Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, guys! Yeah, once I saw the Joker I was instantly sold. It's so right on and so uncanny that the piece actually has a bigger than life presence. Simply a fantastic job by the designers. Really taken by the clothing too! Simply meticulous design. :hi5:

Thank you, guys! Yeah, once I saw the Joker I was instantly sold. It's so right on and so uncanny that the piece actually has a bigger than life presence. Simply a fantastic job by the designers. Really taken by the clothing too! Simply meticulous design. :hi5:

Yup, I pulled the trigger and got one a couple months back too. Couldn't be happier he's the grail of my collection. So, are you planning on getting the 2.0?

I'd be over the moon to get a Joker 2.0. Unfortunately, the old piggy bank ain't as fat as it used to be after the recent acquisitions of a new Hot Toys Cap America and The Joker. Amazing how much two figures can cut into a budget. But once that little pig gets it's fat back...

I wasn't sure if I should get one of these given that the prices are pretty steep and the 2.0 is supposedly coming out, but I really couldn't resist and ended up getting it anyway for a mid-range price for a MISB piece.

I'd really like a bank robber joker as well but right now I don't think my bank account thinks it's a good idea :crying

I wasn't sure if I should get one of these given that the prices are pretty steep and the 2.0 is supposedly coming out, but I really couldn't resist and ended up getting it anyway for a mid-range price for a MISB piece.

I'd really like a bank robber joker as well but right now I don't think my bank account thinks it's a good idea :crying

Does our bank accounts EVER agree with our addiction??
Get the BR Joker- just a stunning figure- every bit as good as the DX Joker!:clap

SAM_2133.jpg

SAM_2118.jpg

SAM_2117.jpg

So I a time sensitive question. Can anyone tell me all the differences between the V1 and DX clothing? I know the DX coat has the grenade rig and the vest has the snaps instead of the crappy Velcro. Are there any other differences? Pants, shirt, socks?

I remember a few posts in here with photographs of the differences between the two, but I can't seem to find them.

So I a time sensitive question. Can anyone tell me all the differences between the V1 and DX clothing? I know the DX coat has the grenade rig and the vest has the snaps instead of the crappy Velcro. Are there any other differences? Pants, shirt, socks?

Purple Overcoat:
Besides the grenade rig, the material and fit is better and more screen accurate than the V1 (I'm not saying it's 100% accurate so Kato owners don't through any poopballs at me :lol)

Sports Coat:
Thinner material, better fit and I'd say a more plumb color whereas the V1 was grey

Vest:
Besides the snaps, the pockets are more screen accurate as well as the cut of the the vest. It also has the adjuster to make the fit tighter or looser at the back of the vest

Pants:
The pin stripes are much more visible, the purple is a lighter purple and is fixed to have the suspenders attach to them. they are also a bit of a tighter fit than the V1 pants, especially around the ankles.

Shirt:
Lighter color with a bolder or rather clearer pattern print along with a larger collar so the shirt closes at the neck instead of being slightly opening like the V1 was

Tie:
more accurate color and pattern when compared to the V1 and proper material

Shoes:
Same as the V1 but the DX shoes look to be a bit more weathered.

Sock:
The pattern on the DX is still wrong and has smaller squares than the ones on the V1 socks

I think that's everything but I wouldn't be surprised if some who have examined the suits more thoroughly may know more

Great pics G.

How in the world did you jam the round badge part through the black loop thing? I have mine rigged up completely different (made a moded badge) but every time I see people use the ribbon they have only the top/colored part stuck through.

Great pics G.

How in the world did you jam the round badge part through the black loop thing? I have mine rigged up completely different (made a moded badge) but every time I see people use the ribbon they have only the top/colored part stuck through.

Thanks Mag! :hi5: I;m really happy I finally have a body and a V1 stand to make use of the cop outfit

and it was that difficult to be honest, but at one point, I was a bit afraid that I was going to pull the black loop from the jacket :lol :slap I just had to wiggle it in through the black loop from the bottom and it eventually went through the right amount. From movie stills, i think it's the right way to be on there. I'm not entirely sure though

So I did the bleach treatment on Whiplash sometime back and it did great. So I was thinking... What about that Joker coat?

Ummm... not so much :lecture

Just- just trust me.

:horror :horror

Thanks Mag! :hi5: I;m really happy I finally have a body and a V1 stand to make use of the cop outfit

and it was that difficult to be honest, but at one point, I was a bit afraid that I was going to pull the black loop from the jacket :lol :slap I just had to wiggle it in through the black loop from the bottom and it eventually went through the right amount. From movie stills, i think it's the right way to be on there. I'm not entirely sure though

Oh, it's definitely right.

P1050485.jpg

I just couldn't jam mine in like that. I could barely get it to fit over the striped part.

So here's what I did:

P1050871.jpg

P1050872.jpg

P1050869.jpg

Yea I remember you doing something like that but didn't know you put the black band around which is why I thought I did it wrong :lol

But it looks good man. Whatever works right?

Has anyone reported about the Dx Joker coat fading? Mine isnt as deep purple as it used to be

I keep kicking myself for not getting this one but I've been hearing recently that they are going to be releasing another Joker from the series so here's hoping I'll get me another chance to get me one of these guys.

Back