Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Anyone know how well the NECA Penguin sold? If it sold well maybe HT will see the demand for it and re-visit the line if they have indeed abandoned the idea of doing other characters from BR, which I guess no one really knows if they truly have or not. They could still have plans for all we know, but have just been taking their sweet time.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Why would Hot Toys even bother with Penguin or Catwoman at this point? There's zero incentive. That 2012/2013 ship has sailed. They wouldn't/won't, we're lucky to have gotten Batman and the Returns features on that Batmobile.

People should pick up NECA's fantastic Penguin figure. Closest thing to a high end Penguin that anyone is ever going to see.

Batman Returns was on last night, seeing the scene when Batman and Penguin first meet Catwoman was sad because that "Mayor" look was what I was waiting for HT to put out. Looks so good. Not interested in of his other looks!

Why would Hot Toys even bother with Penguin or Catwoman at this point? There's zero incentive. That 2012/2013 ship has sailed. They wouldn't/won't, we're lucky to have gotten Batman and the Returns features on that Batmobile.

People should pick up NECA's fantastic Penguin figure. Closest thing to a high end Penguin that anyone is ever going to see.

The demand for figures based on classic movies will not fade. It's nostalgia or childhood memories or simply just how people remembered the characters.
If Hot Toys later on decide to revisit the Batman Returns franchise, fans will still be interested. The truth is that these older movies aren't as popular as the new ones and especially the current Marvel over hype.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for either Catwoman or Penguin, especially with BvS and SS coming down the pike.

Oh well, maybe five years from now, when Phase Three and the SW ST are drawing to a close or are complete.

I think the interest for this has already faded. There are only a few of us left in here compared to 2012. I barely even come to the DC section at all anymore. It used to be the only section I checked.

Anyone know how well the NECA Penguin sold? If it sold well maybe HT will see the demand for it and re-visit the line if they have indeed abandoned the idea of doing other characters from BR, which I guess no one really knows if they truly have or not. They could still have plans for all we know, but have just been taking their sweet time.

It's sold out in South East Asia. Crazy, I know!

Yeah I have no hope for Penguin or Catwoman anymore. Still looking forward to my two pack though.

I don't think we will be seeing this guy until next year ...

2c2d2c5ac82dc26651c8c23f66f56fca.jpg

I remember when I was a kid and I first saw a pic of the new suit I was taken back by how different and streamlined it looked. I don't know if it was the theatrical poster, a SNES game poster, or an ad where I first saw it, but it instantly fascinatesd me because I just assumed they would reuse the original. While I prefer the '89 suit, I've ALWAYS wanted a proper articulated figure of the Returns suit. Hot Toys is finally delivering what I always wanted.

It's crazy to think that before this, this is all we ever got,

View attachment 218916
View attachment 218917

There are the Takara Batman 12 inch figures from both Returns and the first batman films.

RAH-BATMAN.jpg
takara__real_action_figure__batman_returns_1992_1418144141_ee6d5b82.jpg

They can get his face right in the cowl, but not outside of it... I really hope that butt ugly headsculpt got overhauled.

After Spook is over, I'm POing this. I'll probably have about close to $100 in points by then.

I doubt HT cares enough about this release to change the HS. It'll look hideous plain and simple.

I know many will have theirs probably repainted, or even will get a better looking one after but it'd be nice to get one out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats why I went with just the Batman release. Didn't think the Keaton sculpt was close enough... but damn. Been waiting three long years for this Batman. This is "my" Batman... the one I remember from being a kiddo.

I don't think we will be seeing this guy until next year ...

Next month apparently. Not every Hot Toys release appears on one of these posters^ Some of them come out without any warning.

Yeah, exactly.

Bet Batman hits unexpectedly in November/December. Plenty of collectors will get it in hand before January I reckon. He's coming.

According to HT Japan, both sets are scheduled for a December release in HK.

According to HT Japan, both sets are scheduled for a December release in HK.

I wouldn't mind that. The higher I can get my funds the better before I possibly take a chunk out of them. I say ''possibly'' because these days I operate a strict ''I'm not buying it until I buy it'' policy.

This will be in our North American hands in March (my call)

Back