Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also if you display him with his inner mouth stick out with the jaw open for months, the mouth tendons could start to rip.

---

I see they've announced a Warrior 2.0, but are there any rumblings of a Big Chap 2.0?

I'm about to pick this guy up and with my luck, BC 2.0 gets announced this week. This literally happened with City Hunter 2.0, Scar, and the last TDK Joker, so it wouldn't be the first time this has happened to me:lol

Well, they are releasing an original Ripley from the first movie, so one would think HT has a Big Chap in their back pocket. But that's the damn thing with HT, you just never know when the heck they will release it. Been two years for Ripley as it is. Then out of the blue they announce a new Warrior with a 3 month shipping window. :dunno

Yes the open mouth was terrible! Destroyed the look of the figure! All for the stupid tongue extending gimmick (which i never use). Better to be like Medi and Neca and have it pull out if you want. Anyway, I glued my BC mouth's shut for a much better appearance. It looks to me like HT is making a point to show that this new one (Warrior 2.0) can have it's mouth shut without the need to glue it.

Last edited:
I'm selling a Big Chap. MIB, box has some weathering.
400€+shipping. Based in Spain, Europe, zip46800. Money transfer or ppal (send money, no fees).
Interested PM me.
m.

i'd think about it if it was $300 shipping included and if i didn't already have it, but 400€+shipping o_O

BTW, I did a little bit of digging and found the official announcement Hot Toys made regarding their alien figure:

"To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the ALIEN movie (1979), we have been invested a very long time to develop the best 1/6th scale Alien collectible which you never had. Another great job done by our talented artist - Joseph Tsang after AVP She Predator and Alien Bust projects, this collectible perfectly captured the first appearance of the Big Chap Alien in the movie. If you are looking for a replica of Giger’s work, this is the one! Don’t miss any chance to get this worthiest Alien collectible while you can".
(Hot Toys-July 25th, 2009)

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/news/?paged=3

what a perfect post.

oh and it looks like i found the start of that comparison picture that grew to a dozen or more different aliens today.

aliensuit1.jpg

100_5731.jpg

necahead.jpg

4118972527_80655e446d_b.jpg

Last edited:
At this point I've given up on HT producing a good Xenomorph.
I settled in the past, but at this point there's really no excuse at the current prices.

My 1st HT figure was the AVP warrior that retailed for $130 which was expensive at the time.
A decade later and $100 more and they still don't seem to care enough.

Prime1, 3A and NECA is where I invest now.

Last edited:
look how everybody put the wires from alien's jaw to his shoulders, and only tsang put them to his head.
btw it's easily fixable and it was the first thing i did with mine.

well must be because he based his alien on mcfarlane alien, and that one had hoses attached to the head instead of shoulders.

004.jpg

the only reason why the body was so good is because he copied it from MF, and it was detailed and accurate enough.

in terms of paint - yes, luckily the only HT A1 i got was a customised one, and his previous owner changed the paint to black/grey which at least looks better than rusty/chocolate.
but suit details and overall shape look ok.

Really?

Take a better look, the legs are completely wrong, both the overall shape and the details. And the head and hands have been discussed to death. This alien is almost as fantasy driven as their first Aliens figure.

...in that case i'd better not have a better look, i can hate a figure when i see its wrongs, head and hands is already enough :(

I have one of these for sale if anyone is interested, he's in excellent shape with all accessories and no damaged rubber.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I think you are right about copying windrix's stylized mcfarlane sculpt...all the wrong details are present on the hot toys....
Extra "muscles" on lower legs, wide fin-like vertebrae, thin back tubes, flattish feet, wicked witch hands, rust color of the mcf prototype......exaggerated marvelized anatomy....

Back