Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Well yeah it's been handled badly considering it was supposed to be unveiled in 2012 but as per the revised schedule it wouldn't be out in HK yet, would it?

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

It'll be out here in Tokyo on November 30th...

I never expected this earlier than December as it wasn't expected until fourth quarter as far as I recall. I don't think there's any reason to get up in arms.

It will look so lonely without cat and penguin...

Amazing what a year and change can do to some people.

I have zero interest in this now. Sad, actually. It was the HT I was most looking forward to have ever since I started collecting.

Amazing what a year and change can do to some people.

I have zero interest in this now. Sad, actually. It was the HT I was most looking forward to have ever since I started collecting.

Be wary of making such definitive statements. I've done the same and ultimately ended up buying all the same.

I'm not certain with this one. I will buy it if I have managed to save money (for other undefined purposes) while still having the money to buy it. That's my thing at the moment. I haven't saved a penny in at least half a year at this stage, it has all been spent on one thing or another, not all on toys but on bills or dental costs, whatever. My aim is to put aside money for more longterm purposes, if I have managed to do that I will allow myself to dip into my other funds and maybe buy this. But that's where it's at, it's entirely finance-based. My interest is otherwise still right there where it has always been despite Hot Toys' shoddy treatment of this license. Where they ****ed up if they wanted my money is that they didn't release it in the initial expected timeframe when I probably would have bought without a second thought - now it's a little bit more in doubt. I may buy it. I may not.

Last edited:

I personally am happy to get this but I didn't have the DX09 and want a Keaton Batman so it's kind of a no brainer. I think if I had the DX09 I may have passed anyways since for me the costumes aren't different enough.

I personally am happy to get this but I didn't have the DX09 and want a Keaton Batman so it's kind of a no brainer. I think if I had the DX09 I may have passed anyways since for me the costumes aren't different enough.

I've tried to tell myself that but I think it's just on the very cusp of ''different enough'' for me not to be able to rule it out completely.....*********.

I'm locked in with a pre-order for the full set at SSC. Really hoping they reworked the Keaton sculpt, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high. If they did, and it looks alright, I'll initially display him with the ripped cowl standing next to the '89 mime Joker. It's not ideal, but sort of works. Might pick-up the Tweeterhead Returns Catwoman since it's 1/6 scale, but I've never posed a figure with a statue before.

Obviously would've liked to have had the trifecta of the Bat, Cat, and Penguin. Maybe some day. If it's one thing I've learned with Hot Toys, they seem to be entirely predictable with all the Marvel and Star Wars figures, and then BAM!, they announce a John Matrix-type figure out of the clear blue. So if this Batman Returns figure does well, maybe there is some hope.

And I need that Arkham City Joker to go with my AC Batman, *********!!

As a Die Hard fan, for me are enough different xD

attachment.php

As a Die Hard fan, for me are enough different xD

attachment.php

100% agree. The differences in the suit are not that subtle, the biggest one is the texture. Gifts love that gloss look to it instead of the pitted matte of the original.
Can't wait to get this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a guy who doesn't own any HT Batman (passed on 89 as I did not want two in my collection), Returns will be welcomed and the longest waited figure (since 2012) in my collection.

100% agree. The differences in the suit are not that subtle, the biggest one is the texture. Gifts love that gloss look to it instead of the pitted matte of the original.
Can't wait to get this

I'm not saying the differences aren't there I just personally don't feel like they're so different that if I owned the first release I'd absolutely have to have this one too. I'm happy to get it and would be happy to find a DX09 if it were a reasonable price but this version of the Keaton Batman is good for me otherwise. I've personally always liked the Batman Returns suit better despite not liking the film.

I'm not saying the differences aren't there I just personally don't feel like they're so different that if I owned the first release I'd absolutely have to have this one too. I'm happy to get it and would be happy to find a DX09 if it were a reasonable price but this version of the Keaton Batman is good for me otherwise. I've personally always liked the Batman Returns suit better despite not liking the film.

I'm with you on the suit but Ioved the film, really nostalgic & the last of its kind I think. I was born in 81 & batman was such a big deal for me, I'd read the comics then when it came out I was too young to go see it at the cinema but when batman returns came out I was front in line. Thats why its my favourite

Back