW. Had the same tonal whiplast as TPM or ROTS, having fairly serious scenes diluted by children's slapstick. I'm led to believe the later seasons are much better but I've never found a good jumping in point.

I actually think the animation in TCW is much better than the 2003 version, and most animation out today. Where they really lost me is the animation style they went with for Rebels and anything after. I much prefer live action but I do like TCW, old Pixar, Disney, and Tim Burton works.

Bad Batch has amazing animation.
They’re very similar right? Any style close to TCW is a win, Rebels just veered too far away in style for me, Vader looked weird. He looked fantastic at the end of TCW, wish we got a few more episodes at the end with him and Rex but it’s understandable why we didn’t.

TCW has zero filler episodes. They're all good or decent or watchable.
IMG_8088.jpeg

Back