Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

At this point, not entirely sure if I'm buying. How I feel when I see blogger pics and his price on Timcent's page will have a huge influence on my decision.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

It's is truly incredible. Two years ago I would've bought this in a heartbeat. Now? I truly don't give a **** anymore. As GREAT as this looks HT missed the boat with this. They took too long and I just truly don't care about getting this, at all.

Congrats to those that area still somehow exited about this.,

Yeah i feel the same, there is just a lot more things on my mind now to get this yr so i had to cancel. Especially since HT has given up on catwoman and penguin. :huh

Honestly Hot toys made us fool many times.We have been waiting for this one for so long.But I'm a die hard returns fan,so i'm still excited about it.
Anyway I agree with you all

Aside from the odd Star Wars figure, HT haven't gotten me hyped for a long time. It's the glimmer of stuff like the long gestating Rocky and Rambo, Alien and BTTF that gets me excited. I've skipped Han, Chewie, will skip Obi-Wan, Vader, pretty much all the releases so far.

I'm more excited about Threezero, Star Ace, and Storm Collectibles. They know what collectors want, are getting exciting licenses, keeping collectors in the loop, showing behind the scenes pics, not just overdosing collectors on Stark 24/7.

As foor future licenses I'd love to see:

Vikings
Muhammad Ali from Storm
Rocky and Rambo from anyone at this stage
Warcraft
The X-Files
Die Hard
Fast and Furious figures
That goddamned Neo figure to finally get up for preorder
A definitive 1/6 Bruce Lee
Conan the Barbarian in 1/6
A new non battle damaged galleria T2 T-800 for the anniversary next year
New marines for Aliens' anniversary next year

Last edited:

After Chewbacca, Returns Batman is my next purchase. I don't own a Batman so I'm hoping this will have a presence in my collection. I do agree that HT missed the mark when Returns should have been released. Many have moved on ie. Star Wars. I will admit my excitement for Penguin and Catwoman just like all HT collecting has reduced, mainly due to knowing these will not be DX and the high price and exchange rates. I give full props to HT for keeping Batman the same price as in 2012 and not increasing after so many years of waiting, but due to CAN exchange Batman will be $300 which to me is way too much for any action figure.

I love Star Wars but I don't want it to dominate my collection, and to be honest I have glimmers of Star Wars fatigue, so Batman Returns will be a nice palate cleanser.

I love Star Wars but I don't want it to dominate my collection, and to be honest I have glimmers of Star Wars fatigue, so Batman Returns will be a nice palate cleanser.

100% AGREE!! I have been doing SW all my life. I don't need it dominating my 1/6 display.

December would be nice. However shipping is crazy during that time. Everyone is sending cards and presents.

yeah Everyone is sending cards and presents and lots of ssssh.t.December always drives me crazy :) That why October or November would be the perfect time for releasing it

Christmas is an obvious great time for delivering Returns stuff. It's how it was meant to be :lecture

I'm still hyped for it. I missed out on the 89 Batman (started collecting after it came and went) and I refuse to pay some of the high prices I see for the complete set. I have the 89 Batmobile and getting the Returns Batman for it will be perfect :)

^^agreed I'm very excited for this and any other BR surprises that may come. The 89 car got me into collecting. My loyalties always lye with batman.

Btw I picked up this knock off head from ebay I dig it. Forget all the haters, I see Keaton! I'm ready for the set now.
6970538ef33c22db1b7517fcce2cf055.jpg
508571cbd7d914b0123b3416e0318006.jpg
a205e4aea84e4d2c90ec823917e92d94.jpg
458532ddf1eb7a970f5e5a38865f4743.jpg

That head sculpt look better then the current HT's version.
The emblem is different on the Returns batman though. Hopefully you can take the head out of that cowl.

That head sculpt look better then the current HT's version.
The emblem is different on the Returns batman though. Hopefully you can take the head out of that cowl.

You can take the head out the cowl but it doesn't fit on the 89 bats body, it's meant for the upcoming returns body.

I was looking forward to the 2 pack but it has been a while and I have 89 Batman and Joker already so I think Im going to pass. It helps that I like the 89 suit a lot better than the Returns one. Hopefully we get a Catwoman and Penguin one day but I think Im done with the Burton Batman line.

Aside from the odd Star Wars figure, HT haven't gotten me hyped for a long time. It's the glimmer of stuff like the long gestating Rocky and Rambo, Alien and BTTF that gets me excited. I've skipped Han, Chewie, will skip Obi-Wan, Vader, pretty much all the releases so far.

I'm more excited about Threezero, Star Ace, and Storm Collectibles. They know what collectors want, are getting exciting licenses, keeping collectors in the loop, showing behind the scenes pics, not just overdosing collectors on Stark 24/7.

As foor future licenses I'd love to see:

Vikings
Muhammad Ali from Storm
Rocky and Rambo from anyone at this stage
Warcraft
The X-Files
Die Hard
Fast and Furious figures
That goddamned Neo figure to finally get up for preorder
A definitive 1/6 Bruce Lee
Conan the Barbarian in 1/6
A new non battle damaged galleria T2 T-800 for the anniversary next year
New marines for Aliens' anniversary next year

Yes to lots of these, especially Neo and Galleria T-800. :duff

You can take the head out the cowl but it doesn't fit on the 89 bats body, it's meant for the upcoming returns body.

I don't think you have a knock off. It's a head sculpt released by Ace Toyz. The head sculpt should fit the Batman body just fine. You just need to right connector.

Have you tried using a hair dryer to get it on the 89 batman?

Back