Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys- Terminator 2: T-1000 in Sarah Connor disguise (2010 Toy Fair Ex) full s

I thought this was well known. They mentioned it in the DVD extras; they were filming the scene where they remove the T-800's chip for the reset, and needed a double for Linda's reflection in the mirror, Linda mentioned she had a twin so they filmed her twin copying Linda's movements in a frame that stood in for the mirror. This was done so that a false head could be shown taking the chip out of the skull in the foreground, and Arnold could be seen in the reflection.

Sorry, I'm not that up on T2 I've always been a much bigger fan of the original Terminator, I shall actually have to watch the extras on my T2 dvd now. But I still find it interesting, the thought that the T1000 could mimic incredibly well, but not perfectly.

And as for Kirstie Alley, wasn't there a scene in Cheers where she was having a baby and said she was worried it was twins, Ted Danson says not to worry, he had twins once, best night of his life.
You see, it all goes full circle!

Re: Hot Toys- Terminator 2: T-1000 in Sarah Connor disguise (2010 Toy Fair Ex) full s

She looks great - I'm pleased we'll have a real hair Sarah to go with the other one.

And it's perfect for an exclusive - just a variant on a widely released figure. I'm glad HT is doing niche type items like this.

HT is making this tough... I was on the fence with the first Sarah but this T-1000 version looks damn cool... The extra head will make this hard to pass up.

Price might dictate quite a bit of course. Sarah can be had for $135, a nice price for a HT fig, while this Con Ex might run close to 200 for non attendees through SS.... at least I'm assuming so.

Last edited:

I think this looks a lot like 24s Chloe O'brien.

Haha, it does kinda. Not too much thankfully. That would be a bad thing.

Have to say, I know its a pain-in-the-arse release strategy and I am presently living in fear of not getting my preorder in on time, but I'm feeling very enthusiastic about this figure.

Its fully convertible into a normal steel mill Sarah which is exactly what I wanted. The T-1000 aspect is a nice bonus. I'm happy enough with the likeness of LH and the expression doesn't look too Exorcist child in these new pics. The hair is great, if I can move the part over to the middle I will, if not I say meh. I don't really care that it appears to be distinctly red on this figure because it pretty much looked that way in the orange glow of the steel mill. And being a T2 completist I'm keeping my other Sarah order.

Oh and now we know for certain that HT will be borrowing Sideshows method of bullet hit damage for the T-1000.

Chloe has that puffer-fish scowl.

The T-1000 head has a sculpted neck. You can not connect it to the female true type.

I think Hot Toys decided to go this route because, the standard T-1000 figure is going to have multiple heads ( probably, clean sculpt and split in half ) They could not add a 3rd head without bringing the price up. If they make a V2/DX it could have, neutral head with PERS, Liquid metal head, Motorcycle helmet or smiling sculpt. Whatever they're planning, they felt the only option was to either make it an exclusive or just omit the sculpt.

Anyway Im glad it exist.

I'd rather pay more for an all-in-one DX T-1000 than be forced into buying this crap just to get the donut head.

wow! in this preview it looks so much better.

The T-1000 bonus head is a must for me.
thank you for the preview wook.

Id actually be kind of dissapointed if Hot toys made a standard mms T-1000 and then a dx t-1000, because the dx would probably include everything from the first release.

I hope this will be available at this year's SDCC. And hope SS will have it for the non-attendee pre-order.

I would definately hate to be a non-attendee this year :lol

I don't see the non-attendees getting very many of these offered. If Sideshow's run is 300 like the Japan run, then only 30-50 will be set aside for non-attendees. Of course 250 for attendees isn't great either :(

Since that Toy Fair is only a week or 2 before SDCC, I would guess that that is indeed when Sideshow will get theirs. I'd expect some info in the newsletter tonight.

I don't see the non-attendees getting very many of these offered. If Sideshow's run is 300 like the Japan run, then only 30-50 will be set aside for non-attendees. Of course 250 for attendees isn't great either :(

Since that Toy Fair is only a week or 2 before SDCC, I would guess that that is indeed when Sideshow will get theirs. I'd expect some info in the newsletter tonight.

I always wanted to go to SDCC but never make it. Too expensive! Plane ticket, car rental, hotel... To me with that kind of money to spend, I rather spend on statue/figure an so on. But being there in SDcc is life time experience!

Missing out on a figure is well worth not having to attend that nerd fest. :hi5:

Back