Hot Toys OT Star Wars 1/6: your biggest want?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you desire most?

• Total voters
And don't forget this...
Leia_luke_kiss.jpg

I don't own it, but that 3PO is gorgeous. Could HT actually improve on it?
For my money, no. I love the Tamashii as a fine art toy and representation of 3PO. For me it transcends the usual scramble to ditch an older version of one of these figures in favour of the newest iteration coming down the pike. That said, I'd expect HT's 3PO to maybe equal it (as long as they don't misfire, somehow -- there's lots of ways to get 3PO wrong and HT can sometimes miss critical details). Some people might prefer it if it's weathered, smaller pistons, etc. If HT's is a home run and weathered to differentiate it from Tamashii's, I could see picking it up. Hard to rationalize a clean version purchase, though, unless I just have money to burn at the time and simply want it for the sake of it. Of course, they'll probably make it a two-pack with exclusive accessories and that might be tough to resist. :(

Not completely, but a lot more than what HT is doing with Iron Man or RoboCop. Just really tough to see even HT matching Tamashii's overall quality and detail unless they also go for a similarly high MSRP ($350.00 - $400.00). It seems to have been a debacle for Tamashii, though, with the figures getting steeply discounted, along with some presumably expensive QC issues, so I'll be surprised if HT goes that route.

Regardless, there's a simple equation here and it's Hot Toys + Star Wars = Vader. :lecture

Yeah, I'm with the majority. If HT are going all out with Star Wars then my biggest want is Vader.

I really don't understand this - the last Sideshow Vader is unbeatable. I can't think of anything HT could do to make it better.

Voted for Leia since I could conceive of buying her even if I buy nothing else from Star Wars. To complete the holy trinity of cool female characters in sci-fi. The other two being Ripley and Sarah Connor.

Yes - HT has shown they can do stuff the SSC wouldn't even try (like Chewie) - let's see them do a slave Leia. They've experimented with rubberskin bodies for females before - let's see them perfect it.

I really don't understand this - the last Sideshow Vader is unbeatable. I can't think of anything HT could do to make it better.

Yes - HT has shown they can do stuff the SSC wouldn't even try (like Chewie) - let's see them do a slave Leia. They've experimented with rubberskin bodies for females before - let's see them perfect it.

I already tried to find the answer to that question myself ten pages back and got nowhere. Sideshow Vader is perfect but majority here can not quite provide a definitive answer to why they want a Hot Toys Vader. TO me making Vader as one of the first characters would just be a waste because SSC Vader will not be matched. Hopefully since the two stormtroopers were made Hot Toys were thinking those could be paired with the SSC Vader.

I already tried to find the answer to that question myself ten pages back and got nowhere.

This question was answered several times, so you're not really looking. But that's understandable. Don't really want to bother answering again just for it to be disregarded again and asked in another 10 pages. Those that are happy with their SS Vader should rejoice -- they have a perfact Vader and can now move on to other pieces.

I wish I could.

This question was answered several times, so you're not really looking. But that's understandable. Don't really want to bother answering again just for it to be disregarded again and asked in another 10 pages. Those that are happy with their SS Vader should rejoice -- they have a perfact Vader and can now move on to other pieces.

I wish I could.

Huh, the only answer I saw was from Jack Bauer, no one else. Then again I do not spend every day and every night checking this site like you, so it is understandable.

Even the admin does not get an answer, wow.

In order to recreate this scene, you'd need an updated Bespin Han though. Best would be a Han/Leia 2-Pack release.

Since this is the exact pose we'd all put them in I'm sure everyone would be happy with a 1/6 scale statue of these two locking lips instead of figures.

Strange that I happen to come into this thread today, a thread I am by no means frequenting, and find a post of mine from a few weeks back being quoted.

With not currently owning any Vader figure I know from my personal opinion that the choice is currently either to buy the SS Vader or wait patiently for a HT Vader. Whilst the SS Vader is a good figure I've read numerous improvements that could be made to the figure and I'm by no means prepared to mod it like many have on here to make the figure perfect. It's kind of a no-brainer to wait and see HT's Vader offering.

What are these "numerous improvements." Besides the figure is already good. If some of you look at it and can not see the definitive Vader then man you guys stress over the wrong things.

At this point I am hoping Hot Toys Vader is released in 2018 to just see people cry and complain over the wait when they could of had an acceptable Vader figure already. Either way, I see a lot of people on the Hot Toys bandwagon....

What are these "numerous improvements." Besides the figure is already good. If some of you look at it and can not see the definitive Vader then man you guys stress over the wrong things.

Why is there a whole thread titled 1/6 ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread with 616 posts in it if the figure is that perfect then? :dunno

At this point I am hoping Hot Toys Vader is released in 2018 to just see people cry and complain over the wait when they could of had an acceptable Vader figure already. Either way, I see a lot of people on the Hot Toys bandwagon....

I look forward to seeing him released next year and seeing how many people buy him regardless. :wave

Why is there a whole thread titled 1/6 ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread with 616 posts in it if the figure is that perfect then? :dunno

I look forward to seeing him released next year and seeing how many people buy him regardless. :wave

1. The mod makes Vader look stiff and is crap.
2. I would be surprised if Vader was released next year.

Still though, a modification thread proves that a) collectors are still after that 'perfect' Vader figure and b) there's still a demand for another Vader figure if it's an improvement on what's on the market already.

So, what about all the people who did not mod there already perfect Vader? What about those people? You can not sit here and tell me of the 100 people who modded there Vader are the majority? Majority of people who bought Vader did not mod him, telling me that SSC Vader is the definitive Vader and there is no need for another.

So, what about all the people who did not mod there already perfect Vader? What about those people? You can not sit here and tell me of the 100 people who modded there Vader are the majority? Majority of people who bought Vader did not mod him, telling me that SSC Vader is the definitive Vader and there is no need for another.

There's a whole world outside this forum. Doesn't really matter what goes on in here.

I imagine Hot Toys dominates the Asian market ahead of Sideshow in terms of 1/6 scale figures...

Back