Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Deluxe ver. just came in. Loving the moving eye feature, wish more SW HT includes this. Overall it looks stunning. The 2nd head sculpt looks great as well. My minor gripe is with the lightsaber blade, a little tight to fit in the hilt, prone to breakage.
B5205F4D-5B15-41C2-AE40-037E604A2472.jpeg

My initial impression with this figure is hes kinda...small, I know Ray Park is obviously not a tall guy , but having HT Maul in hand standing next to other figures feel funny, even smaller than stormtroopers.

My initial impression with this figure is hes kinda...small, I know Ray Park is obviously not a tall guy , but having HT Maul in hand standing next to other figures feel funny, even smaller than stormtroopers.

Ray Park is 5'9", he's not as short as people remember him being. I think it's from his stance in most of the movie. So he should be like 11.5" tall?

To be honest I never notice, or care about Ray Park's height as Darth Maul in the TPM. But having a HT Darth Maul figure in hand, Im just kind of overwhelmed by the significance of how tiny of his actual figure is. I will put him next to Jedi Luke for comparison lately.

To be honest I never notice, or care about Ray Park's height as Darth Maul in the TPM. But having a HT Darth Maul figure in hand, Im just kind of overwhelmed by the significance of how tiny of his actual figure is. I will put him next to Jedi Luke for comparison lately.

Tiny as in undersized? Or just short? The Sideshow one always looked a bit undersized to me next to other figures because of its smaller head, and I was really hoping that wouldn't be the case here...

Tiny as in undersized? Or just short? The Sideshow one always looked a bit undersized to me next to other figures because of its smaller head, and I was really hoping that wouldn't be the case here...

Just short mostly...

sorry for the delay, no time for proper pics today, but here he is without the fat suit. Also switched out the boots to the sideshow, which gave him a bit more height. I think it helps! I cant for the life of me get the robe to look anything but trash, so i gave up until I see someone else managed to futz it better. Minus the robe, its a really fun figure, but one of the few times the old sideshow holds up as well

jRcUw7n.jpg

sorry for the delay, no time for proper pics today, but here he is without the fat suit. Also switched out the boots to the sideshow, which gave him a bit more height. I think it helps! I cant for the life of me get the robe to look anything but trash, so i gave up until I see someone else managed to futz it better. Minus the robe, its a really fun figure, but one of the few times the old sideshow holds up as well

jRcUw7n.jpg

Aside from the sculpt, SS?s is just flawed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jRcUw7n.jpg

How hard was it to take out the fat suit

jRcUw7n.jpg

To be honest he looks a bit anorexic without the "fat" suit. But might just be the angle ????

Just picked up my DX16 Maul and cracked the box for a peek.
I forgot how classy the DX package is...very nice.

At a quick glance he looks pretty good. Won't have time for a closer look at the figure until after the weekend (working) but it's great to have this to look forward to.

Back