Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mk1 DIECAST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s the same man in all the suits. Why would any of the suits, especially nanotechnology, be the equivalent of six inches taller than the mark 1, which is not as form fitting.

Hollywood cheat at heights with angles all the time. It is all about looking good. You guys are driving yourselves nuts. :slap Figure looks great!

RDJ in only 5’ 9” for goodness sake.

Why do people keep pointing this out? He's also not 5'9'', I've met him, stood next to him -- more like 5'6'' maybe 5'7'' on a good stretch day.

The real question is: How tall is Tony Stark supposed to be? That is what they are creating on screen.

Now how tall is Cap supposed to be?

Does this look like a 5' 9'' Tony speaking to 6' 2'' Cap to you?

f74e9f94c1180f20d9cd8e37918e08a7.png

Mark I was built out of scraps as a survival mechanism. Would he not build that version to fit his body more precisely?

Couldn‘t Hot Toys have at least matched the height of this new Mark I to the Mark V Suit Up figure that is taller? That suit wraps around a Tony figure in a race suit, how is this different?

It’s lazy. This Tony Stark figure is half an inch taller than the Mark I, and in no way could fit in the new Mark I. At least match the new scale, Hot Toys.

928AEF1B-83C4-4A78-A717-4AA13D1A5B06.png

Last edited:
Why do people keep pointing this out? He's also not 5'9'', I've met him, stood next to him -- more like 5'6'' maybe 5'7'' on a good stretch day.

The real question is: How tall is Tony Stark supposed to be? That is what they are creating on screen.

Now how tall is Cap supposed to be?

Does this look like a 5' 9'' Tony speaking to 6' 2'' Cap to you?

View attachment 531267
Inconclusive. Can’t see their feet.

But regardless, the point remains. It’s consistent that fully realized Iron Man the hero created in Tony Stark’s boundless workshop with limitless resources would be an idealized figure and taller than Tony the host for aesthetic impact if nothing else, while the scrap metal escape vehicle Tony created in a cave would be a bit more…realistic. Again, the only inconsistency I would find here is if Mark (I) was anywhere near as tall as Mark (Anything Else).

Unless Tony has developed technology to stretch his body out 6 more inches, that doesn’t seem to make sense to me - just look at the Mark V image in the prior post. Why would the Nanotechnology suits be significantly taller when they wrap around his body more tightly?

every other company that’s made this - Revoltech, Bandai, ZD Toys, King Arts, Queen studios, Iron Studios, the list goes on - has made it roughly the same height as the other Iron Man figures/statues.

Last edited:
Yeah the only way he can make himself taller in any given Iron Man suit is if he builds platforms into the feet. They all should be the same height pretty much. As people have said this should be taller and the rest of them should be shorter, meet in the middle.

Couldn‘t Hot Toys have at least matched the height of this new Mark I to the Mark V Suit Up figure that is taller? That suit wraps around a Tony figure in a race suit, how is this different?

It’s lazy. This Tony Stark figure is half an inch taller than the Mark I, and in no way could fit in the new Mark I. At least match the new scale, Hot Toys.

View attachment 531269
Didn't even realize that this Mark 5 suit up figure is half a inch taller than the Mark 1 lol

Why wouldn't they at least build the Mark 1 armor over this Mark 5 Tony Stark body? Makes no sense. It's also a shame that they didn't make this figure as thick and chunky as it should be. It looked so big and menacing in the movie but this figure is slimmer and smaller all around. Smaller looking chest, shoulder armor and head.

ZluIoU9.png

Nvtay7F.png

Exactly, because RDJ is not as tall as Evans. We don't see their feet because RDJ would be standing on half an apple box.
No, I just meant that in the actual scene RDJ could be up a step, CA could be down a step within the scene itself, not necessarily a deliberate attempt to make Tony Stark taller than RDJ. Likely, however, a cinematic choice to have the actors look directly into their respective eyes as equals regardless of the physical statures of the two. That usually makes for a more intense movie moment.

But whether cinematic Tony Stark is 5’7” or 6’2”, I think most of the Mark (Fill in the Blank) suits were at least 6’5” or so with the exception of Mark I which was built from necessity not for style or presence.

Tony's body is constant throughout all the armors. It doesn't get stretched out with Nanotechnology or anything like that.

Obviously at some point, Marvel started to create an idealized, Heroic physique for Iron Man. I think it was around Age of Ultron. They had previously always been using CGI but there was a mix of physical props, where hes taking stuff off or putting stuff on. Things attaching to his physical body. But in Ultron Mark 45 is full CG and he never removes the helmet.(Some speculate it was remote operated) but there was no reference between Tony's body and MK 45. It was the first semi-form fitting, organic style armor. And they were completely unrestricted by no longer having to make it appear like a human fit inside of it. And the future armors continued this.

Its almost as if HT is acknowledging this turning point in the films. Its like their logic is, "Of course these other armors are bigger- these are the CGI armors! They are depicted as being bigger on screen, because Marvel changed Tony's proportions half-way through the series and we have captured that perfectly!" Therefore the physical prop armor should be smaller because it was prior to the proportion change. (As if thats canon to the story. He got bigger because special effects improved) Thats how they are justifying this in their head. And i guess Marvel agrees with them.

No, I just meant that in the actual scene RDJ could be up a step, CA could be down a step within the scene itself, not necessarily a deliberate attempt to make Tony Stark taller than RDJ.

He's not on a step, just so you know (I'm sure you already knew but just for clarity). And it is a clear attempt to make RDJ the "size" that Tony Stark canon says he is: 6' 1''

In no way is Tony Stark supposed to be RDJ's true life height.

So to answer your original point that because RDJ is 5'9'' then the Mk I HT armor is correct, that is simply incorrect because Tony Stark is never 5'9''.

The simple fact is: HT made the figure too small. I'm not sure why that is shocking, as many HT figures have size issues when paired with their compatriots from the corresponding film. So its seems odd to me to justify a manufacturer's error by using the actor's true shortness as the reason.

Y'all should just flood HT's comments section on FB and Insta with Mk 1 hatred...seemed to work on the botched 85 headsculpt, no? :lol

Y'all should just flood HT's comments section on FB and Insta with Mk 1 hatred...seemed to work on the botched 85 headsculpt, no? :lol
The only reason they changed the 85 sculpt was because they were seeing cancelation and complaints in Hong Kong directly with their Secret Base orders. They don't care about comments on Facebook, or their fanbase in general really. People were also being insane and sending death threats to JC Hong for that one.

Back