Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New pose:
IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

IMAG0289.jpg

Thanks man:hi5:

Yup, I think the same thing. At least it's a pretty good update from the V1's.

If the 2.0 improves on clothes I'd like to see a better tie, Color of the overcoat and the lighter purple of gloves. Even then, those are all REALLY big nit-pics that I easily overlook.

Thanks man:hi5:

Yup, I think the same thing. At least it's a pretty good update from the V1's.

If the 2.0 improves on clothes I'd like to see a better tie, Color of the overcoat and the lighter purple of gloves. Even then, those are all REALLY big nit-pics that I easily overlook.

Absolutley, Im not one of those 100% screen accrurate people anyway, I think its a silly argument. Its impossible to achieve that because no matter how good a sculpt is it will never look 100% like the person.

The only problem i see with this DX is deciding on a pose.

:exactly: Im always fiddling with mine

yup. my dx is the most bad-ass fig on my shelf. I get girly butterflies when I gander at it.

Sweet pics once again fiend! What do you use as lighting/backdrop?

yup. my dx is the most bad-ass fig on my shelf. I get girly butterflies when I gander at it.

Sweet pics once again fiend! What do you use as lighting/backdrop?

On that particular one Im using the insert you get with the DX01, you know the purple thing with the cards in it when you first open it, I just turn it around. Now you wanna make sure your facing away from the light if you wanna get that completly black look I have in the pic, as you can see that insert is black foam but its got a glittery quality when light is on it. As far as lighting goes ,its a lot of trial and error. Ill use flashlights sometimes if I wanna get maybe an eerie/shadowy effect by placing them at different lengths from the figure. My living room get a lot of natural lighting coming through the windows and ill take card board and place it around the figure to create shadows and somewhat control how much lighting goes where. This is a good way to use shadows to emphasize a sculpts features. I hope I explained this right, Im not a photographer and I dont know any of the terms. Like I said its a lot of trial and error.

My Joker's knee broke last night as I was very gently re-posing him (this is the 3rd HT figure I've owned that this has happened to :mad: ), and as I was fixing it with the replacement leg from one of my previous figures where the other knee broke, I decided to shake things up a bit and change Joker's eye position.

Wouldn't you know, the PERS broke. He looked cross-eyed, and all I could do was laugh at how lame it all was. Anyway, I took the screws out and manually moved the eyes as I wanted them, and honestly, I like this figure now better than before the PERS broke. Even when PERS was working, the eyes were slightly off-centered. Now, I can get them in precisely the pose I want. BR Joker head is still my favorite by far (and used on my primary display Joker), but at least I like the cartoony PERS head a bit more now.

My Joker's knee broke last night as I was very gently re-posing him (this is the 3rd HT figure I've owned that this has happened to :mad: ), and as I was fixing it with the replacement leg from one of my previous figures where the other knee broke, I decided to shake things up a bit and change Joker's eye position.

Wouldn't you know, the PERS broke. He looked cross-eyed, and all I could do was laugh at how lame it all was. Anyway, I took the screws out and manually moved the eyes as I wanted them, and honestly, I like this figure now better than before the PERS broke. Even when PERS was working, the eyes were slightly off-centered. Now, I can get them in precisely the pose I want. BR Joker head is still my favorite by far (and used on my primary display Joker), but at least I like the cartoony PERS head a bit more now.

Same thing happened to me about 3 weeks ago. Pissed me off so bad. When people would say they broke theirs, I figured they were being ruff with it or something. I was moving it very slowly and the damn thing still broke on me. When I have time I'm gonna glue pegs to the back of each eye so it's easier to align the eyes.

You are right though, they do look better now that I can position them exactly like I want.

Same thing happened to me about 3 weeks ago. Pissed me off so bad. When people would say they broke theirs, I figured they were being ruff with it or something. I was moving it very slowly and the damn thing still broke on me. When I have time I'm gonna glue pegs to the back of each eye so it's easier to align the eyes.

You are right though, they do look better now that I can position them exactly like I want.
Yup, broke two of mine in the same day about a year and a half ago. V1 and my BRJ. I was only rearranging their pose to (very gently of course) I bought the new narrow shoulder for both and they never broke on me. I think the older bodies were more fragile.

My Joker's knee broke last night as I was very gently re-posing him (this is the 3rd HT figure I've owned that this has happened to :mad: ).

Wouldn't you know, the PERS broke. He looked cross-eyed, and all I could do was laugh at how lame it all was. Anyway, I took the screws out and manually moved the eyes as I wanted them, and honestly, I like this figure now better than before the PERS broke. Even when PERS was working, the eyes were slightly off-centered. Now, I can get them in precisely the pose I want.

My original Joker's snapped right off for no reason a week or two ago also. And it was displayed sitting in a chair, so there can't have been a lot of weight on it. So pissed, and I thought these things only happen to Medicom's figures.

I've always wondered whether I got a dodgy DX Joker, since I noticed the eyes were uneven, and the only way to hide it was to pose it slanted to one side. Guess mine wasn't the only one.

You might consider screwing the plate off and intentionally taking the PERS away so you can get the eyes the way you want to. My figure is seriously improved now.

Regarding the knees, I think part of it is the fact that Truetypes have such tight joints. Really tight joints with really thin plastic down at the knee joint can present problems unless the plastic is really durable. And I guess it wasn't for some of those circa 1998 Truetypes.

The Joker is one of the finest Hot Toys pieces made. The attention to detail is simply incredible. I just picked up one. Super impressed. Thanks to all who posted their pics, as they definitely helped in deciding on what my next Hot Toys purchase was to be.

The Joker is one of the finest Hot Toys pieces made. The attention to detail is simply incredible. I just picked up one. Super impressed. Thanks to all who posted their pics, as they definitely helped in deciding on what my next Hot Toys purchase was to be.

Congrats, one of the finest HT indeed :clap

Back