1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That includes Bank Robber Jokers though right? I forgot their MMS numbers

Ya.

I feel like it’s time to update this,

While the idea of it holds true to this day, it hasn’t aged well.

MMS 68 Joker (purple clown shape 1)
MMS 79 Joker (bank robbin 1)
DX 01 Joker (purple clown shape 2 + honor guard bro)
DX 11 Joker (purple clown shape 3)
MMS 249 Joker (bank robbin 2)
QS 10 Joker (purple clown shape 4)

They should do a nurse version. **** Nolan. Ledger has been dead for 12 years, who cares.

Purple clown shape. :lol Those were the days.

So DX20 or DX21 should be v4 purple clown shape.... OR v3 DX purple clown shape.

I was hoping for an updated Begins version...but i guess this is nice for new collectors or those who missed out on the DX12.

Bit of a disappointment though that apart from the cowl and mouth plates which are the 1/4 version scaled down (and still not accurate) it's basically a re-issue.

I'm betting they'll re-issue the DX11 Joker too with that awful scaled down 1/4 version head sculpt:(

I'm betting they'll re-issue the DX11 Joker too with that awful scaled down 1/4 version head sculpt:(

Hopefully they get the socks right. As for the sculpt, I wouldn't mind a "clean" makeup version like the 1/4 or the DX01, but hopefully it's a newly sculpt head. They should include the grenade jacket and maybe a kitchen background from the mob meeting scene. IMO HT hasn't made a definitive Joker figure.

Having said all that, the DX 12 teaser was more creative and cooler than anything HT has done with the DX 19 promo shots.

RY9VdWG.jpg

To me, the second head that came with the original Bank Robber figure has been HT's best Joker sculpt, just hated the eyes painted off to the side.

mms79-joker3.jpg

Not saying it's the best Joker sculpt out there, just the one I like best from HT.

To me, the second head that came with the original Bank Robber figure has been HT's best Joker sculpt, just hated the eyes painted off to the side.

mms79-joker3.jpg

Not saying it's the best Joker sculpt out there, just the one I like best from HT.

Great times back then. I was in college and single.

mms79-joker3.jpg

This figure was my first discovery of Hot Toys and it pushed me into 1/6 collecting. I found it at WB store and was amazed that something of this quality may be produced (it was 2009)... and still in the game :)

This figure was my first discovery of Hot Toys and it pushed me into 1/6 collecting. I found it in WB store and was amazed that something of this qualit may be produced (it was 2009)... and still in the game :)

Yeah, when the BR figure came out, I went to a local collectible store and the owner took me to back room and said, "It's a sight to behold", and he took out a box and showed me the figure. I was mind blown by the details, especially when compared to the DC Direct version which supposedly used Ledger's 3D scan or something. Unfortunately, that BR it was already sold to a customer, so I had to buy it online. I also got the first MMS Joker, TDK Batman, and Two-face. I had to have them all. :lol I sold them all as new versions were made over time. I only kept the DX 1, which I've never even taken out of the box, the DX 11, and 12.

If they are revisiting the Dark Knight Rises, they need to another run of Bane for those that missed out... without the hideous elbow joints.

AND if they are revisiting this franchise randomly, we needs a "Mob Meeting" joker, WITH ROOTED HAIR and a smirking, head down, eyes up expression.

Oh yeah, and please do a Batman Returns Penguin and Catwoman!

C'mon Hot Toys!

hqdefault.jpg

I wager that they are going the Rises route because that let's them pack in the EMP gun and expand the accessories of the figure, although they include the sticky bomb gun and that's exclusively used in Dark Knight, so who knows. I don't they're specifically revisiting the movie though, I think they're just circling back to a known hot seller that they can make some quick cash off. I know they've made some small enhancements, but I don't see them doing like a full Bane revisit, but, selling this and a Joker may provided needed funding to support releasing those Forever figures getting released and possible other figures people have been waiting for.

IMO, the suit looks much better in TDK than it looked in Rises. But that may be due to more nighttime scenes than daylight fights in Rises.

I am considering getting this. I'll wait to see HT's take on the Pattinson suit first.

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

If the reason you're collecting is for the ability to say HAHA I GOT ONE YOU DON'T, probably for the best to leave, mate.

These aren't editions. They're not numbered, they don't have a 1/2000. Hot Toys also don't care about after market prices and if a new release drives it up or down, because they've already sold the item, they got their money.

Not to mention this is newly sculpted, so it's not a reissue using the same parts at all, it's a new release.

Scalpers and zealots go wah wah.

While I agree with most of this, there is a counter argument to be made.

I think most of HT pricing relies HEAVLY on the idea that a popular figure will sell out. We all know what it?s like missing out on a figure due to finances only to find ebay scalpers triple the price down the line.

So if they have the ability to reissue figures , why not produce them in large enough quantity to be sure they do not become SOLD OUT??

I?ll tell you why.....because HT relies on that to keep inflating the prices of these things, they want to create scarcity and value......to justify the soon to be average of 300 a figure.

If they ran open editions I guarantee people would not jump on these figures a quickly as they do. Guaranteed. They prices would then plummet due to loss of PERCEIVED value.

That?s why HT will never ever in a million years run a second edition of a popular sold out figure the same year it sells out....

At least not without adding a few new additions to scoop up that delicious OCD collector cash.

IE see Jedi Luke/Endor Luke

HT is a crap company. Bottom line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love for a headsculpt with paint scheme to look just like this, to me it's when the makeup and everything look best.

attachment.php

Back