Hot Toys OT Star Wars 1/6: your biggest want?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you desire most?

• Total voters
There's a whole world outside this forum. Doesn't really matter what goes on in here.

I imagine Hot Toys dominates the Asian market ahead of Sideshow in terms of 1/6 scale figures...

So if it does not matter what goes on in here, then that modification thread is pointless. Why contradict yourself? First you say the modification thread shows the need for a more perfect Vader and now you say it does not really matter what goes on in here. So by using your logic, there is no need for another Vader, glad you agree.

So if it does not matter what goes on in here, then that modification thread is pointless. Why contradict yourself? First you say the modification thread shows the need for a more perfect Vader and now you say it does not really matter what goes on in here. So by using your logic, there is no need for another Vader, glad you agree.

Not really, all I was saying that there was still a demand, even if it's only 10 or 20 people, it's still a demand and a select few people would buy it. :wave

I'm sure we will see an HT Vader, soon, but it'll be the ANH version. :D I bet HT ESB/ROTJ is 3 - 5 years away. For sure some of us would buy HT's effort, even if we're generally happy with SSC's, but many more wouldn't bother. (And honestly, regardless of what nitpickers like VDJ have to say about it, in-hand, SSC's Vader is awesome. Aside from the height and marginally better suit material or helmet, there is not much HT could do to improve it.) I just can't see what upside there is for HT releasing an ESB version when the market for that iteration is pretty well saturated with SSC's stuff. Better to sell a boatload of ANH versions that will be a significant upgrade and save ESB for down the road.

Considering I can not find a Boba Fett for a decent price, I would buy a Hot Toys Fett if he got made.

Majority of people who bought Vader did not mod him, telling me that SSC Vader is the definitive Vader and there is no need for another.

You don't really know that either. I'm sure there were many people who picked up ANH Vader thinking it was definitive. Or the old Hasbro 12", thinking it was definitive for its time. And maybe it was for its time. Just like you say about the new SSC one. But times change.

There's always room for improvement.

I really don't understand this - the last Sideshow Vader is unbeatable. I can't think of anything HT could do to make it better.

Oh come on man, seriously. :rotfl :lol

Huh, the only answer I saw was from Jack Bauer, no one else. Then again I do not spend every day and every night checking this site like you, so it is understandable.

Even the admin does not get an answer, wow.

"Unbeatables" Vs. "Nitpickers":lol

It's 1000% obvious HT WILL release a Vader within 18 months (and it won't be that much more than the SSC V2.) Then let the side-by-sides begin.

I just can't see what upside there is for HT releasing an ESB version when the market for that iteration is pretty well saturated with SSC's stuff.

A new Star Wars movie hugely increases the demand for a high-end Vader figure, whether some version of Vader is seen in the new movie or not. Though it'll be ANH first, given HT's penchant for reissues, we'll get ANH and ESB versions (they're different enough.) A new "Star Wars mania" is just around the corner.

Regardless, there's a simple equation here and it's Hot Toys + Star Wars = Vader. :lecture

Yeah, I'm with the majority. If HT are going all out with Star Wars then my biggest want is Vader.

You don't really know that either. I'm sure there were many people who picked up ANH Vader thinking it was definitive. Or the old Hasbro 12", thinking it was definitive for its time. And maybe it was for its time. Just like you say about the new SSC one. But times change.

There's always room for improvement.

I'd be the first to admit there were problems with SSC's ANH Vader. The existence of a mod thread doesn't make the commercial figure inferior, it just shows some people can NEVER be happy. Look at the insane things being done in the name of Ledger Joker.

But the point is moot, I probably shouldn't have brought it up - with HT doing Stormtroopers they've demonstrated they don't care what SSC has done and done well, it can be assured that Vader will be on the top of their list.

A new Star Wars movie hugely increases the demand for a high-end Vader figure, whether some version of Vader is seen in the new movie or not. Though it'll be ANH first, given HT's penchant for reissues, we'll get ANH and ESB versions (they're different enough.) A new "Star Wars mania" is just around the corner.
I'm sure we will see HT ESB Vader... eventually. No way within 18 months, though. I'd bet on that. HT and SSC have some sort of understanding, I'm sure (they've said as much). HT teasing or putting up for pre-order an ESB version before SSC's edition has run its course and long been sold out would have to interpreted as unfriendly by SSC. Honestly, I'd hope SSC wouldn't even distribute it if that's the case. Beyond that, it's just bad business. Most people consider SSC's $250.00 Vader "high-end" and are not chomping at the bit for an immediate HT reissue.

Considering the SSC Fett's is perfect then a HT Fett would just be a waste.

I see what you are trying to do, no need to be ignorant towards me. SSC Fett is a great figure. I would be happy to add a new one to my collection. But since new ones run $350 on ebay I have no need to spend that much. I will wait for prices to come down or wait till Hot Toys makes one. Now with Vader, you can buy him brand new from SSC for $250, which I did. A perfect figure for a great price. I have no need to wait for Vader since I have him already. Many of you too could have a great Vader now but want to wait for the $400 HT Vader.

I'm sure we will see HT ESB Vader... eventually. No way within 18 months, though. I'd bet on that. HT and SSC have some sort of understanding, I'm sure (they've said as much). HT teasing or putting up for pre-order an ESB version before SSC's edition has run its course and long been sold out would have to interpreted as unfriendly by SSC. Honestly, I'd hope SSC wouldn't even distribute it if that's the case. Beyond that, it's just bad business. Most people consider SSC's $250.00 Vader "high-end" and are not chomping at the bit for an immediate HT reissue.

:goodpost: Everyone will be waiting a couple years for a HT Vader. As I said before, 2018 for Vader to be released with a $400 price is my guess... :rotfl

with HT doing Stormtroopers they've demonstrated they don't care what SSC has done and done well, it can be assured that Vader will be on the top of their list.

Not so much that they "don't care" -- as if being malicious -- but simply if you're going to get the STAR WARS license you're gonna want to make VADER (and stormtroopers). And you're not really going to wait.

Who says there has to be a limit of Vader offerings in 1/6th?

Hell, Sideshow never cleared a path for Medicom's Vader.

Don't think SSC had the sort of relationship w/Medicom that they have with HT. I find the idea of an HT ESB/ROTJ Vader in the next 24 months ludicrous, but we'll see. The Stormtroopers is actually a good example of HT not being obnoxious to SSC. It's been 5 or 6 years since SSC made them, IIRC -- same with ANH Vader.

Yeah, they're completely different iterations with a ton of differences that are obvious to fans. Plus, it will be a huge upgrade. ESB would be a marginal upgrade. HT themselves said they'd only bother reissuing SSC stuff if the differences would be significant.

I see what you are trying to do, no need to be ignorant towards me. SSC Fett is a great figure. I would be happy to add a new one to my collection. But since new ones run $350 on ebay I have no need to spend that much. I will wait for prices to come down or wait till Hot Toys makes one. Now with Vader, you can buy him brand new from SSC for $250, which I did. A perfect figure for a great price. I have no need to wait for Vader since I have him already. Many of you too could have a great Vader now but want to wait for the $400 HT Vader.

So you missed out on a figure that was available 12 months ago... you could always wait til the December reissue.

So you missed out on a figure that was available 12 months ago... you could always wait til the December reissue.

That is what I am planning to do. Once those are released price will go down and hopefully I get one.

Back