Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello fellow alien hunters :hi5:

Last month I purchased a Big Chap off eBay for $200 (and of course the price was too good to be true so he never arrived (don't worry I got my money back though))!

Anyways, I am posting today because I am still looking for a Big Chap and was wondering what a fair price would be for the figure?
Keep in mind if purchasing off eBay, or this site, he does not have to be in new condition... The original one I purchased had a cracked dome (which I have read is an issue) and of course he had problems with his joints...

Thoughts?

Hello fellow alien hunters :hi5:

Last month I purchased a Big Chap off eBay for $200 (and of course the price was too good to be true so he never arrived (don't worry I got my money back though))!

Anyways, I am posting today because I am still looking for a Big Chap and was wondering what a fair price would be for the figure?
Keep in mind if purchasing off eBay, or this site, he does not have to be in new condition... The original one I purchased had a cracked dome (which I have read is an issue) and of course he had problems with his joints...

Thoughts?

Very difficult to answer this question. As the question of "fair" is always connected to the degree of wanting an item, IMHO.

I bought mine at ebay (Europe) for about 380 Euros.

The condition was brand new in sealed box with no damages. Considering the fact I REALLY wanted this Figure and keeping in mind the price level of this figure , I found it a fair price.:)

Hello friends. I had a really bad day with my Big Chap recently when he decided to take a flying leap off the shelf and snap his ankle joint.

Does anyone here know of any place to get a replacement? Are there joints from any other figures that could be used with some modding? I love this damn figure and I hate to see it in pieces.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that, I had the same thing happen (shelf dive) way back when I first got him. I use one of the clear medicom stands hooked around his tail.

Are the ankles a ball joint like the wrists? From memory this came with extra wrist pegs on each hand, maybe you could mod one of those.

I've seen people fix their Aliens using ankle pegs from Predator figures.

Recently I bought a Big Chap for an insultingly low best offer price (yay for me!). Waiting for it to arrive.

However, the figure is not perfect - hand pegs are broken and one of the hands is permanently attached to the arm with sculpey resin - so it doesn't move. See pics below:

I intend to fix this figure, the question is how do I do that? :)

I think it should be relatively easy to:
- remove the resin - a knife should do the trick, right?
- remove the broken pegs from inside of the arm and hand - a small driller + screw to pull it out

BUT

how do I attach the hand back again?

I think I read once that some Predator pegs can be used, but I need more details. Which pegs of which Predator will fit?

Thanks!

You can't use Predator hand pegs for the Big Chap because they are different and larger. If you got the Big Chap complete there should be 2 extra hands there with extra pegs attached to it.

Yeah, though they are broken as well. That's why I'm trying to figure out a solution :) So Big Chap had dedicated hand pegs that no other figure ever used?

If standard human pegs fit that would be great! I have some spare black Batman pegs laying around, I'll give them a try when the figure arrives. Thanks!

Really looking to add an alien to my collection and obviously big chap would be the preferred but with the crazy prices it's running for I don't think I could afford. I know there are million other hot toys aliens, is there any opinions on the closest to the original ? Or maybe buying an open or slightly damaged big chap? I am new to buying these and don't know if buying a damaged one is just a huge mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really looking to add an alien to my collection and obviously big chap would be the preferred but with the crazy prices it's running for I don't think I could afford. I know there are million other hot toys aliens, is there any opinions on the closest to the original ? Or maybe buying an open or slightly damaged big chap? I am new to buying these and don't know if buying a damaged one is just a huge mistake

You should just hold off and be patient. HotToys will be spinning up the Aliens line soon and although no plans have been shown for a new BigChap, I'm sure they will release another one. I personally didn't like the artistic license they used on the first release so I'm waiting for what's to come.

Great thanks for a quick response that's pretty much the answer I was looking for

Great thanks for a quick response that's pretty much the answer I was looking for

Get the medicom rah big chap. The sculpt is way more accurate and you can easily get one from japanese auction sites for under $150. I have both and the medicom is what i will keep if can only have one.

BE warned though, while the medicom is more accurate, its also small...... 71633d1261374501-opinion-ht-big-chap-medicom-rah-alien-img_5145.jpg

Can somebody tell if the Big Chap shown on Hot Toy's recent "catalogue" actually is the MMS 106?
Wondering if it's just for comparison or if it will be re-released or maybe even updated.

Been looking for a good deal on this figure for a long time.

Back