Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the "briefs" on the Mark 4 are the rubber material. Haven't opened mine up yet.

From what I saw last night and felt it doesn't appear to be. However if there is rubber in there it is A LOT less then before. I didn't notice it. I will double check when I get home tonight and look again. Can anyone else here confirm in the mean time?

From what I saw last night and felt it doesn't appear to be. However if there is rubber in there it is A LOT less then before. I didn't notice it. I will double check when I get home tonight and look again. Can anyone else here confirm in the mean time?

Unfortunately, yes, it's of the same flexible "plastic" or rubber but less on MarkIV.

Unfortunately, yes, it's of the same flexible "plastic" or rubber but less on MarkIV.

Well at least it is less. I didn't even notice it. I'm bumbed out now that the potential is still there for a future problem. Hopefully they still learned from the past when they made the MK IV and applied the paint differently to prevent fading.

Yeah, that flexible plastic/rubber or whatever it is on the Mk.IV seems to be the same material used for the abdomen of the Mk.III BD.

We can only hope HT used different techniques to minimize fading issues.

yet both of mine I got since early release through Toys2 and displayed ever since have shown no signs of fading? I would seriously recommend to any of you to look into your setup.
I can't imagine my windows being treated for UV filtering though the house is 8yrs new but no direct sunlight nor spotlight gets to any of my figures throughout the day.
Can't imagine mine was made any different or better

yet both of mine I got since early release through Toys2 and displayed ever since have shown no signs of fading? I would seriously recommend to any of you to look into your setup.
I can't imagine my windows being treated for UV filtering though the house is 8yrs new but no direct sunlight nor spotlight gets to any of my figures throughout the day.
Can't imagine mine was made any different or better

I don't know the pattern for sure. Mine was displayed on a shelf not near any window. Others here have stated that theirs faded just being in the box unopened so not sure what the problem is and what causes it. Mine isn't as bad as others have said or shown here but time will tell.

the fading is certainly fact, how it happens is uncertain and that one case out of he box seems rather uncharacteristic and needs clarification e.g. maybe it was a displayed model he picked up from eBay or GoHasting etc? I would not quite use that to dismiss any theories just yet without more clarification.
oh is the fading in everyone's MIIIBD uniform back and front? If there are exceptions and different levels of fading occurs then it is likely an external factor e.g. light. If it is fading evenly in all cases then it's in internal factor e.g. chemical. The only part that is then hard to explain is why are there cases where it is not fading at all :(
This is as much of a mystery as the leaky rubber on DX02

the fading is certainly fact, how it happens is uncertain and that one case out of he box seems rather uncharacteristic and needs clarification e.g. maybe it was a displayed model he picked up from eBay or GoHasting etc? I would not quite use that to dismiss any theories just yet without more clarification.
oh is the fading in everyone's MIIIBD uniform back and front? If there are exceptions and different levels of fading occurs then it is likely an external factor e.g. light. If it is fading evenly in all cases then it's in internal factor e.g. chemical. The only part that is then hard to explain is why are there cases where it is not fading at all :(
This is as much of a mystery as the leaky rubber on DX02

Yeah fortunately for me I missed that fiasco with the leaky rubber on DK. I bought one later from a second shipment that the issue was corrected. Either that or I just got lucky.

With the MK III's I think the problem is happening on the MK III's and the MK III's BD. More people have stated the BD version though on here. In some cases it is the torso and others it is the briefs area. On mine, the color has changed by the brief area. Yes it is all the way around too which tells me it is a defect of some kind. Otherwise like you said if it was due to light you would think the front would be faded but not the back. :dunno

we could always put some granny pannies on them to prevent it. No thongs for sure or he'll get the bikini line.

I can't tell on mine, as I had him in the box forever and just recently took him out.

we could always put some granny pannies on them to prevent it. No thongs for sure or he'll get the bikini line.

I can't tell on mine, as I had him in the box forever and just recently took him out.

Yeah on mine you can tell more when it is in brighter light. Then you can see that it is a lighter red than the rest. However some people have posted pics on here of that area turning almost gray. Mine isn't that bad at least not yet. If you look at the pics I posted earlier in ths thread of my MK III BD with the RDJ head on it you can take a look and see that it isn't alarmingly bad but I'm worried that it will get worse over time.

no fading on mine yet! had it since release in a sealed detolf away from sunlight and lamps/house lighting.

no fading on mine yet! had it since release in a sealed detolf away from sunlight and lamps/house lighting.

Same here. Iv'e bought my figure when it first released from toys2 and since then, there is not sign of fading. I hope this wont be an issue for me in the future:pray:

I kinda wish I didn't review this thread again. I just checked mine and it is slightly faded. I probably wouldn't even have noticed until I read all this, but oh well.

I just recently got mine brand new in December from the recent Sideshow "warehouse find". And I only removed it once from the box, so the deterioration was always there.

I kinda wish I didn't review this thread again. I just checked mine and it is slightly faded. I probably wouldn't even have noticed until I read all this, but oh well.

I just recently got mine brand new in December from the recent Sideshow "warehouse find". And I only removed it once from the box, so the deterioration was always there.
Same here. Got mine new in unopened box just a few days before Christmas.
The fade was already there. :(

the fade was inevitable due to the base of the abdomen is made of rubber... i think they use the same paint on both rubber and plastic area...

the fade was inevitable due to the base of the abdomen is made of rubber... i think they use the same paint on both rubber and plastic area...

I wonder why the rubber makes the paint fade whereas the plastic does not? Does anyone know why? Does this mean that if we repaint the rubber section(s), it will eventually fade again?

i think the paint .... is for plastic... and not for rubber.... but not sure hehehe it fades though

I got mine from the "find" as well, but I dont see any fading on mine.

Back