Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

So is this guy coming out soon or what?:lol I unsubscribed after I placed my PO last year hoping to just be surprised and I haven't heard anything yet.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

How do you know that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was in a news paper article in Hong Kong. It says the suit will use vinyl material this time. Not sure if this is overall a better choice or not though.

Finally put my PO in over the weekend and dumped $82 I saved in rewards points.

Am I the only one a little peeved that the headsculpt and broken cowl don't come with the regular figure for $250?
I'm mostly just ticked because I was expecting it to come with it instead of having to buy the two pack, solid figure all around though, assuming the headsculpt is improved (looks improved from teasers posted on Facebook)

What is ashamed for the two pack is that the Keaton head sculpt is not a “battle damaged” scene accurate but rather a “multi purpose” head sculpt. I am not a fan of that. Makes no difference to me as I am getting the single.

Am I the only one a little peeved that the headsculpt and broken cowl don't come with the regular figure for $250?
I'm mostly just ticked because I was expecting it to come with it instead of having to buy the two pack, solid figure all around though, assuming the headsculpt is improved (looks improved from teasers posted on Facebook)

If you feel peeved then you have every right to be peeved. Now that you mention it, I now feel peeved about it to.

What is ashamed for the two pack is that the Keaton head sculpt is not a “battle damaged” scene accurate but rather a “multi purpose” head sculpt. I am not a fan of that. Makes no difference to me as I am getting the single.

Actually, I think the normal release should have the Battle-damaged sculpt and the broken cowl....and then the two-pack should include those AND a normal Keaton head and tux.

It used to be that standard Hot Toys figures would usually come with two headsculpts. I miss those days...

Actually, I think the normal release should have the Battle-damaged sculpt and the broken cowl....and then the two-pack should include those AND a normal Keaton head and tux.

It used to be that standard Hot Toys figures would usually come with two headsculpts. I miss those days...

I agree. With the current two pack accessories, you can't even simultaneously display both the torn cowl look and Bruce w/ tux since there's only one Bruce head. The torn cowl should have had its own head.

So is this guy coming out soon or what?:lol I unsubscribed after I placed my PO last year hoping to just be surprised and I haven't heard anything yet.

Both sets are slated to drop in HK next month.

If you feel peeved then you have every right to be peeved. Now that you mention it, I now feel peeved about it to.

Hot Toys knows that the torn cowl and mask is highly desirable and iconic, that's probably why it's only included as an exclusive bonus to the Bruce Wayne two pack.

I agree with Haytil, I wish the regular version came with the Bruce Wayne sculpt (with the blood damage on his face) and the torn mask and cowl (assuming they nail the Keaton likeness). I have no interest in the tuxedo, especially when we won't have a Selina Kyle/Catwoman.

Still, if they knock the Keaton likeness for the Bruce Wayne head sculpt out of the park for the production figure, I'll have no problem paying an additional $120 for a great head sculpt, the torn mask, cowl a true type body and some clothes.

What Fabs said. It's the same reason why people have to buy the AoU Hulk deluxe set in order to get the, IMO, superior default headsculpt. Let's be honest, nobody wants a tuxedoed figure, other than, say, James Bond.

I hate preordering. just wait till it hits ebay and is in hand somewhere. preordering is not always reliable.

Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

If I get this, it will be from the secondary market. No way in hell in paying full price.

There's always someone out there selling dollies they can't afford.

Trouble is, with Hot Toys the prices are rarely lower on the secondary market (unlike SS).

With the improvements that HT made to Vader and with the inclusion of a stand for the interrogation droid (which didn't appear in the PO pics), I'm hopeful we'll get a Keaton sculpt that more closely resembles the one in the JC. Hong pic and the classic Returns mouthplates.

Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Trouble is, with Hot Toys the prices are rarely lower on the secondary market (unlike SS).

Not necessarily true. This is from today, and I see it now more than ever, almost on a weekly basis:

44d69a469c3b8f11b2d1bd1f59cd9506.jpg

While I don't care about IM, one can say that those are pretty desperate prices, and IF you wanted, I'm sure you could make the seller go down even more on price and even offer free shipping. Why? Because the nature of some collectors nowadays is just to buy everything, just at it comes out, and then worry about their finances later, and bills don't wait. I get that it is sometimes hard to wait, that the "feeling" of being one of the first ones to own the toy mean much to some, but waiting pays off sometimes.

There are people already selling their HT look alike Obi Wans and 1/4 Fetts for below retail already (on that same group), so, IMO of course, waiting should be the rule nowadays. There's absolutely zero incentives in PO'ing anything,nothing is rare anymore, not even the usual IM color variant, (that black MK7 can be had for retail, even less if you haggle) and the RP that SSC gives you now likely pay for shipping and that's it.

Hell, there's individuals paying more than $150 on top of retail JUST to be the ones to post the first pics of the HT Vader, if that is not insane then I don't know what is...

This is one beautiful doll, one I might just get, since I sold all others. I always loved this suit, and I hope they tweak the HS.

Last edited:

I ordered the two pack. Hoping the Keaton head turns out better than the proto. If I can get a single on the cheap I will display the torn cowl.

If I get this, it will be from the secondary market. No way in hell in paying full price.

There's always someone out there selling dollies they can't afford.

Especially with all the non Nolan Batman stuff. I feel a little silly having paid full price for 66 Batman and Mime Joker.

Don't forget the Nolan stuff like the Armory. How many people paid full price for those sets? :slap One of whom was me. :lol

I want the 2 pack but need that headsculpt to improve before I pull the trigger.

I agree. With the current two pack accessories, you can't even simultaneously display both the torn cowl look and Bruce w/ tux since there's only one Bruce head. The torn cowl should have had its own head.

***kin right.

Back