1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over the shoulder look at how well the pleating/bunching looks that HT sewed in, as well as a look at how good Oaty’s shoulder armor looks installed.

BD987A58-DD36-4839-A5C7-16F26038407C.jpeg

I like the stock Cape material it drapes nicely but it's a bit too long imo
what you did makes it sit really flush and well onto the figure

I hear you mate. It is awfully long. And very wide. A lot of material in general. I personally like the drape effect, but wouldn’t mind a short version as well.

I like the stock Cape material it drapes nicely but it's a bit too long imo
what you did makes it sit really flush and well onto the figure

Over the shoulder look at how well the pleating/bunching looks that HT sewed in, as well as a look at how good Oaty’s shoulder armor looks installed.

View attachment 596244
Nice, I'm going to give the cape a shot. When you said matte clear acrylic, did you mean matte acrylic coating spray? Also, did you get the unpainted or painted pads? I can live with the HS but the shoulders do bother me so I'm considering getting them. I can stomach 40 bucks and I'm pretty handy so I'd like to give them a shot but wish there was a more detailed tutorial, preferably a video showing how to sand/paint/install them.

Thanks for answering, I appreciate it.

Nice, I'm going to give the cape a shot. When you said matte clear acrylic, did you mean matte acrylic coating spray? Also, did you get the unpainted or painted pads? I can live with the HS but the shoulders do bother me so I'm considering getting them. I can stomach 40 bucks and I'm pretty handy so I'd like to give them a shot but wish there was a more detailed tutorial, preferably a video showing how to sand/paint/install them.

Yeah I agree I’d do the shoulder pad mod too if there was a video

I used Vallejo’s matte acrylic clear. I just brushed it on the cut edge, to seal it up and prevent fraying. As for the shoulders, mine were unpainted. I sand them using Tamiya 2000 paper. Then prime them with tamiya primer, and paint with Vallejo Mecha Pure Black. It’s all pretty straightforward. If you’ve airbrushed gunpla, it’s the same steps. Sand, prime, paint, seal. As for installation you just have to carefully pry off the existing shoulder pads by pushing in on the little triangle near the pad’s front top corner where it’s attached to the Kevlar bit in the collar.

I used Vallejo’s matte acrylic clear. I just brushed it on the cut edge, to seal it up and prevent fraying. As for the shoulders, mine were unpainted. I sand them using Tamiya 2000 paper. Then prime them with tamiya primer, and paint with Vallejo Mecha Pure Black. It’s all pretty straightforward. If you’ve airbrushed gunpla, it’s the same steps. Sand, prime, paint, seal. As for installation you just have to carefully pry off the existing shoulder pads by pushing in on the little triangle near the pad’s front top corner where it’s attached to the Kevlar bit in the collar.
Thanks for the thorough answer. While I've been wanting to get into resin 3d prints and painting them with airbrushes myself, not sure if I'm ready to go down that rabbit hole yet. Is the airbrush needed for painting? Or do you think someone could get away with just a brush?

Thanks for the thorough answer. While I've been wanting to get into resin 3d prints and painting them with airbrushes myself, not sure if I'm ready to go down that rabbit hole yet. Is the airbrush needed for painting? Or do you think someone could get away with just a brush?
Brush won’t work, you need to atomize the paint to get an even smooth coat. You may be able to get by using a Tamiya rattle can black. But I’m not sure how that would match the rest of the suit’s blacks.

Brush won’t work, you need to atomize the paint to get an even smooth coat. You may be able to get by using a Tamiya rattle can black. But I’m not sure how that would match the rest of the suit’s blacks.
Actually it is possible, but it is very difficult and requires lot of experience not to end up with visible brush strokes, in case od using acrilic paints the drying retarder is necessary, so the spray paint is the fastest, easiest and cheapest option (y)

Actually it is possible, but it is very difficult and requires lot of experience not to end up with visible brush strokes, in case od using acrilic paints the drying retarder is necessary, so the spray paint is the fastest, easiest and cheapest option (y)
There are different perceptions of visible

Super excited to be in the DX19 club!

A quick story first:

I wanted, but wasn't in the market to get the Batman Armory because the 2nd hand prices I would see were either too high, the Armory wasn't complete, or they bundled in extra stuff I didn't want. I pretty much gave up on picking it up.

I saw one where the price was high but not ridiculously so, so I put in an offer for it that I didn't think the person would go for, almost as closure to move on, and the person accepted my offer!

So I am now the proud owner of both the Armory and the DX19. I don't have the armory or Batman set up exactly how I want it yet, but here's a pic of both.
9E82C9A3-FC9A-42BC-8884-B6DB436478BB.jpg

Edit: I think part of the reason it was cheaper was because the Armory Batman's cape had the clips detached from it and now I'm thinking that just means it's one step closer to completing the cape mod that Rory did on his Batman.

Last edited:
Super excited to be in the DX19 club!

A quick story first:

I wanted, but wasn't in the market to get the Batman Armory because the 2nd hand prices I would see were either too high, the Armory wasn't complete, or they bundled in extra stuff I didn't want. I pretty much gave up on picking it up.

I saw one where the price was high but not ridiculously so, so I put in an offer for it that I didn't think the person would go for, almost as closure to move on, and the person accepted my offer!

So I am now the proud owner of both the Armory and the DX19. I don't have the armory or Batman set up exactly how I want it yet, but here's a pic of both.
9E82C9A3-FC9A-42BC-8884-B6DB436478BB.jpg

Edit: I think part of the reason it was cheaper was because the Armory Batman's cape had the clips detached from it and now I'm thinking that just means it's one step closer to completing the cape mod that Rory did on his Batman.
The armor figure’s cape is a different material than the DX19 though FYI.

I wonder if that Rises armory will see the light of day. I sort of want to order the Giao Bruce set but not if there’s going to be an official release. Seems like it would be weird timing especially if a whole batman is included in the price.

I also want to upgrade the Batman in my TDK armory but that’s a lot of $ for what’s basically window dressing. I think I’ll just stick with a modded armory fig unless DX19s become a dime a dozen.

Attachments

• E5F67561-8C4D-44A2-B35B-14CAFC4663EA.jpeg
    E5F67561-8C4D-44A2-B35B-14CAFC4663EA.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 0
  • A7CA8E24-97CD-4836-9D18-8DA808778BA2.jpeg
    A7CA8E24-97CD-4836-9D18-8DA808778BA2.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 0

I wonder if that Rises armory will see the light of day. I sort of want to order the Giao Bruce set but not if there’s going to be an official release. Seems like it would be weird timing especially if a whole batman is included in the price.

I also want to upgrade the Batman in my TDK armory but that’s a lot of $ for what’s basically window dressing. I think I’ll just stick with a modded armory fig unless DX19s become a dime a dozen.
Good to know about the cape material, thanks! It may still be worth a shot, although I don't technically need it. It may work as just a usable spare though if anything.

As far as the DKR Armory, that's the one in the background of this image right? I wouldn't be surprised that it will get released, seeing as there may be a prototype that was used in that image. I guess the time to do it if you were going to would be while you are releasing 2.0 figures in the line.

One of the main draws for me with TDK version is that it fits in a detolf...I wonder how big the DKR version would be.
Hot-Toys-Dark-Knight-Rises-Batman-Figure-017.jpg

Good to know about the cape material, thanks! It may still be worth a shot, although I don't technically need it. It may work as just a usable spare though if anything.

As far as the DKR Armory, that's the one in the background of this image right? I wouldn't be surprised that it will get released, seeing as there may be a prototype that was used in that image. One of the main draws for me with TDK version is that it fits in a detolf...I wonder how big the DKR version would be.
They had it at SDCC with a Bruce in grey suit w/cane but I think it was a publicity stunt due to InArt. It’s got a coming soon listing on sideshow though.

They had it at SDCC with a Bruce in grey suit w/cane but I think it was a publicity stunt due to InArt. It’s got a coming soon listing on sideshow though.
Ah ok thanks. This was my first Batman Hot Toy so I'm new and catching up to the comings and goings of the line. :)

As far as the DKR Armory, that's the one in the background of this image right? I wouldn't be surprised that it will get released, seeing as there may be a prototype that was used in that image. I guess the time to do it if you were going to would be while you are releasing 2.0 figures in the line.

One of the main draws for me with TDK version is that it fits in a detolf...I wonder how big the DKR version would be.
Hot Toys atually had The Dark Knight Rises Bat Armory on display at SDCC back in 2012/2013, but never officially announced it, so hopefully it will actually go up for pre order this time.........:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Oh great. I'm so tempted for this but I'm Still waiting for my other stuff I ordered from your store. The cowl can go on the neck you made to pose the figure like it's on display.?

I friggin' really like this DX19, it's hitting the spot for sure. I compared it to the Armory version, and I'm impressed at the improvements in contrast to it. I ended up swapping the clean belt and custom cape from my Armory to the DX19 for my display.

Back