Hot Toys - MMS 111 - John Connor (Final Battle Version)- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds cool, be good to have him in my grubby mitts before the rock pile goes!

I'm guessing the Hydrobot won't be water resistant!:lol

Well the Alien's been premiered since the summer so that makes sense, John's only been known of for about a month, but maybe even before that Toy Hunters worked something out to get a certain production run ammount done before hand, they got DX Jokers almost exclusively out the gate and a month or two before everywhere else, just seems fast to produce a figure like that, just a few months.

it all depends on how long it was in developement before hand, i would think that both johns were made at the same time, they just space out the anouncements in order to sell them,
we dont know when the figures are actually being made, just from when they're announced

Sounds cool, be good to have him in my grubby mitts before the rock pile goes!

I'm guessing the Hydrobot won't be water resistant!:lol

Even if it is I am sure you DSLR isn't :rotfl
I just know that Toys2 is saying that HT is trying to get as much out before the holiday season in HK as they can.
JC hasn't changed much as it is just a repaint so maybe that's why it is done so much faster?

Connor himself shouldn't be too complex, and they got Marcus out in a few months, it's more the Hydrobot I figured would slow down his production, I just hope the rush doesn't mean QC issues.

Well the Alien's been premiered since the summer so that makes sense, John's only been known of for about a month, but maybe even before that Toy Hunters worked something out to get a certain production run ammount done before hand, they got DX Jokers almost exclusively out the gate and a month or two before everywhere else, just seems fast to produce a figure like that, just a few months.

I believe that Hot Toys and Toy Hunters are owned by the same shareholders. Hot Toys would have everything worked out and the production scheduled well in advance of the release. China definitely isn't short of labour. We really have to keep an eye on those guys...

There was a lot of other figures announced before this one, and it gets out of the gate first? Where's the Alien, Wolverine, Michael Jackson, Silk Spectre II, Mars Attacks, Astro Boy, etc etc?

Oh well, I'm looking forward to seeing how well the scarring is done on the final figure.

If it's really coming out this fast, sadly, I have a feeling the scarring will be no more than a thick layering of blood on his face, would love if it looked more like a gouge into his skin, but as is still looks cool, that's icing on the cake to make this figure pretty different from the first, but I also like the costume and gear and the hydrobot.

Just being realistic, even if this has been in production for some time, the head looks to be the corrected v1 head, so they probably just did an extra run with the blood paint done like this.

3911795792_27c6d4f6dc_o.jpg

I doubt they created a new sculpt mold just to add a little gouging for a scar, too costly for too little, it's smarter for them to just do it this way.

Had they done and all new head sculpt, then I'd expect a deeper cut, but going with cost savings, paint's the smart route.

Just being realistic, even if this has been in production for some time, the head looks to be the corrected v1 head, so they probably just did an extra run with the blood paint done like this.
I doubt they created a new sculpt mold just to add a little gouging for a scar, too costly for too little, it's smarter for them to just do it this way.

Had they done and all new head sculpt, then I'd expect a deeper cut, but going with cost savings, paint's the smart route.

I agree, I think it'll be a modified V1/V2 head. Would have been nice if we got a new head with a different expression...

The damage we see looks pretty accurate to me. The left side of his face would have been paralysed if the cuts were any deeper. Then again, he wasn't affected by the heat and radiation from a couple of nuclear detonations, so anything goes in movie land.

I think the paint/detail apps will be as good (or better) as they look in that promo photo. They'll have to go through all the expense and hassle of distributing a new head if it isn't, so I think they would have made sure that the quality is what we would expect it to be. They don't need another V1 debarcle.

Back