Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

One has nothing to do with the other.

Except it's just more evidence of the Marvel circlejerk.

Cost hot toys nearly nothing to produce.

Except time, energy, and focus, which is the point of the complaint.

I mean I can't understand why they take advantage of those differences either. They should totally stop making the top selling products in favor of 30 year old films, even though the main character (batman) from that set of films is a mid level seller, they should totally go further into the library. It's completly crazy they don't. And making a figure that costs nothing (no likeness charges, promised sales) of Stan Lee is silly. Should say no to guaranteed sales and take a risk on those 30 year old characters. It's no wonder hot toys has not grown and is the worst 1/6 company out ther..wait, what's that? That's not the case? Hmm.

Yeah, you're right. Rather than produce a series of figures whose momentum would boost each other's sales and take advantage of the synergistic effect of the collecting mentality - like, say, the MAIN CAST of a movie - what they should do is just release ONE character from the movie, and then throw their hands up in the air when the fan response is understandably "meh."

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Except it's just more evidence of the Marvel circlejerk.

Except time, energy, and focus, which is the point of the complaint.

Yeah, you're right. Rather than produce a series of figures whose momentum would boost each other's sales and take advantage of the synergistic effect of the collecting mentality - like, say, the MAIN CAST of a movie - what they should do is just release ONE character from the movie, and then throw their hands up in the air when the fan response is understandably "meh."

Regardless of how much you don't like reading my posts, you do understand that you are arguing with someone incapable of understanding basic reasoning, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless of how much you don't like reading my posts, you do understand that you are arguing with someone incapable of understanding basic reasoning, right?

Motuxmen has made some quality contributions to discussions here. He may be wrong on this specific point, but I prefer to start by giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Motuxmen has made some quality contributions to discussions here. He may be wrong on this specific point, but I prefer to start by giving him the benefit of the doubt.

There's no doubt he seems to know what he's talking about. But in some instances, his logic seems to be a bit flawed when it comes to certain figures.

Marvel might be the boom atm, but I still don't see how HT thinks that a figure like "Electro", or in fact, Stan Lee, can sell more (or be more desirable) than Returns Penguin or Catwoman.

Hola Amigos; Hi friends; do you really think that HT will make one day the figures of penguin and catwoman; tell me the truth; do we have posibilities?; because I am thinking in make customs there are a few on e bay; or wait and wait for the HT ones; what should I do?.. I don´t want to order the customs and later HT make them... thanks

Unknown

Sadly, you just never know with Hot Toys. The chances of a Catwoman look very slim, I wouldn't expect her at all. The Penguin? Well Hot Toys and Howard Chan clearly stated that Penguin was in development. Chan said to expect to see Batman and Penguin in December 2012.

Penguin.jpg

Howard Chan May 2012 Interview

Obviously that never came to be now that we're in 2015 and quickly approaching 2016. So somewhere on a shelf or desk is a Hot Toys Returns Penguin prototype, whether it will ever see the light of day and come to fruition remains to be seen.

The latest word on Penguin and Catwoman from Hot Toys was last year,

Penguin Catwoman.jpg

I wouldn't get your hopes up, I personally don't think they'll do them. The thing is, you just never know. Figures like John Matrix (Commando), Mime Joker, Police Shootout T-800, Alex Murphy, Marty McFly, etc. pop up on a whim. It's the same deal with current highly anticipated figures like Doc Brown and Ripley. You just never know.

Hola Amigos; Hi friends; do you really think that HT will make one day the figures of penguin and catwoman; tell me the truth; do we have posibilities?; because I am thinking in make customs there are a few on e bay; or wait and wait for the HT ones; what should I do?.. I don´t want to order the customs and later HT make them... thanks

I think it's unlikely that Hot Toys will make them.

You should get customs if you're happy with them.

If Hot Toys ever does make them, you can usually sell your customs for as much as you paid for it.

Just scooped NECA 1/4 scale Danny Devito from Twins.
Wait, er... Batman Returns. Looks really accurate to me. My local Hastings had four in stock. So I took my time choosing the best paint app. Some looked rather pink, but the one I nabbed is all pasty. I don't have anything else in this scale except a museum quality (DC Direct's version of PF) comic book Joker. So I have no idea where to display him properly. He may stay in the package until I get my sixth detolf.

Lol

i'm wondering if it would cause damage to the product if i displayed this with a particular pose as opposed to just a typical standing position. has anybody every had an issue with action figure damage due to long term display pose?

To be clear, I think DiFabio probably feels that way because of the rubber involved in the oversuit of the Batman figure.

Most other Hot Toys figures are fine leaving in extreme poses. One just worries about the rubber suits specifically being left in a stressed position.

Has anyone here had the 1989 batman rubber suit crack yet?

To be clear, I think DiFabio probably feels that way because of the rubber involved in the oversuit of the Batman figure.

Most other Hot Toys figures are fine leaving in extreme poses. One just worries about the rubber suits specifically being left in a stressed position.

Nope. There have been no reports of the DX 09 having suit issues since 2012 when it first came out.

2 oily ones that no one cares or believes in. Obviously a bad batch, given that no one else seems to have problems. :lol

I thought of you when I posted that, but I thought it would be rude to say "well, there was this one guy, rorywan . . ."

Well, obviously I haven't changed my tale in all these years, despite ridicule and negative banter. Take from that what you will.
I must actually dig them out from the attic and see what state they are in.

Whoo, ooh, i gotta live one here...

i'm wondering if it would cause damage to the product if i displayed this with a particular pose as opposed to just a typical standing position. has anybody every had an issue with action figure damage due to long term display pose?

There is always a chance. This time the suit is made of vinyl so it might be slightly better.

There is always a chance. This time the suit is made of vinyl so it might be slightly better.

How do you know that?

Back