Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I can't help but feel some folks don't know about it and would prefer their Thor to be a bit more bulky looking. That was one of the issues we saw on the initial pics.

You should see me when I see folks putting their Battle Cat helmet on incorrectly! :D

Oh I wedge that cape it real good and tight so it doesn't pop off.

But you are dead right about the wings on the helmet making things difficult to post.
I do not have the stones to do the helmet mod.

Yeah that's why i brought a spare off Darren just in case :)

https://www.collectablekitbash.co.uk/thor.html

The helm mod is done well and really adds alot to the look of Thor.
I get a real Pitt/Achilles vibe from him with the better looking helm.

get a firm grasp on it and just shove until it can't go in any deeper...

now THAT is what she really said. lol Just last night ahahah.

Yeah i think it looks good compared to the movie poster.

thor_poster17.jpg

P10302601024x768.jpg

It really does look better, and gives more clearance to the bottom of the helmet. One of my biggest gripes, is as you guys say...the helmet and the collar get in the way of each other. Man I wish I had a dremel, and an extra helmet. I just moved north, and left all my tools at my parent's house. I'd try it with just the one helmet, but I'm not sure what I'd use besides the dremel. Plus the plastic seems so flimsy...I don't know if it'd be a good idea to try without a back-up. It's not like I couldn't eventually get a back up...but it might take awhile since I just dropped so much money on figures last week. It's going to take awhile to build up my ___-off money again.

Last edited:
Here's the helmet mod on mine which Magnuz showed us originally.

When i took the wings off i slid my thumb between the helmet and wing and slowly applied pressure until it popped off. I went between doing the top and bottom like that until i heard the glue crack. After that i dremelled down as much of the peg and the platform itself so the wings sat flush against the helmet. Take your time doing that as you dont want to slip with a dremel. Here's how they look at 1st and soz i forgot to take a dremelled piccie.

P10302541024x768.jpg

P10302591024x768.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I knew there was something that was bothering me about the shape of the helmet and that was it.

After I popped the wings off, I just shaved a little off the side of the peg instead of trimming the peg and platform off. Then I just plugged the wings back into the hole in the helmet. It can't be angled to set as flush to the face but that way they don't have to be glued on and can be returned to the original position if needed.

p1060006k.jpg

p1060008m.jpg

Yeah you can do it that way but i wanted them flush to the helmet, but your way still looks much better anyway and the plastic is soft enough to cut with a knife nps:)

Yeah, I may eventually trim them down to sit flush like yours as I like how that looks but like you said is still looks much better than stock and allows for improved movement.

Here's the helmet mod on mine which Magnuz showed us originally.

When i took the wings off i slid my thumb between the helmet and wing and slowly applied pressure until it popped off. I went between doing the top and bottom like that until i heard the glue crack. After that i dremelled down as much of the peg and the platform itself so the wings sat flush against the helmet. Take your time doing that as you dont want to slip with a dremel. Here's how they look at 1st and soz i forgot to take a dremelled piccie.

P10302541024x768.jpg

P10302521024x768.jpg

P10302511024x768.jpg

unmodded

P10302641024x768.jpg

modded

P10302601024x768.jpg

unmodded

P10302651024x768.jpg

modded

P10302591024x768.jpg

P10302631024x768.jpg

P10302611024x768.jpg

P10302561024x768.jpg

Did you glue the wings back on where the pegholes are?

Alright, so I went ahead and did the helmet mod with no back-up.

Worked out nicely. I'm diggin the look a whole lot more now. It actually looks like his helmet is functional and capable of protecting his face. Even though Thor really needs no protection 'cause he's a bad___.

Also really digging the clearance the mod creates between the bottom of the Helm and collar.

Big thanks to the guys (Magnuz and Crimsonbob) who posted pictures of this mod, and inspired me. :clap:hi5::yess:

Last edited:
Alright, so I went ahead and did the helmet mod with no back-up.

Worked out nicely. I'm diggin the look a whole lot more now. It actually looks like his helmet is functional and capable of protecting his face. Even though Thor really needs no protection 'cause he's a bad___.

Also really digging the clearance the mod creates between the bottom of the Helm and collar.

Big thanks to the guys who posted pictures of this mod, and inspired me. :clap:hi5::yess:

:horror:horror:horror

Lol...I'm good like that.

Guess it comes from rebuilding cars since I was little or something...

maybe my time with all the mods I've done on HT Preds...

I show no fear! lol

Plus this mod really is quite simple. I spent more time worrying how hard it might be than actually doing it. The wings pop out with little to no force, and I just wittled away at the pegs with an exacto knife untill the were small enough to rotate inside the hole, then I lined up the wings the way I wanted and applied super-glue. If I had a decent camera I'd post a picture, but alas I am a "poor" college student who would rather spend my extra cash on the figures and video games.

5920327185_c86582df74_b.jpg

5920892406_20a6257267_b.jpg

so I did the mod also, I think it looks even, wouldn't mind a second opinion though...

anyway since i didn't have a dremel, i used sandpaper and even though it did scratch the paint off near the peg and platform, it was not at all noticeable once i reattached the wings to the helmet

5920327185_c86582df74_b.jpg

5920892406_20a6257267_b.jpg

so I did the mod also, I think it looks even, wouldn't mind a second opinion though...

anyway since i didn't have a dremel, i used sandpaper and even though it did scratch the paint off near the peg and platform, it was not at all noticeable once i reattached the wings to the helmet

Looks even (and awesome) to me :hi5:

I need a second helmet :gah:

How much is a spare helmet now, $100.00 :lol

Lol...I'm good like that.

Guess it comes from rebuilding cars since I was little or something...

maybe my time with all the mods I've done on HT Preds...

I show no fear! lol

Plus this mod really is quite simple. I spent more time worrying how hard it might be than actually doing it. The wings pop out with little to no force, and I just wittled away at the pegs with an exacto knife untill the were small enough to rotate inside the hole, then I lined up the wings the way I wanted and applied super-glue. If I had a decent camera I'd post a picture, but alas I am a "poor" college student who would rather spend my extra cash on the figures and video games.

:hi5::clap:hi5:

Looks good.

It's rather amazing that HT got it wrong to begin with :dunno

Back