Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, Kyle did sculpt the first Giger alien prototype for Movie Maniacs 5, but his sculpt was never used. Kyle was taken off the assignment and put to work on some sports figures, if I recall correctly. The final figure was sculpted by someone else.

This was Kyle's original prototype for the MM5 boxed set:

You can tell at first glance that it was a lot better (accuracy wise) than what McFarlane ended up putting out.

I remember the excitement about that set. Those would be my first Alien and Predator figures since the Kenner toys. When I got it I loved it but boy did it not age well. :lol

And what a bizarre decision to remove Kyle from that project.

Actually, Kyle did sculpt the first Giger alien prototype for Movie Maniacs 5, but his sculpt was never used. Kyle was taken off the assignment and put to work on some sports figures, if I recall correctly. The final figure was sculpted by someone else.

This was Kyle's original prototype for the MM5 boxed set:

You can tell at first glance that it was a lot better (accuracy wise) than what McFarlane ended up putting out.

That makes perfect sense. This Alien is s lot better than the final product for sure Are there any other pics of the toto type or was this a teaser photo?

I remember the excitement about that set. Those would be my first Alien and Predator figures since the Kenner toys. When I got it I loved it but boy did it not age well. :lol

And what a bizarre decision to remove Kyle from that project.

Yeah, it seems Todd didn't really care too much about the license or accuracy.
I remember being so pissed off when the first pics of the production piece came out. I ranted and raved endlessly on the McF forums...
But... I still keep it.

That makes perfect sense. This Alien is s lot better than the final product for sure Are there any other pics of the toto type or was this a teaser photo?

This is the only other pic I've ever seen.

It was still pretty rough, and a lot of details were wrong, but it certainly was a great sculpt.

i loved my McFarlane aliens, all of them!
lacking the accuracy, they were still wonderful in detalisation and paint.
it's easy to nitpick and naysay today, when seemingly everybody tried his skills in making aliens. but back in those days they were unique.

i loved my McFarlane aliens, all of them!
lacking the accuracy, they were still wonderful in detalisation and paint.
it's easy to nitpick and naysay today, when seemingly everybody tried his skills in making aliens. but back in those days they were unique.

I certainly enjoyed them back then - not the Predator 2 figures though - always thought they looked a bit crap with the anorexia, joints ranging from useless to bizarre, pathetic execution of the dreadlocks and the P2 biomask that looked more like the P1 version for some reason.

I liked the Aliens warrior and I actually still use those in my collection even though the tails broke off on half of them. The AvP Aliens came with some cool set-pieces which I would still use today were I collecting the NECA AvP line.

yeah the McFarlane aliens were pretty good. I Remember picking up the alien queen and being very happy with it. Was pretty expensive on the ebay marketplace though right up until neca released their queen.

Last edited:
I've only kept their MM5 alien, from the first run, that had the lever under the head.
I like to keep at least one version of every Giger alien in that scale, it's cool to see the different takes on the same figure.

30230428371_dd86fc2a0b_h.jpg

Here are one of the prototype pics of predator from the McFarlane boxset. I still remember all the anger when the production pieces came out and looked nothing like there original pics. Still loved the set back then.IMG_1978.JPG

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-35502749

Absconded rapist Joseph Tsang extradited to UK
5 February 2016
From the section Oxford
Joseph TsangImage copyrightTHAMES VALLEY POLICE
Image caption
Joseph Tsang was arrested in Hong Kong where he has family ties
A rapist who fled to Hong Kong before his trial has been extradited to the UK to start his 15-year prison sentence.

raping our toys and childhood memories wasn't enough for him.

i googled JT to use his photo in that "check your HT headsculpt for celebreties match" game - and the only thing all over google now is this. was unexpected for me enough to be funny :dunno

Back