Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mk1 DIECAST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the series so watchable because I get the sense that the people making it 'get it'.

So it hits the right notes and expands on the OT rather than grating against it.
Yeah, Dave Filoni is pretty much George Lucas' successor, he taught him everything.

Most of it feels like that for me, even the stuff I've enjoyed, I don't feel compelled to own a piece of. That just may be my age talking, and maybe the fact my active collecting has been winding down.

I was initially trying to decide which version of The Mandalorian to get, but my enthusiasm just fizzled out. I like seeing what they come up with but that's about it.
Got to let the initial hype train settle, then you can decide on what you really want. Few weeks ago, "man Mando v3 is incredible with that swoop". Now I am like, "that silver really isn't speaking to me. I got to have some color on my Mando." Think I'll kick the can down the road on him again.

Marvel is really out for me except for the VG Spidey Classic and Cyborg. Got my main Avengers and don't care for many of the B listers. Passing on all of this stuff right now. It is continuation of B listers trying to turn into A listers, and C listers getting introduced. Kang might introduce some interesting events, but F4 is when the next heavy hitters arrive.

Got to let the initial hype train settle, then you can decide on what you really want. Few weeks ago, "man Mando v3 is incredible with that swoop". Now I am like, "that silver really isn't speaking to me. I got to have some color on my Mando." Think I'll kick the can down the road on him again.

Marvel is really out for me except for the VG Spidey Classic and Cyborg. Got my main Avengers and don't care for many of the B listers. Passing on all of this stuff right now. It is continuation of B listers trying to turn into A listers, and C listers getting introduced. Kang might introduce some interesting events, but F4 is when the next heavy hitters arrive.
Yeah with you there Matticus. I'm pretty much settling on the Beskar Mando I have as well. Child pram fits for OG Mando. Beskar ice cream maker can be also used for the Armourer. Beskar Mando can also sit on (or stand next to) the bike. So it's all good for now. But I could change my tune on that. Am sure they will use the headsculpt on a S3 version.

Cyborg is a must for me to finish the League. Think I'll get Black Widow as I don't have one of her. Then I'm pretty much out of space for Marvel.

The difference of the actors is 16 centimeters passed at 1/6 scale would be 2.66 centimeters. The difference of the figures is 2.3 centimeters. You have to calculate that both have boots and a helmet

Attachments

• B7AAD1CA-8B17-4C4A-A319-BEE9C219EAFA.jpeg
    B7AAD1CA-8B17-4C4A-A319-BEE9C219EAFA.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 5A7C8471-47EA-40CA-89C4-F882BC4509BC.jpeg
    5A7C8471-47EA-40CA-89C4-F882BC4509BC.jpeg
    14.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 6873F512-17F1-4E91-A30A-A0A6AE44B5DE.jpeg
    6873F512-17F1-4E91-A30A-A0A6AE44B5DE.jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 57
  • C9BC873E-C950-48ED-8295-3749B842AD1A.jpeg
    C9BC873E-C950-48ED-8295-3749B842AD1A.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 63
Actor heights are completely irrelevant to on screen character height, apple boxes, scully boxes, platform shoes, there are any number of ways they adjust height visually in filming. The only thing that should matter for this figure is that it scales appropriately with the rest of the Hall of Armor, which in diecast form (except for 2/3) got a lot bigger than the original releases.

Actor heights are completely irrelevant to on screen character height, apple boxes, scully boxes, platform shoes, there are any number of ways they adjust height visually in filming. The only thing that should matter for this figure is that it scales appropriately with the rest of the Hall of Armor, which in diecast form (except for 2/3) got a lot bigger than the original releases.
The last photo of the Hall of Armor is a scene from Iron Man 3, the size of Mark 1 is lower than all the others. Screen Accurate

The last photo of the Hall of Armor is a scene from Iron Man 3, the size of Mark 1 is lower than all the others. Screen Accurate
True but it's not almost 3/4 of a head shorter though. While not really side by side and the same exact comparison, the top of the head of the Mk1 seems to fall above the eye level of the Mk2. The v2 shown a few pages back, has the Mk1's head fall a little bit below the eye level of the Mk7. If there is a height difference between Mk2/3 and 7, that has to be accounted for as well.

Screen accurate?

cuuGVhZ.jpg
I agree that the Mark 1 is under-scaled, especially relative to later diecast armours, but to be fair, in later iterations of the character they purposely went for a 'heroic silhouette' and disregarded human proportions, which is further exaggerated in the HT Mark 7 diecast, because their design stretched and attentuated the knees on an otherwise stunning figure.

So I expect some inconsistencies based on what they presented to us on-screen, but the Mark 1 still looks wrong to me.

Honestly though, once Tony was freed and IM was elevated to Super Hero status, I think it makes perfect sense that Tony wanted to give his alter-ego some height to be that much more impactful and intimidating on sight.

Mark I was built out of scraps as a survival mechanism. Would he not build that version to fit his body more precisely? RDJ in only 5’ 9” for goodness sake. I think the height of Mark I is perfect. If he were as tall as Mark VI, say, THAT would be the problem in my opinion.

Honestly though, once Tony was freed and IM was elevated to Super Hero status, I think it makes perfect sense that Tony wanted to give his alter-ego some height to be that much more impactful and intimidating on sight.

Mark I was built out of scraps as a survival mechanism. Would he not build that version to fit his body more precisely? RDJ in only 5’ 9” for goodness sake. I think the height of Mark I is perfect. If he were as tall as Mark VI, say, THAT would be the problem in my opinion.
Is that his internet height? Because he seems shorter by a fair bit, especially given his choices in shoes.

Back