Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, it looks to be the same but with a different paint application. Even the base is the same.

The original Big Chap may not be perfect but it's still one of my favorite Hot Toys figures. I did the chrome update to the teeth and nails as well. Along with Dallas and Kane, those three were my first ventures into Hot Toys, if not mistaken.

I hope its a new one!

12572959_1085381921495359_8134655429561146763_n.jpg

So Hot Toys are producing a new Alien figure, but once again are re-tooling their "artistic licence" version?

So Hot Toys are producing a new Alien figure, but once again are re-tooling their "artistic licence" version?

No its the old alien figure they released thats in the catalog not a new one. Don't you think by now we would have seen the preorder for the figure go up or at least an announcement they are releasing a new version. Jesh...

Really hope they do a new 1/6 Alien. NECA have recently set the bar with their 1/4 alien IMO, though they do not have the license to make 1/6.
The sticking point will be price - with the 1/4 at the price it is, it'll be difficult to pay over double for a smaller version. Not sure of the best route for them to take.

I had no idea Hot Toys had done Alien figures. Are the Ripley figures new reveals or were they released before too?

No its the old alien figure they released thats in the catalog not a new one. Don't you think by now we would have seen the preorder for the figure go up or at least an announcement they are releasing a new version. Jesh...

Hence my question. Jesh......

My money is on a new one, no really a new one per se as it Will be a repainted version of the original release.
Just as the new power loader.

They should put resources to make a 1:6 Alien Queen as opposed to stuff like the 1/12th "The Bat" from Dark Knight.

----

Hey guys, the day before HT released the new catalogue I bought the MMS106..! At least it was sealed and in near perfect conditions.. So now I have a question.. I have displayed my alien this way..

4c648935bee064419747a5d7f3311ace.jpg

67878517cd351566789b99bf432e0611.jpg

90a92f402f761a77c0f0cd3160d065db.jpg

Do you think that this pose can damage the rubber body or it's safe?
Thank you very much!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Thaïs probably the safest position ever.
The big chap rubber is pretty good, never heard bad things.
Yu might want to invest in gummi pfledge rubber protection tho.

Your pose looks fine.

Be VERY careful with the area where the tail connects to the body. If you bend it too much, it may rip and separate there. I've seen it happen with others' figures.

IMG_1627.jpg

Thanks! I think I'll never change the pose again, it looks good and it's ok with the space I need in my detolf. If it is also good for the rubber, Big Chap can relax and enjoy the company of a Predator!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Yep, like FlyAndFight said - the underside of the tail is the only spot you have to be careful of. I've got a lot more angle at the hips and knees than that pose & it's been fine.

Back