Action Figure Hot Toys - Quarter Scale 1/4 The Mandalorian and The Child (Deluxe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I ended up having to completely strip and sand the armor due to the failed Graphite method. In the end I decided to go with the Rustoleum Chrome spray and I kinda wished I had done that in the first place. Or not touched it at all, honestly.

The pauldrons have a bit of texture to them and the helmet has a slight gouge next to the visor. At this point I figure I’ll just cut my losses, weather this up a bit and call it a day. It looks good from a distance and I guess that’s good enough for now.

View attachment 646534View attachment 646535View attachment 646536View attachment 646537
View attachment 646538

Solid attempt at painting up the armor! It was certainly brave of you to go through with it, I know I’d be a bit squeamish :lol

I'm tempted to get this from Popcultcha as $300 total for him is a steal. I'd have to get the beskar armor polished however.

I'm tempted to get this from Popcultcha as $300 total for him is a steal. I'd have to get the beskar armor polished however.

revenge of the sith GIF by Star Wars

Dew ettt!! 🤭

So I ended up having to completely strip and sand the armor due to the failed Graphite method. In the end I decided to go with the Rustoleum Chrome spray and I kinda wished I had done that in the first place. Or not touched it at all, honestly.

The pauldrons have a bit of texture to them and the helmet has a slight gouge next to the visor. At this point I figure I’ll just cut my losses, weather this up a bit and call it a day. It looks good from a distance and I guess that’s good enough for now.

View attachment 646534View attachment 646535View attachment 646536View attachment 646537

View attachment 646538
Its been a while since I visit the thread and Man... You do have some beskar balls.

I abandoned the idea a long Time ago, (after seen the expensive alclad failing like a cheap acrilic paint) 🤣

I do have some experience in painting and using the airbrush but I just couldnt achive the chrome I was looking for, so I leave the hot toys paint job... but dont get me wrong I do recognize a good paint job when I see It and what hot toys did on the armor in this scale its really masterfully done and with a lot of detail even In the weathering.

After S3 I lost all interest in the char and in the figure but still have my alclad sh1t so probably gonna a get a cheap modelkit and try again

Its been a while since I visit the thread and Man... You do have some beskar balls.

I abandoned the idea a long Time ago, (after seen the expensive alclad failing like a cheap acrilic paint) 🤣

I do have some experience in painting and using the airbrush but I just couldnt achive the chrome I was looking for, so I leave the hot toys paint job... but dont get me wrong I do recognize a good paint job when I see It and what hot toys did on the armor in this scale its really masterfully done and with a lot of detail even In the weathering.

After S3 I lost all interest in the char and in the figure but still have my alclad sh1t so probably gonna a get a cheap modelkit and try again
Ehhh… it didn’t turn out the best. I’m not too happy with the results but at this point there’s not much I can do about it. I’ve looked for replacement armor but no one seems to be parting this one out. I found a guy who sells 3D printed armor but I’m afraid I’d be back to square one with that.

I agree, I think the stock armor paint is good, and am happy with it as is. Though certainly an upgraded paint job would elevate the figure for sure.

I ordered the 1/4 scale Mando & Child with the goal of customizing it towards my favourite look - Mandalorian Season 1 pre-Beskar :)

Attachments

• Mando_01.jpg
    Mando_01.jpg
    677.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Mando_02.jpg
    Mando_02.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Mando_03.jpg
    Mando_03.jpg
    771.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Mando_04.jpg
    Mando_04.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Mando_05.jpg
    Mando_05.jpg
    723.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Mando_06.jpg
    Mando_06.jpg
    772.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Mando_07.jpg
    Mando_07.jpg
    776.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Mando_08.jpg
    Mando_08.jpg
    984.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Mando_09.jpg
    Mando_09.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 0
I ordered the 1/4 scale Mando & Child with the goal of customizing it towards my favourite look - Mandalorian Season 1 pre-Beskar :)

Just spectacular!! Most impressive :clap:clap:clap:thud::thud::thud:

I fathomed some would convert this one to the OG look, and wow!

As stated before, it would have been better for HT to make this version first, and then the Beskar with shinier armor after! (IMO)

Last edited:
That's awesome! Great work on the printing and painting! 😉👍

And I agree with @Zurdo95D and @Chamberlian, its my fav Mando look. Should have been released with this OG version from the beginning!

Popcultcha have two in stock listings for the Deluxe at the moment, a battery complaint version and an international version only, which is half their retail price.

IMG_7849.jpeg

Fantastic work 👌

I tried alclad again but on the modelkit , still not happy and Ill probably gonna need a second 1/4 mando If I want to repaint It 😅

Attachments

• IMG_20230830_221643.jpg
    IMG_20230830_221643.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230830_221142.jpg
    IMG_20230830_221142.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
I'm super close to pulling the trigger on this! As much as I love the Chrome 1/6 scale, this one just hits on almost all the right spots. I'd grab the chrome if Grogu had soft goods, but the fully sculpted Grogu just doesn't look right to me mixed with a soft good Mando. And with the current deals on the deluxe, it's hard not to. Though I'd likely get the standard since the deluxe base is too much.

Either I'll grab the deal or continue to wait for a better 1/6 scale with soft goods Grogu.....

Last edited:
Thanks MyenShi. That's correct, the clear coat appears intact and retains a smooth finish and shine, while the silver paint is giving off a corse metallic look when the light is positioned above the figure. Like it is in my display cab.

New replacement chest armor installed on Mando (left). Original defective chest armor on the (right).

View attachment 621337

[Edit...] It's very strange indeed. Some angles of lighting may not show the issue if the light comes from a front direct angle. So, this could be elusive to the eyes at first. But, my pics are simply taken by standing right n front of the figure as are seen, quite close to the figure.

I have emailed Sideshow, and received a customer service denial response. I'll be contacting them via phone as a follow up.
Mine is JUST like this. It almost looks like there is dust or little fibers on it. I cannot figure it out and it is driving me insane. All the weathering has faded off of mine. I need to find someone that can do the armor in chrome.

Back