1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Sideshow.

My wife got me the batpod for my birthday a couple weeks ago. From TDK trilogy I've already got Joker (topo), Two-Face(HT), Scarecrow (Daftoys), and Bane (HT). I'm THRILLED to finally be getting the star of the show.
Cool. Hopefully, Sideshow fulfilling my order isnt too far off now. When did you put your pre-order in?

InArt announced they are doing a Bale batman. Exciting times
I'm also very interested in what inArt have to offer for this figure in 1/6 scale but to be brutally honest I don't really think they can achieve the engineering, proportion and complexity of the hot toys suit, (unless they try to make an exact copy of the hottoys dx19 ), I mean Even after the armory they keep improving the suit and sculpt.

Also we have the disaster in 1/3 scale format of the dark knight from queen... That At least to me that statue it's a complete failure in likeness for both sculpts.

I really hope joker delivers but for now I'm not going to preorder anything from queen studios

Last edited:
I'm also very interested in what inArt have to offer for this figure in 1/6 scale but to be brutally honest I don't really think they can achieve the engineering, proportion and complexity of the hot toys suit, (unless they try to make an exact copy of the hottoys dx19 ), I mean Even after the armory they keep improving the suit and sculpt.

Also we have the disaster in 1/3 scale format of the dark knight from queen... That At least to me that statue it's a complete failure in likeness for both sculpts.

I really hope joker delivers but for now I'm not going to preorder anything from queen studios for now
I’ve got to agree that statue is wildly off in many ways. I keep seeing one on eBay and the in hand photos make it look even worse. The cowl shape is okay but a bit soft, the chin and eyes are just like weird featureless porcelain doll nonsense.

Im shocked by how stylized the JND 1/3 cowl is too. They added lines and shapes that just aren’t present on the real cowl. It’s like a sharpened Anime cowl for $2400. It‘s odd too because it’s done by the same sculpter behind the QS001 cowl and most of DX19 shrink even though it has some slight revisions. Somehow I think the JND cowl is more off than the QS001 they did nearly ten years ago.

So I'm just now getting into HT figures and how the hell do you get the battery's in the head with the light up eyes? I've tried tweezers and everything and can't get all three in there.

So I'm just now getting into HT figures and this is my first one with one of these light up bases and ummm...I can't seem to grasp how it works. There's no hole in the battery latch to keep it closed once I pried it open. There's no screw hole or screw. Any ideas? Did I get a defective one? Also, how the hell do you get the battery's in the head with the light up eyes? I've tried tweezers and everything and can't get all three in there.
Afaik the base does not light up on the dx19, only the dx12 had that feature. As for the head batteries I usually insert 2 of the batteries, then shove the 3rd battery in between the other 2. I use my fingers too as tweezers never help.

Afaik the base does not light up on the dx19, only the dx12 had that feature. As for the head batteries I usually insert 2 of the batteries, then shove the 3rd battery in between the other 2. I use my fingers too as tweezers never help.

Yeah, I realized that about the base after watching a video and I then edited my post. Sorry.

Yeah, I can't get the batteries in at all with my fingers or tweezers. I've tried squeezing the third one in between the other two and can't get it in.

From Sideshow.

My wife got me the batpod for my birthday a couple weeks ago. From TDK trilogy I've already got Joker (topo), Two-Face(HT), Scarecrow (Daftoys), and Bane (HT). I'm THRILLED to finally be getting the star of the show.
Got one also about 3 weeks ago waiting on the DX19 .Have my Keaton Batman standing next to it till i get the 19.Looks Great tho.Congrats enjoy it.

Yeah, I realized that about the base after watching a video and I then edited my post. Sorry.

Yeah, I can't get the batteries in at all with my fingers or tweezers. I've tried squeezing the third one in between the other two and can't get it in.
I used a flat head screwdriver like a very small one that is used to remove the heads screw. I put two in, and then use the screwdriver to push them down enough then drop the third battery in, I slowly bring it back up, and remove the screwdriver. It takes a while and some patience but you should be able to get it done that way.

Mine shipped friday from SS with an estimated delivery date of the 19th and now the UPS tracking info already says it's delayed for some reason. For the amount SS charges for shipping it should really be 1 or 2 day shipping.

Mine shipped friday from SS with an estimated delivery date of the 19th and now the UPS tracking info already says it's delayed for some reason. For the amount SS charges for shipping it should really be 1 or 2 day shipping.

Omg yes. I have wondered this for years as to why they charge so much and only offer abysmal ups ground speed. Everyone else i buy from on the internet double boxes for free and use bubble wrap. How can sideshow not have enough money to double box for free like everybody else?

If it wasn't for them getting their stock in sooner and offering rewards I wouldn't buy from them at all, honestly. BBTS's $4 shipping is packaged better and gets to me quicker.

At this point I only buy from Sideshow if it’s something I absolutely have to have a perfect copy of. Their replacement parts program has come in handy a few times.

If it’s a figure I want to get as soon as possible I just buy from HK directly as soon as it hits.

Nice, a shame these aren’t more available

Attachments

• 1F0A9FD3-E990-4EFA-BB58-28A70118C97F.jpeg
    1F0A9FD3-E990-4EFA-BB58-28A70118C97F.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 86
  • 3E0AAB77-B912-4CF4-A282-52CF9DD88112.jpeg
    3E0AAB77-B912-4CF4-A282-52CF9DD88112.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 88CE5D21-C22E-4DB5-8797-DCEDFC539184.jpeg
    88CE5D21-C22E-4DB5-8797-DCEDFC539184.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 85
Back