Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that does look better to me without the fat suit, since it makes the neck not seem nearly as short. Only thing I'd probably do is poof out the tunic some more above the belt.

e409~01.jpg

So is most of the majority people getting this figure only getting the figure by itself?

I myself am not sure the speeder is necessary since the robe sucks and getting that look is pointless without a a good robe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robe does seem to suck while being high quality, and everyone complained that SS didn?t include one.

I bought the speeder version but not sure I need it, the figure itself is the best thing in the set and there have been quite a few complaints about how cheap the speeder stand seems.

d28d7b240c9b3afd87f29aaca5c1fdda.jpg

I wish all the figures were DX like this. The magnetic neck system is honestly amazing and way better than the crappy pegs. The eye movement is nice but not the easiest to get straight

sorry for the delay, no time for proper pics today, but here he is without the fat suit. Also switched out the boots to the sideshow, which gave him a bit more height. I think it helps! I cant for the life of me get the robe to look anything but trash, so i gave up until I see someone else managed to futz it better. Minus the robe, its a really fun figure, but one of the few times the old sideshow holds up as well

jRcUw7n.jpg

Dont think removing fat suit is a good idea though ...Maul looks like a kid in this pic.

Robe does seem to suck while being high quality, and everyone complained that SS didn?t include one.

I bought the speeder version but not sure I need it, the figure itself is the best thing in the set and there have been quite a few complaints about how cheap the speeder stand seems.

Has anyone tried water treatment to the robe to loosen it up a bit ?? I think half the problem is that the material is somewhat stiff especially due to the pleats adding rigidity. They may have even added some sort of spray to maintain the pleats. Some water might reduce that effect a bit.

As far as the stand, I think a lot of people are not pushing the clear tube all the way into the stand. Many of the reviewers have the bike wobbling all over the place simply because the clear tube is not pushed all the way into the base.

sorry for the delay, no time for proper pics today, but here he is without the fat suit. Also switched out the boots to the sideshow, which gave him a bit more height. I think it helps! I cant for the life of me get the robe to look anything but trash, so i gave up until I see someone else managed to futz it better. Minus the robe, its a really fun figure, but one of the few times the old sideshow holds up as well

Chili, could you post a picture of the fatsuit. Perhaps partial removal of some parts could lead to a better effect ?? Like with Jedi Luke.

d28d7b240c9b3afd87f29aaca5c1fdda.jpg

I wish all the figures were DX like this. The magnetic neck system is honestly amazing and way better than the crappy pegs. The eye movement is nice but not the easiest to get straight

Picture from the new Star Wars opera!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have decided that I don?t really need another Maul, but I might wanna try and get the bike and maybe the robe for my SSC version - and see if I can make it look ok. Seems like some buyers of the dx17 may wanna get rid of the bike and robe, so should be possible. Any idea what would be a fair price for the two?

Monkeydepot currently has the speeder for $99. Which I think was dropped from the $120 they were asking for originally. Not sure you're going to find it much cheaper than that.

Anyone’s maul come with a pleather wrist slip on piece that looked like this, and if not is this something thats going to happen over time to all of them? I wasnt sure if its worth asking for a replacement (part) or not but i am worried it could get worse.

1512FB26-D3A5-4AB6-B52D-FD8408EEC146.jpg
A47848F6-1359-4DA1-B72F-B74101390010.jpg

Anyone’s maul come with a pleather wrist slip on piece that looked like this, and if not is this something thats going to happen over time to all of them? I wasnt sure if its worth asking for a replacement (part) or not but i am worried it could get worse.

View attachment 466247
View attachment 466248

I removed these immediately on-sight..it was just pain in the @ss to attach the gloves when those things wrapping around the pegs.

I was so excited when I opened the box, but then I noticed the saber was crooked. Even the one on the light-up arm isn’t straight. Are all of your sabers crooked as well? Darth Maul toys in any line tend to have this problem, but I feel like mine is particularly pronounced.

D9E820CE-3848-4CBC-8D58-933F3CAA0EFA.jpg

6937A8B9-1988-4EEC-AC7F-EA335B2090EE.jpg

FD4B76DB-C5DF-4C21-9E4A-52D38CD6D173.jpg

Such a bummer for a “DX” figure...

I was so excited when I opened the box, but then I noticed the saber was crooked. Even the one on the light-up arm isn’t straight. Are all of your sabers crooked as well? Darth Maul toys in any line tend to have this problem, but I feel like mine is particularly pronounced.

View attachment 466291

Such a bummer for a “DX” figure...

Have you pushed it together properly ? You know it comes apart in 2 pieces to re-enact when Obi-Wan cut it in 2 pieces ?

Great shots and pose! Looking forward to getting a better look at the one I just received later next week. The pics in here are inspiring. ..Please keep them coming.

KG Hobby have said they are expecting Maul at the end of the month.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back