Hot Toys - Prey: Feral Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naru is one figure where they’d have to use their new rooted hair material/technique. It’d look horrible with sculpted hair and there’d be no movement in the head whatsoever.

I’m more interested in buying her than I am the Predator. Although I’d definitely buy him to pair up with her.

Yeah I reckon her hair length would warrant rooted/faux hair. Though (for myself) I wouldn’t mind sculpted either.

Feral Predator on display at ACGHK. Looks great! Funny seeing a new Predator from Hot Toys. Didn't think we ever would.

MqK8QUD.png
DaAj1IX.png

So the dreads are wired now? And they look melted together? I like it and dislike it at the same time, really hyped for this figure, I really love the look of the diorama base. I want it to sell good so hot toys comes with more Preds, makes no sense why they stopped.

Not to sound like I'm bitching...but I will anyways lol

Why are we going backwards Hot Toys? I'm fine with elbows and knee joints but a whole body split in 2023? That's some cleaner kit stuff. Also going from full rubber to sculpted dreads is just....well disappointing. Almost like an oversized NECA figure at this point.
1690449467289.png

But in the end, it's better than nothing

I’m torn. The body doesn’t bother me too much (perhaps because all of my other Predators have a similar body). The dreads on the other hand somewhat bother me, they look very dynamic now, more so than any other Predator I have, but it also limits the poses he can go in. If he’s not in an attack pose, like the one shown, he will look odd and out of place. Overall, I’ll probably get him because it’s been entirely too long since I’ve gotten a new Predator figure!

Torn as well. I can understand why they had to sculpt these ultra-thin dreads in clumps (would've been hundreds of individual rubber hairs otherwise), but sculpting them waving in the air will make them stand out next to the other Predator figures. Then again, the clumps might've been more obvious if they were hanging straight down in a softer rubber.

Not bothered by the diaphragm joint.

This looks pretty cool overall. My least favorite Predator design by far, but I never thought I'd see Hot Toys tackle another one of these. Nothing's set in stone until the preorder goes up, though.

I still think Naru would've been the better figure. They'd knock her out of the park and somehow I can see her displaying better next to my Winston-style Preds than this potato-headed lad.

I'm not surprised that the body isn't seamless. Keep in mind that this is the first Predator figure we've gotten that actually has torso articulation. :lol

I don't expect Hot Toys to care about Predators THAT much after all this time. I'll take it.

Last edited:
Not to sound like I'm bitching...but I will anyways lol

Why are we going backwards Hot Toys? I'm fine with elbows and knee joints but a whole body split in 2023? That's some cleaner kit stuff. Also going from full rubber to sculpted dreads is just....well disappointing. Almost like an oversized NECA figure at this point.
View attachment 652092

But in the end, it's better than nothing
Exactly my thought. It looks like a giant NECA figure. Oh dear.
I was curious how an attempt at a Predator figure from current Hot Toys would look given how long it's been since we got a Pred figure from them. Now we know. Big NECA toy.

I actually like it..... even from these low-quality photos....
The joints don't bother me because all the other Preds have them, I think the dreadlocks look really dynamic and cool.
And the look with the Bone Mask is awesome.
Deffo gonna buy this.

At a low enough resolution, everything 'just looks like a NECA figure'. ;) How about some high quality imagery.

View attachment 652189
View attachment 652188

Oh WOW. THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!!!
Thanks for sharing those high quality photos - it looks amazing here.

Back