Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I don't care for a Keaton in a crappy puffy tuxedo. U just know the suit will be terrible, just give me the batman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I don't care for a Keaton in a crappy puffy tuxedo. U just know the suit will be terrible, just give me the batman!

No one does. Most of us would like to display a Bats with the ripped cowl that actually looks like Keaton.

I'd sell the body and suit yesterday.

No one does. Most of us would like to display a Bats with the ripped cowl that actually looks like Keaton.

I'd sell the body and suit yesterday.

With you on that 100%, if it turns out good there's gonna be a lot of tuxedo bodies about for sale. Maybe the James Bond fans will buy them :)

Why they wouldn't do these is beyond me.

image.jpg

But hey, at least we got these iconic faces! Right!?

image.jpg

What are the most amount of changes HT has ever done to a figure before its release? I ask this mainly as a HT noob since I only got my first HT a couple weeks ago.

In 2012/2014 the 1/4 Quarter scale 001 Batman prototype went from a bad looking figure with inaccurate cowls and 3 awful face plates,

image.jpg
image.jpg

To completely revised/revamp cowl head sculpts that were better looking with all new faceplates (and an additional 4th mout) for the final product,

image.jpg
image.jpg

Hot Toys Reeve Superman went from this prototype,

image.jpg

To this in hand,

image.jpg

Last edited:

Oh, okay. How much complaining did it take before pics of those new sculpts surfaced? I'm not confident these changes would happen with the Returns Keaton, but I know the facial expression choices and obviously the whole wayne head haven't been that greatly embraced here.

The 1/4 Batman had a lot of complaining and criticism, about the same as this "Keaton" head. People were very vocal about it but changes weren't seen until the very last second when the final product shipped. Came as a surprise to everyone. The cowls, bonus mouth plate and all new faces came as a surprise to everyone.

Reeve Superman? People were just happy to finally get it after waiting so long. Some people stated that it would be nice to see some changes but it was still well received. After Arnie Kim's DX Indy, people were easy on the Reeve Superman. Hot Toys improved and tweaked it anyway even though their wasn't a loud outcry for changes.

Another example that popped to my head were the recent T-800 figures, they all underwent a significant change from prototype to final product,

(Cyberdyne people hated on just as much as they did Keaton, final product got significantly altered for the better)

image.jpg

(Both damaged heads were well received save for a few minor gripes about the damage, Hot Toys completely changed/improved them, almost as if taking inspiration from Enterbay's great sculpts)

image.jpg
image.jpg

Well I'm glad to see HT taking the constructive criticism and choosing to do something about it. And I'm sure the little changes sure help their sales in the long run. As a statue collector I can tell you that its damn near impossible to get SS to change anything. In this forum if something truly doesn't look right everyone will say so (the Reeve Superman PF is the biggest example of this I have ever seen) but Sideshow employees rarely visit this site, and if they do they very rarely post about it. They do post and visit the other forum quite a bit but the mods take member's criticism much more serious over there and sometimes even shut down threads if enough people speak out about a product.

I still wish they gave us this. I'd even take it over the Bruce Wayne figure.

23jstuh.jpg

I still wish they gave us this. I'd even take it over the Bruce Wayne figure.

23jstuh.jpg

Still can't see how that was all that difficult to accomplish. Give us a removable torso like the Hulk doll for display purposes, we'd pay the difference. NO ONE wanted a tuxed Wayne, just the HS for the ripped cowl display option.

That glider moment was amazingly iconic in the film, but no! Here you have a tuxed Keaton look alike!

In the meantime, they make the 1/12 Bat. Because that makes sense.

So Hot Toys can't do Ra's, the Penguin, or Catwoman, but now they can do a Stan ****ing Lee figure?

Wonderful.

You know, I usually keep my mouth shut about the whole "Marvel has taken over Hot Toys" complaint, but this is just ridiculous.

Still can't see how that was all that difficult to accomplish. Give us a removable torso like the Hulk doll for display purposes, we'd pay the difference. NO ONE wanted a tuxed Wayne, just the HS for the ripped cowl display option.

That glider moment was amazingly iconic in the film, but no! Here you have a tuxed Keaton look alike!

In the meantime, they make the 1/12 Bat. Because that makes sense.

No one wanted that tux definitely... but they did do Bale Bruce so I kinda see their thinking in that. But to not do the glider? Pretty lazy. I'd pay an extra $50+ on top of the current cost to get it.

Hopefully we get a commission going for a good one.

So Hot Toys can't do Ra's, the Penguin, or Catwoman, but now they can do a Stan ****ing Lee figure?

Wonderful.

You know, I usually keep my mouth shut about the whole "Marvel has taken over Hot Toys" complaint, but this is just ridiculous.

One has nothing to do with the other. And picking the th Stan Lee figure shows how little thought or understanding went into that whine. The figure is for charity. Cost hot toys nearly nothing to produce. Allows them tons of free advertising. Had a promised number of sales.

As for marvel taking up more slots...that's becuase there's LOTS more marvel films that are current. Or within this decade. Or century. Or millennia. It's like 20 to 1 marvel to DC films. And of the most current films 2/3 of the figures didn't sell. (Mos-jorel and zod)

I mean I can't understand why they take advantage of those differences either. They should totally stop making the top selling products in favor of 30 year old films, even though the main character (batman) from that set of films is a mid level seller, they should totally go further into the library. It's completly crazy they don't. And making a figure that costs nothing (no likeness charges, promised sales) of Stan Lee is silly. Should say no to guaranteed sales and take a risk on those 30 year old characters. It's no wonder hot toys has not grown and is the worst 1/6 company out ther..wait, what's that? That's not the case? Hmm.

I find most of the marvel movies to be somewhat of a joke. I see nothing in them that makes me go "wow that was f'in awesome". Nothing that gets the blood pumping like a heath ledger, Tom hardy or Michael Keaton performance anyway.
When it comes to hot toys, I think you're going to see a 180 out of them next year since both dc movies are coming out. I also think it's sad that there's like 40 different iron man figures, or how many times to they need to rehash the same black widow figure.
When it comes to marvel I love the xmen, yet hot toys refused to do any of them except rehash wolverine over and over. Thank god we are getting some unlicensed xmen figures soon since hot toys would rather make a rainbow iron man or clear mark vvvv9735.

They should totally stop making the top selling products in favor of 30 year old films, even though the main character (batman) from that set of films is a mid level seller, they should totally go further into the library.

I want to see some data and numbers on this because I call BS. DX 09 Batman was any thing but a "mid level seller", in 2011 to 2012 that was a hot figure. It sold out everywhere in a few months (unlike now where almost every line sits in stock) and it seemed like everyone and their grandma had one. Even now it's an in demand, sought after Hot Toys item. The only one that has been a dud sales wise seems to be DX Mime Joker, but nobody really wanted that look to begin with.

I'd love to see you back this one up Motux, what information do you have this time. Can I see some sale figures please?

Back